Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This is our first year at Lakeshore. We really love the school and specially we are very thanked to our daughter's teacher Ms. Jordan who made her transition wonderfully. All the enrichment programs such as motor, science, gardening, music and art are great. Staff and PTA are very welcoming. Diversity makes the school a great place for my kids to grow, we can not wait to have a first grader and new kindergarden student soon!

My daughter is in first grade. She routinely says that she loves school and can't wait to go in the morning, totally unprovoked. We loved her K teacher last year and are very happy with her current teacher. They have very different personalities but the quality of education has been high with both, and the kids love them. I'm looking forward to seven more years of getting to know more teachers, between my daughter and her little brother. I'm also very impressed with the PTA which is about more than coffee talk and get-togethers. They appear to work hard to sponsor school-wide events and bring enrichment teachers to the campus to provide a well-rounded learning experience. It's one of the reasons we chose Lakeshore when a different public school (also very good) is right up the street from us.

My two kids are thriving at Lakeshore and love their school. We have had dedicated, loving teachers, made great friends and appreciated all forms of diversity at Lakeshore.

We love Lakeshore and our kids love school! With three kids, we have worked with many of the great teachers at Lakeshore and I am continuously amazed by the quality of teaching. There is attention paid to the abilities of each child and with focus on great reading and writing programs, math, arts, social studies and environmental sciences I feel that our kids are getting an amazing foundation. I love the diversity of the population, the green environment and the projects and community events.

I've been teaching at Lakeshore for nearly 20 years, and many of my colleagues have been here almost or just as long. There's quite a lot to love about this school, most recently we are loving our new administrator, Mr. Hartford, who has come in with fresh energetic positivity and the ability to parlay that into new academic initiatives that we teachers are fully behind. Lakeshore has touched the lives of a diverse community of San Franciscans over the years. I am proud to have been part of this community and look forward to continuing. Lakeshore staff believe in educating the whole kid, not just the part that gets tested, and we know that childhood learning is a journey not a race and that each child goes at their own pace. We have high expectations and give every child the tools to continue on their path.

Lakeshore has a beautiful campus, great teachers and enrichment programs and a really wonderful new Principal. This week our kids named school as one of their five favorite things. They come home joyful and full of stories and new things learned in the classrooms, gardens, art studio and community room. Most of all we love the multicultural population and the way the curriculum is designed to bring this perspective into all the subjects taught. This is an urban school for the 21st century where children are exposed to a community both international and local, where they learn ecology in nature and where they will form long lasting friendships.

What a difference a year makes! We have a fantastic new principal who is energetic, enthusiastic, and personable. The vibe this first week back has been amazing. Teachers are refreshed and looking forward to having a leader who will advocate for them. Students have a leader who encourages and motivates them to be at their best for their community. Parents have a leader who they feel has their children's best interest at heart and a passion for education. I am so glad we stuck it out and looking forward to the coming year, and years, ahead for our family!

I believe that in Elementary School, the most important thing is the quality of the teachers, since your child will primarily be spending their teaching time with one person. The reason I am so enthusiastic about LakeShore is the quality of the teachers. They have many teachers in the "sweet spot" - very experienced but not worn out. My son (going into fourth) has had a strong relationship with each teacher, and I have been impressed with how much they accomplish each year. The teachers have been available and open to talking to us about any concerns. Lakeshore is a diverse school with a lot of spirit. The children are happy, and kindergardeners get plenty of recess as well as strong acacemics. "Tours" often don't let you see the quality of what is going on in the classroom, but it is the most important thing.

Lakeshore has a great history of parent involvement. The curriculum has many enhancement programs paid for by the PTA such as poetry, visual arts, movement, choral music, and drama. The teachers are dedicated and hard-working as they focus on what's best for children's growth. The school community is on a positive trend with new administration and parents working together.

I appreciate the school commitment to environmental awareness through various curricula, including the gardening program. The school's commitment to mindfulness in regard to interpersonal relationships is refreshing. Lakeshore is a large and diverse school. It is inspiring to see students, staff and caregivers work through conflict and emerge stronger and committed to the success of the whole.

Last modified Lakeshore Alternative Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.