Bad
Good

The principal, the staff, the parents and ultimately the kids of this school make it one of the best schools in San Francisco. Parents volunteer at this school at an amazing rate for all kinds of events. They want their kids smart AND well rounded AND good people. This school rocks!!!

I cannot say enough great things about this school. My 1st grade daughter has thrived here. We debated between the other immersion schools when our daughter was entering Kindergarten and as this was a new school we were unsure if we should list it as our first choice but thank goodness we did. Principal Tong is fabulous. She's very responsive to parents and the kids adore her. The PTA is amazing and the parent community is so involved. The teachers are young, but they work so hard and really care for our kids. I love walking into the school and seeing such a diverse group of kids. The school just continues to get better each year. Also, this is the 2nd year of having GLO as the before and after school program and they're a great extension of the school. They make a great balance between learning and having fun and my daughter just loves her GLO teachers.

We won the lottery with CIS! Our daughter is flourishing here and speaking more and more Chinese every day. She loves her afterschool program at GLO and can t stop talking about all the new things she is learning in class. The PTA is truly amazing and is very supportive to incoming parents. My husband and I felt immediately at home when we attended the CIS camping trip. Principal Tong is very dedicated to the school and it shines through with her enthusiasm and hands-on approach. It says a lot when you see a student rush up to her and give her a big hug. If you are looking for a Chinese immersion program that has strong academics balanced with a love for arts and an involved PTA, this is the school for you.

This school is amazing. Our principal strikes a fantastic balance between maintaining academic rigor and a nurturing environment. She knows every kid by name and is caring, experienced, and a fantastic problem solver. Each and every one of the teachers is hard working and dedicated. Our parent community rocks big time. Both my kids and I love our school.

This school is outstanding on every level. The teachers and principal are amazing, dedicated, very hard working and approachable. The school also has an unbelievably great parent community. You will never walk into the school and not see several parent volunteers working away.

The principal is a great leader and approachable. The teachers are young, but they give so much love to the kids! My daughter loves her teacher - Mr. Lau(thank you!). There are always parents volunteering at the school. We know each other and there is a connection not only in school, but also outside school through different events. We love it!

Our daughter is thriving at Chinese Immersion School at DeAvila. The principal is excellent, teachers are outstanding and the parent involvement is out of this world! It is CIS' second year and I am confident that it will get even better.

Last modified Chinese Immersion School At Deavila is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.