Posted April 02, 2014
John Yehall Chin is a great school. My son just transferred to this school during the 5th grade. Ms. Annie Luu is an excellent teacher. She is extremely attentive to all her students and she is strict with her homework assignments. Although she assigns a lot of homework, the students love her! The principal, Mr. Lee, is outstanding also. I am sorry I did not start my son at this school during kindergarten.

Chin (John Yehall) Elementary School 1

Posted January 25, 2014
My child is still afraid of the administrators at John Yehall Chin. We were attracted by JYC s high test scores and thought the discipline would be a positive, but on two separate occasions, our Kindergartener was threatened by different members of JYC staff. We saw our talkative and inquisitive child learn to stop asking questions. For children who quietly sit down to receive instruction and don t stand out too much, it seems to work. For our child, attending John Yehall Chin was a year to try to forget.

Posted December 15, 2013
Excellent, but the after school leaves something to be desired. Excellent, dedicated teachers and [mostly] good kids with minimal bad eggs. The principal is kind but strict. I've enjoyed my 4th and 5th grade here.

Posted December 05, 2011
After changing two private schools for my child finally we found academically better school and at no cost. We are very happy with teachers, school staff and kids are disciplined and nice. They also have an excellent afterschool program and every morning professional karate lessons.

Posted December 11, 2010
As a former student of John Yehall Chin I must say I wouldn't have had my elementary years at any other school. The teachers were challenging but the work was reasonable. The principal took the time to learn every single students name every year. Even now when I go back to visit he remembers my name & I see him saying "Goodbye, see you tomorrow ____" to every student.

Posted November 28, 2008
This is a great school in San Francisco.All the teachers are kind and nice.They will get your child really smart fast!!!

Posted March 01, 2008

Posted July 25, 2007

Posted August 20, 2005
My child will be in the 1st grade this year. In my experience and observations, I have to tell you how impressed I am with the dedication of the principal mr. lee. He looks out for every student. He, mrs. lam and the other teachers knows each students names. Being new to the school my husband and I felt like part of the school's family. Our son's teacher is so great! I volunteered at school so I got to know mrs. tina lee and the students in room 207. She is soft spoken, kind and firm to the kindregarteners in her class. My son enjoyed writing in his jounal. Which he learned everything from writing his name to composition etc. He made many fun school projects were so happy to see. My son enjoyed computer, music,drama they had a play too. Maybe sports will be in the near future.

Posted June 09, 2004

Chin (John Yehall) Elementary School
350 Broadway Street, San Francisco, CA  94133
Last modified Chin (John Yehall) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chin (John Yehall) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.