Bad
Good

John Yehall Chin is a great school. My son just transferred to this school during the 5th grade. Ms. Annie Luu is an excellent teacher. She is extremely attentive to all her students and she is strict with her homework assignments. Although she assigns a lot of homework, the students love her! The principal, Mr. Lee, is outstanding also. I am sorry I did not start my son at this school during kindergarten.

My child is still afraid of the administrators at John Yehall Chin. We were attracted by JYC s high test scores and thought the discipline would be a positive, but on two separate occasions, our Kindergartener was threatened by different members of JYC staff. We saw our talkative and inquisitive child learn to stop asking questions. For children who quietly sit down to receive instruction and don t stand out too much, it seems to work. For our child, attending John Yehall Chin was a year to try to forget.

Excellent, but the after school leaves something to be desired. Excellent, dedicated teachers and [mostly] good kids with minimal bad eggs. The principal is kind but strict. I've enjoyed my 4th and 5th grade here.

After changing two private schools for my child finally we found academically better school and at no cost. We are very happy with teachers, school staff and kids are disciplined and nice. They also have an excellent afterschool program and every morning professional karate lessons.

As a former student of John Yehall Chin I must say I wouldn't have had my elementary years at any other school. The teachers were challenging but the work was reasonable. The principal took the time to learn every single students name every year. Even now when I go back to visit he remembers my name & I see him saying "Goodbye, see you tomorrow ____" to every student.

This is a great school in San Francisco.All the teachers are kind and nice.They will get your child really smart fast!!!

Last modified Chin (John Yehall) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.