Aptos Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2014
I am a student at Aptos. I am now in 8th grade and have been having a good year. This school has gone through a lot and I have been with it. In 6th grade I was being bullied rapidly but when I told the counselor they supplied a therapist and I got over the things that made me sad. Now I don't pay attention to bad things. This school is dangerous but if you tune the bad people out you could find the good people. Ps stay inside at lunch.

Aptos Middle School 2

Posted May 05, 2014
For my very bright son this school was a disaster. Violence in the hallways, gay slurs yelled with impunity, vandalism are all things my son witnessed. Honors class = hours of homework but not extra challenge/stimulation. Of the three teachers my son had one was excellent, another was good, and the third was a long-term substitute who was abusive. I repeatedly tried to meet with counselors and the principle but was either ignored or put off. This school is like a huge, listing galleon: slow to turn and adapt, and taking in huge amounts of water. The principle here is wonderful but has his hands full just trying to stay afloat.

Posted April 17, 2014
that our school is a great one its has a great commituity and nice people.What i Like about Aptos middle school is that every there is helpful and teachers they love each and every kid also sowing they need to improve is the shortish of paper they need more supplies.

Aptos Middle School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
I am an incoming 6th grader this coming fall 2014. I look forward to improve our PTA funding. Which will help our school to improve our with extra safety patrolling our school during the morning, during our lunch time especially when we have 991 almost 1000 students having the same lunch time period. It would be awesome if we have extra faculties monitoring students. I also wanted to mention Aptos Middle school had become a great school over last few years. We hope to improve on our extra curriculum, like the school band, art, and after school program for students who absolutely needs help on their school work. WE'RE PROUD TO BE APTOS MIDDLE SCHOOL KID.

Aptos Middle School 3

Posted February 12, 2014
I don't really know if I should say yes, it's a good school, or no. I have always had good grades, until seventh. I had the hardest math teacher, and he's really hard. I started asking questions, but he'd answer me with another question. This school can be full of bullying, also. I have been bullied here, and I mean the staff acts like they'll help us feel safe, but in reality, you don't. I went back to General Education for eight, and well .. everyone believes I'm "smarter" than everyone in class, but if I were to be,I wish they'd let me prove I belong in the Honors Class. It also may depend who you may hang out with.. This school should improve by caring more of bullying, and students' grades.

Posted August 23, 2013
its fun and all of the teachers are awesome even the princeabal.alsoevey kid is cool to every body nice,and awesome

Aptos Middle School 1

Posted April 23, 2013
Very disappointing experience. Aside from a small handful of staff who appear to be trying their best despite limited resources, the school seems to have no handle on how to address bullying issues despite numerous anti-bullying posters scattered about. Safety is a huge concern here and staff seem either unable or disengaged to stop the violence, perhaps because there seems to be an entire culture of these sorts of behaviors rather than a few perpetrators. The honors program is also ludicrous. The supposed honors math/science teacher does little but put on children's movies during class times or check facebook or text. Students are allowed to play cards as well as other games on handheld electronic devices during class times. After a semester of math, our child fell so far behind in the honors class that we had to hire a private tutor!

Posted July 04, 2012
I currently go to this school and both my two sisters went to this school and liked it! my sisters still visit Aptos and I will too when I leave. Aptos is great, it's fun and we learn a lot!

Posted March 19, 2012
I'm currently in 8th grade right now. When I started middle school in the 6th grade, I felt really uncomfortable with the environment and diverse community. But as the year went on, I felt more adapted to the environment and the students weren't as horrible as I thought they would be. The teachers were very supportive and want you to be successful. If you're looking for a middle school, this is the perfect school for your kid. My favorite teacher was Mr. Addiego. He was a truly good teacher and actually taught you the material that you needed to know!

Posted May 25, 2011
Jazz band, regular band, orchestra. Great studio arts teacher. Theater productions. (Many Aptos students go on to attend School of the Arts.) Some really strong science, math, and history teachers--possibly my kids were lucky, but the ones they had were really good. Their classes were good preparation for Lowell. Strong sports teams (make the playoffs or championships in most sports). Really, really diverse student body, the most balanced in the city. A truly dedicated and popular new principal this year. Free afterschool program with enrichment and homework time. Lots of community activities. Active parent group that keeps growing. Beautiful building with refurbished auditorium, and great location next to a park that is just up the hill from the K train. It's a crazy time for parents as the kids are, well, middle-schoolers, but this is a great place....wish I had gone to a school like Aptos when I was in middle school.

Aptos Middle School
105 Aptos Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94127
Last modified Aptos Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aptos Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews.