Posted May 13, 2008

Carver (George Washington) Elementary School 0

Posted November 16, 2007
My daughter attended this school when she was in Kindergarten. Now, in the 5th grade, we have searched high and low for a school that compares to the love, concern and education received at Carver. We loved this school and the environment. My daughter has never been a discipline problem and she did not experience an atmosphere of 'military discipline' I, a stay-at-home mom, was welcomed daily! I signed in every morning and was welcomed by the teacher and other faculty. I personally saw, Mrs Wade-Thompson pick up children from home, take children home, and show genuine concern for her 'babies'. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Carver (George Washington) Elementary School 0

Posted August 31, 2007
This school is run like a jail. The principal and many of the teachers are mean to the children. The test scores are going down.

Carver (George Washington) Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2007
This is my nieghborhood and it is sad that state it is in! No one learns when they are in a state of fear. And though the students are tightly controlled in the classroom there are neither controls nor anything to do on the play yard, where the students let loose.

Posted September 06, 2006
I did my research thoroughly; Dr. George Washington Carver is a hidden gem amongst the city's urban streets. This place has made my son a wonderful, more social, responsible young man. The faculty is superb; they care about the kids and their families. To say this school is like a 'military school' is rather a complement than an insult- I wouldn't have it any other way! The students are polite, they say 'ma'am and sir' when they are spoken to and they know their place! Do send your child to this school!

Posted September 06, 2006
This school is a warm place for my child. He feels right at home here. Kids are kids, they are going to tease each other regardless of the situation- it is up to the parent to teach their child how to respond to this.

Carver (George Washington) Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2006
At this school my daughter seemed like she didn't fit the mold. She was often teased by the kids for knowing the answers, She wasn't taught any thing at this school. The curriculm was below standard. This school is like a military school for bad kids that can no longer be controlled in a regular environment. If I would have done my research prior to her attending this school , my daughter would have been better off. Now my daughter has to be reprogrammed. From being at this school she has regressed. Don't send your child to this school.

Carver (George Washington) Elementary School
1360 Oakdale Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94124
Last modified Carver (George Washington) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carver (George Washington) Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.