Glen Park Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
I would like to give this school a 3.5 but I feel that it is heading strongly towards a 4-star school. The Principal, Ms. Robertson, is starting her second year. She replaced a popular Principal who had been there for 29 years and Ms. Robertson is bringing a new perspective, new energy and giving the school a invigorated charter. The school has a great after care program and is developing a garden project this year. The only negative lies in Parental involvement. Many of the other top schools and even schools on par with Glen Park have PTO organization that raise over $300k a year. Glen Park is well under $100k. The PTO is improving but it will take a lot of highly motivated parents to push this school up to the levels of Alvarado, Clarendon and even Sunnyvale. But we will keep trying!

Posted September 11, 2013
Hoping this school will remain a SF Hidden Jewel, we are VERY happy with the diverse staff, warmth, and down to earth PTO this school community has. Currently there is a FT Counselor, Literacy Specialist, Outdoor Education Coordinator. School leadership is pushing literacy and empathy curriculm so only good things are to come.

Posted September 09, 2013
Glen Park is a great school with a student population that is truly representative of the great diversity that San Francisco offers. Glen Park has great teachers and a very, very competent new principal. My son has attended Glen Park since Kindergarten. He is in 4th grade now and is excelling.

Posted September 05, 2013
My daughter just started Kindergarten this year and we have been very happily surprised by Glen Park. The parent involvement is strong and the new principal is highly promising. I believe that Glen Park is becoming a strong and enjoyable school. The teacher has been facilitating the transition and my daughter, who typically has difficulty with changes and transitions, has been supported in the right way to ease that big adjustment. We are hoping to get involved more and more and to support this school in its efforts.

Posted August 05, 2013
We're very happy with Glen Park Elementary -- principal Jean is the best thing that we could have hoped for! The PTO is still relatively new, but it just keeps getting bigger and better.

Posted April 06, 2013
I do have a question, How Green supporting sustainability, is this school? Will you nominate this school as one that is greening the premises? Please give me some feedback. Thanks! Sandra

Posted February 20, 2013
"Hi, my name is ********** and what I like about Glen Park Elementary School is that it feels safe and I do not get bullied. I also like the way my teacher teaches science. He does hands-on experiments which really help me see the way things work. I feel confident on tests. All the teachers are funny and give me the courage to ask and answer hard questions. All of the teachers I have ever had at Glen Park Elementary have taught me a lot. So, I would like to thank them. I really like that the SF Unified School District has a new and improved school lunch program! That makes attendance at Glen Park Elementary even better!" We posted a review 4 long years ago when our oldest started kindergarten at GPS. I asked my oldest what she liked her about her school recently and that's what she wrote. It's been a great experience for my kids. They have learned an amazing amount from teachers who are very good at differentiating the curriculum. They have had great field trips and exciting art enrichment. They are excited about school and learning. Parent involvement has grown by leaps and bounds since we started as well. With our new principal, we couldn't ask for more!

Posted November 02, 2012
As a parent of a kindergartener, we're really pleased with the school so far. The new principal, Jean Robertson, is fantastic, and the staff seems very engaged and committed. The PTO and staff seem aligned in elevating the school to the next level, and there is really nice enthusiasm for the increasingly neighborhood school. We've also been very pleasantly surprised with the number and breadth of "extras" (Playworks, SFArts, learning clusters for the kids, a new robotics project, a beautiful library and computer lab), and the great physical plant after the recent extensive re-model (and the upcoming greening project). It feels like a great time to be at this up-and-coming school.

Posted November 02, 2012
In 1952, the principal allowed a TV in the lunchroom so everyone could watch the World Series. The Yankees beat the Dodgers as I remember. The playground was divided with a boy's side and a girl's side. Once I had to go into the girl's side to retreive a ball much to the amusement of all the students. It wasn't so bad because I was in love with Mara and I got to show off to her. Great place to grow up.

Posted November 01, 2012
My child is a kindergartner at Glen Park School, and we have had a great experience so far. His teacher is incredibly dedicated -- I see her at the school late into the evening, volunteering at every school event, faithfully attending PTO meetings, and giving much of her own personal time to support the school. The new principal is dynamite and has already made some great changes at the school. I feel a strong sense of community among the parents, kids, teachers, and staff. Over the past few years they have built an energy and momentum that's really pretty special. We live in the neighborhood and have noticed a definite increase among local families sending their kids to Glen Park. Feels like great things are happening over there.

Glen Park Elementary School
151 Lippard Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94131
Last modified Glen Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.