Bad
Good

Posted August 16, 2015
When we first came to this school one year ago, we didn't know what to expect. Burton was not our first choice, it wasn't even on our list, in fact, we had never heard of the school before. If this sounds like you, then you are the reason I wrote this review. This school is what you make it, and I'm happy to report that one year later this school has become a community, and our son is flourishing! I recommend you Get your child involved. Signing up for one or two after-school programs, or one of the clubs contributes to the quality of your child's overall High School experience. The Principal is always accessible, positive and caring. The students are amazing young people, most of whom are focused and driven.We have a newly formed PTA, principal chats and more. There are plenty of options for parents who want to be involved.

Posted July 14, 2013
Burton High School not only has the best Principal in San Francisco but also has the best staff. Mr. Kappenhagen loves to interact with all of us students and his door is always open for everyone. He is just amazing. All of the teachers are easy to work with. If you give them your all, they will do the same to you. They are all very nice and will push you to your limit. I highly recommend joining Navy Junior Reserved Officer Training Corps. Master Sergeant is the BEST instructor in SF and we have the best battalion. NJROTC is one hell of an experience. Not to mention we are the only Navy JROTC school in the district, making us stand out to all the other schools. I love the Puma Battalion and Burton High!

Posted April 18, 2012
Best thing as a parent of this school is an amazing principle, He works wonders with the kids and my son is NOT one for authority outside the home I know! But he has a wonderful impact with my son, teachers are very proactive with parents who are proactive in their kids education and great support. As a parent I couldnt ask for more.

Posted December 05, 2009
Burton is a school where academics are of the upmost priority. ALl of the students here put their grades above everything else. They are all so determined and motivated to do well. I am extremely glad that I teach at this school... Watching these young adults progress and succeed in life is the most incredible gift I could ask for. They are all going quite far in life.

Posted September 21, 2009
I love Phillip & Sala Burton Academic High School because it is not a very big school; and the staffs are very friendly and cool.

Posted September 21, 2009
I love Burton High School because the staffs care so much about all of us, the students.

Posted September 21, 2009
I like Phillip & Sala Burton Academic High School because people there are cool, nice, and friendly :>

Posted September 20, 2009
Burton is a good school! just some teachers aren't that good!! but overall, it's good!!

Posted August 27, 2009
well this school is good the teachers are very social with the kids and they interact with them.Iam a student at burton high and i love it!!!!

Posted November 08, 2008
Burton has incredible diversity and fantastic after school programs. This is my eleventh year teaching in urban high schools; this year is my first at Burton High School. What a year it is shaping up to be! This school offers clubs, sports, dances, volunteer opportunities, field trips, wellness programs, library services, after school programs, and much more. I am glad I made the move to Burton High!

400 Mansell Street, San Francisco, CA  94134-1829
Last modified Burton (Phillip And Sala) Academic High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burton (Phillip And Sala) Academic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top