Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter is a graduate of Balboa High School and is completing her first year of college. Balboa created a positive learning environment and a solid preparation for ther transition to higher education. I cannot say enough positive things about the amazing teachers at Balboa...dedicated, caring, and incredibly supportive of the students learning and growth.

Posted October 24, 2013
GREAT TEACHERS are what make Balboa High School a superb and sought-after program. Not just a few great teachers. A LOT of great teachers. Vibrant, enthusiastic, energetic teachers who are committed to their students. Teachers who believe they can make a difference and who actually do make a difference. Teachers who help students realize that education provides opportunity, and learning can change the way we can see and interact and appreciate the world around us.

Posted October 24, 2013
I recently graduated from Balboa (Class of 2013) and I will never forget my four years there. I had so many wonderful teachers who inspired me and I met a lot of amazing friends. High school is not an easy time for a lot of people, but the support I received made it a memorable experience.

Posted August 23, 2013
My son graduated from Balboa this past June, and I was very impressed, during his four years at the school, by the teachers and the dedication they show for their students. There is a small, but active, PTA (I wish more families would participate), and I found the teachers, counselors, and administrators very responsive and supportive. The principal, Mr. Kerr, is doing a great job.

Posted February 06, 2013
I am the parent of two high school students attending Balboa High School. I honestly can't say enough good things about the school. Love the students, staff and teachers. Would recommend highly!

Posted April 09, 2012
I love Balboa High School! I am the parent of a student at the school and we are very happy there! Excellent teachers, staff, students and school environment! Wonderful coaches, sports programs and academic programs.

Posted September 06, 2011
Balboa High School is the best high school in San Francisco. I graduated in 1981, one of the best year to graduate with awesome talented students and best teachers with excellent curriculum. My high school years was one of the most awesome times of my life. Missed all my friends but hopefully, y'all are having good lives. One day, I will visit home to see "Bal" again..."part of a trip home back in memory lane of good, fun learning experienced." thanks to all my teachers and staff.

Posted June 08, 2010
This school has been great for my son - He was challenged in the honors geometry class and inspired by his art teacher. Physics is now his favorite subject -thanks to the excellent Physics teacher. The English teacher left halfway through the school year which was strange. The new teacher was much harder and the kids were not prepared for that- nevertheless, it is an honors class so maybe it needed to step it up a bit. He did not like the PE teacher but PE is only required for two years and not such a big deal. He was on the swim team-They train four days a week, after school at the nearby pool,and have swim meets every friday night. I think the school in general has good sports and clubs. The school administration seems well organized. The Campus looks great as well- lots of gardening going on!!!!

Posted May 02, 2010
I think this school is excellent and I really feel that the teachers do care about the students. It is a very supportive community, tons of resources and great kids

Balboa High School 3

Posted January 04, 2010
Most teachers are great, but some are unlikely to care about your student and his grade or problems in class.

Balboa High School
1000 Cayuga Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94112
Last modified Balboa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Balboa High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top