Lafayette Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2014
The common core curriculum Is really stressing out the teachers and it is age inappropriate. Your child will have penmanship practice on the first day as homework and the standards for acceptable printing are ridiculous. At least kindergarten teacher yells. The bathrooms for all children, even kindergarteners, are down two flights of stairs. This school is very old school, old building, old fashioned. You will not be allowed into the classroom on the first day of K. Parents are nice and not cliquish, and the location by GG park makes amazing opportunities for fundraising. The plays are wonderful. In summary: great parents, teacher attitudes need an overhaul. Child development training is needed.

Lafayette Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
Lafayette has really innovative teachers, wonderful staff, and a very involved community of parents! Go Dolphins!!!

Posted May 26, 2013
Lafayette is an absolutely AMAZING school, with outstanding teachers and an such an amazing parent community. There are so many "extras" to the school...a spring school musical production, Art in Action, Artists in Residence, incredible field trips...the list goes on. I have a graduating 5th grader, but feel so thankful that I will be at Lafayette for many years to come as I have two younger children who are there as well.

Posted April 26, 2013
I currently have a 1st and 4th grader at Lafayette and we couldn't be happier. The teachers and the parent community are what really make this school shine. My kids have never had a teacher we didn't love and the PTA is strong and welcoming, raising thousands of dollars each year to provide wonderful programs for our kids such as Art in Action, PE, Smart Boards, Artists in Residence, and an awe inspiring school musical. We feel so lucky to be part of the Lafayette community.

Posted June 24, 2012
Lafayette is a great place to learn. The teachers are really great and teach in a way so everyone can learn. The school is so diverse and fun. I made so many friends and had awesome experiences in all of the six years I was there. Go dolphins!

Posted September 13, 2011
This is the second year that my child is in the auditiroy/oral pre-k class at Lafayette elementary school and we love it! The teacher is outstanding and does a great job with the kids. I will be keeping my child in this school till the 5th grade. The principal, Mrs. Ruby Brown does a great job with her staff and the PTA is outstanding. I would recommend this school.

Posted January 19, 2011
Great neighborhood school. Most kids are from the outer Richmond, and the families are committed to the school and the neighborhood.

Posted November 20, 2010
I can not be happier with Lafayette!!! My daughter is in kindergarten and LOVES her school, her class, her teacher and fellow students. I love the diversity of the student body, the great involvement of the parents, the school staff, the teachers and wonderful Mrs. Brown. The PTA is super involved and very inclusive of anyone who wants to help in any way, big or small. Everyone is super friendly, and while it is a larger school I feel like we are part of a small loving community. My daughter is thriving and we as a family are making great friends and great memories as well!

Posted October 06, 2010
My 1st grader comes home from school everyday BEAMING and nearly always says, "Mom, I'm ready to do my homework!" as soon as he walks in the door. When I first asked him if he liked his new teacher, he said, "No, I don't like her, I LOVE her!" Lafayette teachers are amazing. They have the right mix of challenge and support and go above and beyond to create a positive learning environment for our kids. A couple weeks ago, two teachers were at my home until 10pm at night helping with the grant writing committee!! The parent community is made up of the hardest working volunteers I have ever seen. They treat their volunteer jobs like actual paid positions. The principal, Ms. Brown, puts her students first and does a great job supporting the teachers and parents. Attending Lafayette makes you feel like you really did win the lottery!

Posted October 05, 2010
This school emphasizes community. There is strong student, parent, teacher/staff, and community participation. Amazing things happen when so many people come together to ensure a quality education for our youth. There is wonderful access to so many resources: art, music, drama, sports, environment, language programs, civic responsibility, as well as the standard education, all under the guidance of a strong, caring principal. I have a 4th grader and a recently graduated middle schooler

Lafayette Elementary School
4545 Anza Street, San Francisco, CA  94121
Last modified Lafayette Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top