San Francisco, CA

Denman (James) Middle School 4

Posted November 18, 2014
Denman has been the perfect school for our 8th grade daughter. She has found acceptance, friendship, and opportunities for growth way beyond what our family expected from a middle school. The teachers are wonderful, administration has a vision and pursues it, and the parents are great as well. My wife and I have made good friends here, too! The school has many clubs, my daughter participates in two or three of them a year.

Denman (James) Middle School 4

Posted November 17, 2014
My son only recently started at Denman. We are part of a growing group of families coming from the Miraloma Feeder. We are pleased with the school, so far. The teaching seems top notch. The principal has vision and passion. She is spearheading many new innovative programs. My son is making friends and feels safe and comfortable at school. It is a friendly welcoming environment. The student body is diverse in every way and that only enriches my child's learning experience. It is one of the few school that I toured that is implementing the district Restorative practices program fully and with real commitment. This is a school going through rapid change and it is exciting to be a part of those changes. We like that this is one of the smaller public middle schools in the city. The after school program is great and free. The school is a gem in the rough still some polishing needed, but well on it's way!

Posted March 14, 2011
James Denman is a great school! Their teachers are great and educate you fairly well. I began in 6th grade with a 7th grade reading level and ended with a 10th grade reading level. The best part of the school is their Band/Orchestra. The class has lots of spirit and the teacher is hilarious! Those are the memories I'll remember the most. It's also a very diverse school with friendly people. The counselors are understanding and open to talk most of the time. The best part is that the school has many clubs for students to join. I joined about 3-4 clubs and it was a blast! You meet new people and you become a bigger part of the community. Speaking of community, they have a garden next to the school where students are able to work with plants to beautify the community. The only con would be PE. I didn't feel very worked out because they provided us with a lot of free time. Otherwise, I would rate this school a 9/10.

Denman (James) Middle School 1

Posted November 21, 2010
This schools teachers cannot teach. I have one of my students in a Ms. Stenacks class and he doesn't learn anything because he saids all Ms. Stenack does is make these useless activities that don't teach. Many of the other James Denman teachers are useless and can't teach. This school is a disappointment.

Posted March 20, 2010
man james denman middle school is the bessst bestt besssst middle school i ever chose! the best three years of my life in currently an 8th grader going to jdms. and i keep losing my mind about graduating. it makes me wanna cry when i hear graduate because i really love this school and its a good place to meet friends.and when you go here you wont regret because you have good sports teams! and fun field trips like to the giants games and sixs flag but for 8th graders and ahve a greaat time! choose denman! it rocks ima miss denman thats why im going to balboa to be close :D

Posted March 15, 2010
The school has great fun and caring teachers, although most students do more playing around than working. JDMS has math honor class for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade and has proven to be a pretty good tracks and baseball teams. It also has orchestra, volleyball, and basketball teams. I would rate it 6/10

Posted March 15, 2010
james denman is the best school my daughter has chosen she loves it and its a very awesome school. she loves it so much since the first time she saw it. i recommed you to chose james denman. she currently about to graduate and says sad for her to leave . she met awesome friends and now she hates to leave it a very good school

Posted January 22, 2010
I recommend your child to go to JDMS. JDMS is a wonderful school.They have Gread Math and Language Arts classes. My son in 6th had a 5th grade reading level now as a 8th grader he has a 9thgrade reading level. JDMS has the 2 best science teachers and they were voted best by SFUSD.They have a great Band and Orchestra program also. Parents dont want there students to go to JDMS beacause they say there many kids who may influence there child to be bad.Well not really true.I say other middle schools children are worst than Denman.

Posted September 07, 2009
james denman is an awesome school. every day i have fun here.

Denman (James) Middle School 1

Posted July 15, 2009

Denman (James) Middle School
241 Oneida Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94112
Last modified Denman (James) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Denman (James) Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top