San Francisco, CA

Harte (Bret) Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2011
We are new to Bret Harte but have been pleased with the experience. My child is in the Spanish immersion class, which is new this year. It is an excellent program and my child is absolutely thriving. I recently spent a full day with the class and was very impressed - not just by her teacher but by all of the other teachers that I met. I am a former teacher and I witnessed sound instruction, an emphasis on creativity and critical thinking, and engaged children. In addition to P.E. and art, there is a fabulous Motor Lab and a garden class that was seriously the highlight of my day there. We do not live in the neighborhood but I have felt truly welcomed by the other parents and I am grateful for this. There are so many opportunities at this school for positive cross-cultural partnerships. The SFUSD lottery was such an unnerving process but I feel like we got lucky. We are looking forward to the rest of the school year!

Posted April 14, 2010
Fantastic school! The staff truly has a spirit of collaboration and is centered around student achievement.

Harte (Bret) Elementary School 2

Posted October 14, 2009
I am not impressed with this school. I think that while a few of the teachers are very good to many of them are not. The after school program is not very good. The kids fight and curse to much. If you send your kids to another school after attending Bret Harte they would come in the new school and have to play catch up. I was told that my kids were Honor Roll kids. When I compare what my kids are learning compared to my friends kids, It is kinda of pitful. I really wish that I could give the school a better review because it's right in our neighborhood. I don't think that it's the principal's fault ,because it's hard to get parent involvement and good teachers to come to our neighborhood. It's not a crime to be poor but it certainly can be unfair to education!

Posted October 06, 2009

Harte (Bret) Elementary School 0

Posted June 29, 2009
This school will always be the best school I have been in. I graduated in 2006 and things were great they remodeled and have great teachers! 10/10

Harte (Bret) Elementary School 4

Posted February 01, 2008

Harte (Bret) Elementary School 4

Posted April 15, 2005
- a staff
Bret Harte has a principal who works to incorporate extracurricular activities to boost kid's interest and involvement. Teachers often spend many additional hours seeing arts and music projects through to fruition. Parents and siblings especially, are involved in this process.

Harte (Bret) Elementary School
1035 Gilman Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94124
Last modified Harte (Bret) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harte (Bret) Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top