Bad
Good

Posted November 03, 2013
Amazing school. I am so happy my boy can transfer to this school. The teacher is so nice and patient to him. I can feel that my boy is improving.

Posted October 30, 2013
My son started kindergarten and Alamo and has had an amazing experience. Even though there are four classrooms per grade, it feels like a small community. Our son's teacher is experienced, yet she brings this freshness and engagement with the children that creates a great learning environment. There are many ways for parents to get involved, such as the Halloween carnival, and it's not all about fundraising, but raising fun as well. I'm very pleased with the afterschool program RDASC, as the staff are well trained, observant, and care about the kids. Our son sings the school song with pride: "Everyone's a friend I know, at A-L-A-M-O!"

Alamo Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2013
Our school is Alamo Elementary in SF's Richmond District. My son is in the First Grade and we have had a great experience thus far. The teachers at Alamo are wonderful---long tenured, dedicated and caring. Principal Fong is in her second year at the school and has brought great energy, new ideas and best practices from her long successful career into the school. The PTA is active and growing with lots of fundraising, community building and enrichment programs for kids and parents. Alamo is a wonderful school and should be a top consideration for local families!

Posted October 29, 2013
Alamo Elementary School San Francisco great academic school great parents involvement in the classroom lots of PTA events

Posted October 29, 2013
This is our second year at Alamo and we can not believe it.. Our daughter is in first grade and she loves going to school. We have had great teachers and well as great supportive parents and the PTA. Everyone goes above and beyond to accomplish goals for the kids.. Principal Fong is extremely great and a fantastic resource.. All the teachers have tenure and all fully invested in making a difference with the kids.. I'm so glad that my other two kids will also be attending here ..

Posted October 29, 2013
A-L-A-M-O, that's my school, that's Alamo!! Magic. It's all true, there is something alchemical that happens here. Not evident to the naked eye, but the HEART comes through in just about every touchpoint. No attitude, all commitment. I was going to move my family out of state for financial-survival reasons, but I simply could not tear us away from this school.An irreproducible combination of intellectual engagement, society building from the ground up, and well-rounded dedication to fostering excellence, confidence and JOY in our children on as many fronts as possible--academic, artistic, athletic, expressive, civic, social and compassionate. "A" is for "Amazing." Alamo truly carries on a rich and proud legacy of authenticity in achievement. Come here only if you want to fall in love and give your heart and helping hands to a community of genuinely wonderful people, big and little.

Posted October 29, 2013
Alamo is a school with a fantastic staff, friendly families, and a wonderful sense of community. They really care about the "whole child". We feel incredibly fortunate to be here.

Posted October 29, 2013
I decided to play the public school roulette and had Alamo as my first choice. And we WON!! 14 months in I couldn't be happier. The Principal Fong, is very visible and approachable and truly cares about moving Alamo ahead and keeping it a strong school. Very well run school.

Posted October 29, 2013
Many moons ago I went to Alamo! Imagine how proud I am that my first grader is walking a mile in my shoes and experiencing what I had first hand! I love Alamo, its teachers and am surrounded by parents who are as involved as I am!

Posted October 29, 2013
Alamo is a great school. We placed our two children here. We love it because it has a wonderful parent community. There are plenty of enrichment activities before and after school. It's a fun learning place for my children.

Alamo Elementary School
250 23rd Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94121-2009
Last modified Alamo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.