Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Clarendon Alternative Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
All the teachers at Clarendon are terrific. They work well with the kids and the parents. I am very grateful to be part of the Clarendon community and for all the hard work from our wonderful teachers.

Posted December 09, 2015
The teachers are great. There are excellent suport services available if needed. Parent involvement is high. The office staff is outstanding as well.

Posted August 22, 2013
My son has been at Clarendon since kindergarten, and is now in his last year, in the fifth grade. Clarendon has such a stellar reputation as an elementary school, I felt like we won the lottery when my son was accepted - and we DID. It's like getting the best $200,000 private school education, but at a public school, for free. The staff is outstanding, and the teachers are extremely caring and dedicated to teaching - and the parent community is so supportive and amazing, we've made so many lifelong friends, we've all even planned camping vacations together. My son learned to speak and write Japanese in the Japanese immersion program, and has learned so many creative skills with all of the resources available - art, music, chess. The before and after-school program headed by Shelley is also fantastic, and educational, too - they oversee that your child has help completing homework! I am actually heartsick that our time at Clarendon must end because my son will graduate from the 5th grade this year - I wish it went to the 8th grade! I feel so lucky and blessed our son was able to attend - it really is the best school any parent can hope for.

Posted June 07, 2013
it really is the best school any parent can hope for. Perfect, if there is such a thing!

Posted March 31, 2013
I feel so lucky that my children go to Clarendon. The teachers are great, knowledgeable and caring. The curriculum is excellent, with enrichment programs such as music and Italian. Yes, my children learn Italian at Clarendon and can even speak some of it. One of my children has special need, the Principal, teachers and staff work together to help her and our entire family. The Principal, Mr. Van Court is a wonderful leader. He is caring, attentive and accessiable. He listens to the needs of various students and families and tries his best to fulfill those needs. He made sure that every aspect of school stands out. He even knows every student by their name. I am very impressed as a parent. The teachers are very creative in teaching. Everyday, my children come back home telling us how excited they are at school and what they learned new. I hope all the elementary schools could have the same excellence as Clarendon.

Clarendon Alternative Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2012
my granddaughter is so happy to be at Clarendon.She is learning well and enjoys the atmosphere. Thank you! Beatrice Wallerstein

Posted October 23, 2012
Oh, Clarendon, we love you. My child is so happy to head off to school each day. I'm thrilled with how much she is learning, without sacrificing social/emotional learning and the fun stuff like field trips. It seems like a great mix. Expect to be asked to volunteer a lot (in the class and for special events), and receive many fundraising requests---but I'm sensing this is the new norm in many public schools---but it all seems worth it for a great school.

Posted January 31, 2012
Great school with amazing teachers my daughter enjoys learning at school . She learned so many things about science, history and Italian that is amazing. I always feel happy to know how she is carouse about knowing new things.

Posted October 12, 2010
Great staff, I fully trust my kid to their hands every morning. And parent collaboration is fabulous!

Posted September 29, 2010
The teachers are talented, caring and committed. My son had grown and learned so much already in just his second year there.

Clarendon Alternative Elementary School
500 Clarendon Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94131-1113
Last modified Clarendon Alternative Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.