Posted September 21, 2010
The teachers at this school are extremely motivated and excited about teaching. This is refreshing at the high school level. They geniunely care about student achievement.

International Studies Academy 1

Posted February 06, 2010

Posted October 05, 2009
i am an ISA alumni, graduated last year and i believe this is a great school. It reallly prepares you for college doesnt matter if your going to city college or a UC. the teachers are also great. they are really supportive and always are there for the students.

Posted September 28, 2009

International Studies Academy 3

Posted April 01, 2009
I am a senior at ISA. The school isn't overall horrible. It's more about the relationships people form here that will determine the way they feel about the school or the enviornment. The students are ethnically diverse but they choose to group up by race which definately causes a rift in the way classes bond together. The teachers definately make valid attempts to teach students up to the standards. It is now a 6-12 school which i think is ridiculous because the building is to small and the middle & high school aren't completely separated. I also think that the senior project is a big down fall because having a paper be the determinant in whether a senior can graduate or not puts a damper on the end of the year. But for the most part ISA is a pretty average school. I don't love it but I don't hate it.

Posted August 05, 2008
I am an ISA Alumni and I have to say that I am very happy that I attended this school. Although ISA did not have all of the options of a larger school like multiple classes to choose from and a football team, it was probably the best decision of schools I could have ever asked for. Because of the small size and family atmosphere, students did not need to be afraid of being themselves and having each other help through their struggles. ISA's international focus is reflected in the students their students. The teachers always came to work with 200% to make sure that their students did their best. My list could go on forever about all of the wonderful things this school has done for me and any of my previous classmates would tell you the same.

Posted July 02, 2008
My daughter just finished her Sophomore year at ISA. I initially was looking for a smaller school that taught Japanese. Curriculum changed-we stayed because she was happy! The principal, VP & staff are very supportive. She is now in AP & honors classes and traveling internationally. GOOD CHOICE!

Posted December 07, 2007
I'm a student of the class of 08, I would like to say that when I first came to ISA, I wanted to leave, however the school grew on me. I came to the school due to certain circumstances that did not allow me to be accepted to any other school in San Francisco. Most of the teachers, if not all, give 110 percent. I am sadden sometimes of the lack of respect they receive from students. This however, hasn't taken a toll on their effort. ISA is a place for natural leaders. Although it may not seem like it, ISA is on its way to become one of the elite schools in San Francisco. It's small population creates a family atmosphere. In life you make choices that can lead to regrets. I can honestly say I will never regret attending school.

Posted November 06, 2007
ISA has given my daughter an opportunity to be involved in activities she never would have at a larger school. I am deeply moved by the committment of the teachers at the school. They really care.

International Studies Academy 4

Posted September 14, 2007
My son went to ISA last year as a ninth grader and we moved him to another school at the start of this year.Long story short-he is back at ISA and is happier than ever! The faculty and the academic program seems to have solidified a great deal. Our family has found the staff to be warm and caring-not something I could say for every school. My son now has several honors courses, including advanced Chinese(the interim school wouldn't place him in these-for some reason).Also, the band(which doesn't exist at the other school)is excellent.Also, parent involvement at the high school level cannot be compared to that of elementary school.

International Studies Academy
655 De Haro Street, San Francisco, CA  94107
Last modified International Studies Academy is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
International Studies Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.