San Francisco, CA

Posted January 26, 2015
Currently, it is listed as having "0" music program, however, there is a fantastic one at La Scuola!! The children attend music class twice a week, with a focus on nurturing their ears, crafting their appreciation of all types of music and applying what they're learning to new materials arranged specifically for them by their amazing teacher. The music program is tailored to meet the individual needs of each class and the children are regularly exposed to live music from small ensembles visiting the school to trips to the San Francisco Symphony. We are truly lucky to have such an enriching music program at La Scuola - my daughter is thriving there.

Posted November 15, 2014
Our daughter was in Spazio Gioco last year and now in Piccoli at La Scuola and we couldn't be happier. The school is beautiful and perfectly designed for children to explore and play. This campus will be the location for the preschool, but they've also just opened up a new location on Fell Street for the K-8 expansion planned in the coming years. We're excited about the IB PYP program as well and have had a great experience with the school.

Posted November 13, 2014
My daughter has been a part of the earliest program offered at La Scuola, called Spazio Gioco, for a few months. Part of this program (different from pre-school) is that a parent attends the class with their child. The enormous advantage of this, of course, is that we see and experience first hand what's happening in the classroom, our child's happiness in the environment and with the teacher, etc. There's no opportunity like that anywhere else. Happily, my daughter is so enamored of the space, the language, and *especially* her teacher, that she asks to go every day! (The class is just 2 days per week). She startles us now when she bursts into song in Italian (we speak very little Italian at home, that's solely the influence of class.) Plus the opportunity to meet other parents in the setting is just lovely. The environment is supportive and respectful of the child while subtly enforcing rules (washing hands regularly, food only in a certain area, etc). We are all very happy to be a part of this unique environment.

Posted November 10, 2014
La Scuola feels like a big family. The teachers, staff and parents are amazingly friendly and I'm proud to be part of the community. We are big fans of the Reggio Emilia learn-while-doing philosophy. Excited to be a part of the school.

Posted October 23, 2014
My daughter attended the Pre-School at La Scuola for 4 years. We love it so much that we decided to send her to the elementary school as well. But who wouldn't? They've got language immersion (Italian), an IB curriculum (doesn't get better than that), great teacher/student ratios (1:10), and nurturing my daughter to be curious in the world. She loves learning. I smile when she runs around the house with a tape measure, her joys are research projects. She claims she wants to be a princess astronaut! I'm just happy that she is thrilled to go to school every day.

Posted October 23, 2014
La Scuola is a warm, caring, nurturing environment that teaches children to love learning. I am always amazed at how curious, confident and friendly all the children are. And how engaged the teachers and staff are in their work, with lots of professional development and care in the development of the school. I am thrilled that my children have a chance to attend this incredible school.

Posted September 30, 2014
La Scuola has been a fabulous place for my two youngest children. I have a current Grandissimi, who at 4 years old is trilingual and very proud of it. He is able to alternate between English with friends to Italian with classmates and teachers to Spanish with Mom and grandma. Beyond the language piece, La Scuola's positive and beautiful environment makes it a joy to be in the space- for kids and parents. He doesn't want to leave and a parent cannot ask for a greater benefit than a child that enjoys learning and being at school. It is a wonderful community of families and the teaching and admin staff are top notch.

Posted February 09, 2014
My son started at La Scuola last year in 1st grade, we couldn't be happier. The school is a gem, the teachers and staff love their jobs and deeply care about the kids. The integrated curriculum and project based learning approach is great. Kids are learning everywhere, in the garden, classroom, the city on field trips, art room. It is all connected & well planned. We are not Italian, but we wanted a good international education and the IB program really appealed to us. Since this is a startup school, I believe the leadership is a very good predictor of how well the school will continue to do as it grows. The head of the school is a brilliant, dedicated and energetic woman, she really understands kids and cares about what's best for them. She is very creative and resourceful and always finds solutions to any problem. The staff and the teachers are very competent, energetic, work very well together and engage the parents in meaningful ways. In my kid's previous school parents were treated as free resources, not at La Scuola. The community is very tight and each of us bring a different expertise. Most importantly my son loves going to school every morning, nothing beats that.

Posted January 29, 2014
My twin girls first started in the pre-school program at La Scuola when they were three and a half and they are now almost seven years old in 1st grade. I am thrilled with La Scuola and my children are completely thriving. They love going to school and I love seeing them so keen to learn and so curious about the world. My daughters speak Italian and English and are able to speak confidently about projects they are working on at school. They have a wonderful and warm relationship with all their teachers, fellow students, Italian chefs and the admin staff. They fully enjoy the variety of art, math, science, music, literacy, gym and gardening aspects of their days and the wonderful Italian hot lunches too!

Posted January 07, 2014
Our son is in Kindergarten at La Scuola and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are amazing - highly qualified and experienced, warm and engaged. The approach - Reggio Emilia inspired and now orienting toward the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (La Scuola is SF's first candidate school!) is very progressive, interdisciplinary, project-based - but also fundamentally a sound education rooted in deep knowledge of pedagogical theory and child development. After all, how many schools in SF employ a full time pedagogista? The kids are learning all of the requisites (and they are woven together in compelling ways to keep the kids engaged and to bring reading, math and science to life) and they also enjoy great extracurriculars such as gardening and soccer. The "perks" such as a hot homemade lunch everyday are not bad either! I am confident that our son will thrive and that his education here will provide him with a 21st century education and will make him a true global citizen.

La Scuola