Posted September 04, 2013
My child is an incoming 6th grader at Everett. She was thrilled that Everett offered a step up program for the incoming students to get to know each other and the school and learn more about what to expect. After the first week I overheard her telling a friend who hadn't yet started school that if her school was anything like Everett the other girl was going to love it. That is high praise, but I think it is merited. The students at Everett are taught to aim high from their first day. The expectations for student performance and behavior is clear and it is enforced fairly and consistently. For my daughter this has meant staying after school several times to finish incomplete work or as a consequence for lapses in attention to instructions. This seems appropriate and she hasn't complained as it doesn't feel punitive to her but just corrective and fair. As a parent I appreciate the high standards and their consistent but patient enforcement. I have already seen a changed commitment and enjoyment in learning as a result of all that is happening in the classrooms.

Posted September 04, 2013
While we have only been involved with this wonderful middle school for about three weeks now, the adjustment for our newly minted sixth grader has been fantastic. It may be too early to say he's thriving, but what I especially love is that he comes home enthusiastic about the whole day and learning. Bottom line, enjoying building high quality lifelong learning skills may be the best outcome that is visible so far. That he's happy, making new friends, and feeling supported is icing on the cake. Our biggest adjustment has been the newly acquired freedom; which unlike elementary school, these kids have a lot of latitude (which is great practice for adulthood).

Posted September 04, 2013
Whenever my child is asked what he likes best about Everett Middle School, he says "the teachers-they make you want to learn!"

Posted September 04, 2013
My son just started 6th grade at Everett, but we spent a great deal of time in the last year and 1/2 attending tours (several times, both parents), talking to teachers, the principal and anyone else willing to talk to us! And I'm thrilled to say that Everett has proved to be as great as we had hoped! The 6th grade teachers are incredible! They are energized, inspiring and get the kids excited about learning. Our son even chose Creative Writing as his elective, which came as a total shock (knowing how he avoided writing in the past!). We love Everett!

Everett Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
I attended this school and was bullied on a regular basis while teachers ignored it, I felt like the teachers would not allow me to study ahead of where we were in class and so I was bored a lot of the time. With the exception of a couple of caring teachers, most of them don't seem dedicated to their jobs. I wished I had had the opportunity to go to another middle school, even though it would have meant a longer commute.

Posted October 22, 2010
Everett has suffered from a bad rep, unjustified for what is really going on in the school. Because of the affect of the high percentage of newcomers as well as low socio-economic students, the test scores do not appropriately reflect what kind of learning and teaching is going on in the school. My high-achieving 6th grader is happy and challenged and scoring where I would expect in the state assessments. Give Everett a serious lookover rather than dismissing it because of the past reputation.

Posted October 02, 2010
Everett Middle School is on the move. You'll notice a wide range of reviews below dating back to 2003. Since this time the school has had a different administration almost every year. It is now 2010 and for the first time ever, Everett has the same Principal, Assistant Principal, IRF and counseling staff in place as last year. 17 teachers/support staff have moved on and the building has now been infused with some strong, innovative talent. Structures are being put in place, the hallways are dramatically different . Once a week the homeroom teachers gather their students in Community Circles to address bullying, teasing, racism etc. You can see student leaders monitoring the hallways, planning dances and mediating student conflicts. We now have Spanish Immersion and a PTA. It's an exciting time to get involved with EMS! See for yourself, tours every Wed. at 9AM.

Everett Middle School 5

Posted March 25, 2010

Everett Middle School 5

Posted October 16, 2009

Posted October 16, 2009
Everett has a vibrant principal and an impressive teaching staff. My sixth grade twins have thrived at Everett and have loved their teachers. The electives are weak especially the music element.

Everett Middle School
450 Church Street, San Francisco, CA  94114
Last modified Everett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Everett Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top