Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am a new parent to Aptos this year and I couldn't be more excited for my son and for all the great things happening at Aptos. My son is very happy and is enjoying his new experience in middle school. His teachers are great and keep parents up to date on events/homework/grades on School Loop. They are easy to talk to and have been available for any questions that I have. There has been a lot of homework compared to elementary school, but this is what I would expect. Principal Hannon is a wonderful leader for this school. He is enthusiastic, smart, and has a great energy about him. All the admin/office staff that I've met this school year are the same -everyone is so nice and they enjoy what they do and that reflects in the energy of the school. The librarian Ms. Bishop is amazing!! She has so much energy and love for what she does. The parent community involvement and PTA is growing. Every parent I have met from all different elementary schools have been so nice and its been great to meet new people and have my son make new friends. We are really happy and proud to be an Aptos family! Go Tigers!

This is our third year at Aptos and we are looking forward to the next three with our second child. It is a big school, but still feels very personable and part of a great community. The principal Mr. Hannon is youthful and energetic, has an overall vision for the school, is ambitious yet realistic, and really cares about the school community and making the best it can be. Although he has a strong vision for the school, he is still receptive to parent and student feedback. Aptos has been a great experience for our family! Go Tigers!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I was a fan of the honors program, but SFUSD has elected to remove them from all middle schools. Kids who were in the honors program are definitely getting less homework and, I suspect, less depth in their educational curriculum than when there was an honors program, but I believe this will be the experience in any SF public school.

Great music program! Aptos kids made up 1/3 of the All City Band in 2015. Highly successful athletic programs. Safe and supportive environment. We have just sent our third child there as well as our two older children and all have enjoyed their experience there. Beautiful classic updated building with wonderful tile works. Highly recommended all around. My first 2 children went to Lowell after Aptos and they were well prepared.

I am a student at Aptos. I am now in 8th grade and have been having a good year. This school has gone through a lot and I have been with it. In 6th grade I was being bullied rapidly but when I told the counselor they supplied a therapist and I got over the things that made me sad. Now I don't pay attention to bad things. This school is dangerous but if you tune the bad people out you could find the good people. Ps stay inside at lunch.

For my very bright son this school was a disaster. Violence in the hallways, gay slurs yelled with impunity, vandalism are all things my son witnessed. Honors class = hours of homework but not extra challenge/stimulation. Of the three teachers my son had one was excellent, another was good, and the third was a long-term substitute who was abusive. I repeatedly tried to meet with counselors and the principle but was either ignored or put off. This school is like a huge, listing galleon: slow to turn and adapt, and taking in huge amounts of water. The principle here is wonderful but has his hands full just trying to stay afloat.

that our school is a great one its has a great commituity and nice people.What i Like about Aptos middle school is that every there is helpful and teachers they love each and every kid also sowing they need to improve is the shortish of paper they need more supplies.

I am an incoming 6th grader this coming fall 2014. I look forward to improve our PTA funding. Which will help our school to improve our with extra safety patrolling our school during the morning, during our lunch time especially when we have 991 almost 1000 students having the same lunch time period. It would be awesome if we have extra faculties monitoring students. I also wanted to mention Aptos Middle school had become a great school over last few years. We hope to improve on our extra curriculum, like the school band, art, and after school program for students who absolutely needs help on their school work. WE'RE PROUD TO BE APTOS MIDDLE SCHOOL KID.

I don't really know if I should say yes, it's a good school, or no. I have always had good grades, until seventh. I had the hardest math teacher, and he's really hard. I started asking questions, but he'd answer me with another question. This school can be full of bullying, also. I have been bullied here, and I mean the staff acts like they'll help us feel safe, but in reality, you don't. I went back to General Education for eight, and well .. everyone believes I'm "smarter" than everyone in class, but if I were to be,I wish they'd let me prove I belong in the Honors Class. It also may depend who you may hang out with.. This school should improve by caring more of bullying, and students' grades.

its fun and all of the teachers are awesome even the princeabal.alsoevey kid is cool to every body nice,and awesome

Last modified Aptos Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.