San Francisco, CA

Posted March 19, 2015
We got into Glen Park three years ago. It's our neighborhood school and we went in with a little trepidation because we'd heard mixed things. Luckily principal Jean Robertson came to the school that fall, and has made so many changes that last year -- when our second child got into Glen Park -- we felt extremely lucky. The teachers are great: caring, dedicated, excellent educators. Jean's energy and vision were just what was needed to kick off a true school-wide revitalization. The neighborhood has taken note -- in the past two years, there's been a marked increase of neighborhood families requesting Glen Park -- and the school also continues to attract a diverse student body from Glen Park and beyond, which (to us, anyway) sets it apart from some of the trophy schools in SF. Please don't let our low test scores deter you. That's old data; with Jean's influence, I am confident the numbers will improve soon.

Posted January 28, 2015
Glen Park School is one of those SF public schools that is making an amazing turn around. Mrs. Robertson, our innovative leader/principal, is beyond capable to make our school one of the most progressive SF public schools. She took her last school, Grattan, from a dump to pretty much the best school in the district. After 3 years of her guidance, we already have pretty much every extra curricular activity, from full arts program (music, instruments, visual, dance) to social emotional programs to our outdoor project-based garden classroom. One thing that might help parents who look at this sight is that the low 2/10 score is based on testing that is more than 2 years old and that actually don't even exist anymore under the new core curriculum. Do not base your idea about our school on that score because it's just not accurate!

Glen Park Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
I would like to give this school a 3.5 but I feel that it is heading strongly towards a 4-star school. The Principal, Ms. Robertson, is starting her second year. She replaced a popular Principal who had been there for 29 years and Ms. Robertson is bringing a new perspective, new energy and giving the school a invigorated charter. The school has a great after care program and is developing a garden project this year. The only negative lies in Parental involvement. Many of the other top schools and even schools on par with Glen Park have PTO organization that raise over $300k a year. Glen Park is well under $100k. The PTO is improving but it will take a lot of highly motivated parents to push this school up to the levels of Alvarado, Clarendon and even Sunnyvale. But we will keep trying!

Posted September 11, 2013
Hoping this school will remain a SF Hidden Jewel, we are VERY happy with the diverse staff, warmth, and down to earth PTO this school community has. Currently there is a FT Counselor, Literacy Specialist, Outdoor Education Coordinator. School leadership is pushing literacy and empathy curriculm so only good things are to come.

Posted September 09, 2013
Glen Park is a great school with a student population that is truly representative of the great diversity that San Francisco offers. Glen Park has great teachers and a very, very competent new principal. My son has attended Glen Park since Kindergarten. He is in 4th grade now and is excelling.

Posted September 05, 2013
My daughter just started Kindergarten this year and we have been very happily surprised by Glen Park. The parent involvement is strong and the new principal is highly promising. I believe that Glen Park is becoming a strong and enjoyable school. The teacher has been facilitating the transition and my daughter, who typically has difficulty with changes and transitions, has been supported in the right way to ease that big adjustment. We are hoping to get involved more and more and to support this school in its efforts.

Posted August 18, 2013
My son will be 1st Grade on August 19,2013. My Son Really Love This School, The Teachers Are Really Nice. The Building Are Nice. My Son Went Summer School There. His Sister Also Went To Glen Park Elementary School Too.

Posted August 05, 2013
We're very happy with Glen Park Elementary -- principal Jean is the best thing that we could have hoped for! The PTO is still relatively new, but it just keeps getting bigger and better.

Posted April 06, 2013
I do have a question, How Green supporting sustainability, is this school? Will you nominate this school as one that is greening the premises? Please give me some feedback. Thanks! Sandra

Posted February 20, 2013
"Hi, my name is ********** and what I like about Glen Park Elementary School is that it feels safe and I do not get bullied. I also like the way my teacher teaches science. He does hands-on experiments which really help me see the way things work. I feel confident on tests. All the teachers are funny and give me the courage to ask and answer hard questions. All of the teachers I have ever had at Glen Park Elementary have taught me a lot. So, I would like to thank them. I really like that the SF Unified School District has a new and improved school lunch program! That makes attendance at Glen Park Elementary even better!" We posted a review 4 long years ago when our oldest started kindergarten at GPS. I asked my oldest what she liked her about her school recently and that's what she wrote. It's been a great experience for my kids. They have learned an amazing amount from teachers who are very good at differentiating the curriculum. They have had great field trips and exciting art enrichment. They are excited about school and learning. Parent involvement has grown by leaps and bounds since we started as well. With our new principal, we couldn't ask for more!

Glen Park Elementary School
151 Lippard Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94131
Last modified Glen Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top