Posted January 22, 2014
Being part of this school has been an amazing experience. When you have such a great community and so many parents involved you know you are going to a great school that your student will excel in! The teachers are all amazing and really take the time to learn about the students and teach them according to their learning style.

Posted August 05, 2013
we are moving and are going to miss this school, the teachers and special ed department(you know who you are) are the most caring and helpful we have ever met, the children love the school and that is what it is about cannot say enough

Posted October 28, 2012
FSK is an amazing jewel! My son has had such wonderful warm, dedicated, creative, organized, and inspiring teachers at Key. This year, the PTA has brought a year-long art curriculum called, Art in Action, into the classroom (K-5.) This means that all of our students will be studying 12 different artists each year and will be introduced to new art mediums such as charcoal and watercolors while learning how to create their own ancient cave paintings and works of art based off of Picasso, Van Gough, and the many other great masters. Overall, FSK has a strong sense of community that feels very inclusive.

Posted October 05, 2012
I am a parent of 2nd & 4th graders at FSK. After going on 14 school tours, FSK was my favorite. I was impressed with the principal, teachers and parents back then and continued to be amazed at their dedication to the students. I appreciate the principal, who is takes time to listen to parents' concerns and encourages parents make teacher requests for the next year. The teachers are wonderful! They differentiate their lessons so my boys are challenged and enjoy their classes. Also, they have worked to include technology in the classroom with electronic touch whiteboards and a shared set of classroom laptops. There is a large special needs population, which develops empathy in all students. The school also has very extensive after school offerings - Beacon (free for 2nd-5th), CDC (sliding scale) & CYC (fee-based). A huge plus is the tuition-based Mandarin program that runs 4 days a week onsite. There is also guitar lessons taught by parent & teacher volunteers. One of my main reservations of this school was the early start time, but have found it to be beneficial to start the day early and get out early. Overall, we are extremely happy that we are here.

Posted October 04, 2012
I had a good feeling about Francis Scott Key from my first visit, and it turned out to be right on. The school, from the top down, sets high standards for leadership, education, citizenship, family and friendship. The principal, Mr Wong, is a strong leader, and the kids like and respect him. The teachers are excellent. The school is warm and inclusive. While volunteering at lunch recently I saw an older student stop her friend in the lunch room so she could sing her a song. She had hurt her friend's feelings and the song was her way to apologize. It was a humble act of kindness that tells me Key is teaching our kids well.

Posted October 04, 2012
FSK is such a wonderful school. The teachers are fantastic and are involved in EVERY aspect of your childs learning. Their dedication shows in all they do and they are supported through the leadership of Mr. Wong. It is so nice to see a Principal who participates and is always there to greet you. They have a great PTA who are dedicated to making FSK a community by funding programs and putting on really fun communtiy events. The school also has a great After School Learning Program. FSK truly is the hidden gem of SFUSD!

Posted October 03, 2012
This is a terrific school, with high academic standards, fabulous teachers, and great new facilities. The parents are very involved, and new programs are being developed all the time. There is a terrific on-site afterschool program with Mandarin classes and judo, chess, guitar, etc. There is a great sense of community with most of the students leaving in the neighborhood. The school has an exceptional special ed program as well as many extra activities for gifted kids.Overall, exceptional school.

Posted September 26, 2012
My son is an inclusive student at FSK. FSK was my first choice after visiting more than 20 public schools at SF. As my son gets older (3rd grader this year), he shared more fun activities that he did at school with me. And he LOVE going to school every day. All his teachers not only are very caring, but communicate frequently with me to address my son's certain needs. Most importantly, I heard so many good things from other parents about teachers at FSK. I think this is because our principle, Mr. Wong, sets a high standard for teachers and himself. Mr. Wong is very approachable, and a great communicator as well. In addition to teachers, all staff, paraprofessionals are great, too. No wonder my son can't wait to get back to school after long summer break each year.

Posted September 13, 2012
Our son started Kindergarten at FSK last year and is now attending first grade. Wanted to wait one year before writing a review. We listed FSK as #1 choice in the lottery. Everything we expected from the tour turned out to be true. You and your child feel welcomed, teachers are there because they love to teach, great PTA/Principal relationship, good diversity of students, wonderful Mandarin after school programs. Child comes home happy and eager to tell us about what he learned that day. Oh... the remodeling is pretty much done... new play structure... bathrooms... yard... classroom... etc...

Posted February 24, 2012
Friendly. Inclusive. Academic. Superb test scores. Best after-school program in the city. Principal of the Year. Teacher of the Year. Great activities. Strong PTA and School Site Council. Second to none and getting even better!

Key (Francis Scott) Elementary School
1530 43rd Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94122
Last modified Key (Francis Scott) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Key (Francis Scott) Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top