Posted April 27, 2013
james lick brings back a lot of good memorys.. im an ex student (69) ! ! yes a very long time but it was one of the best experience that I had..and it still brings a smile to my face whenever I think about my time at James Lick,,,

Posted January 05, 2013
I really enjoy attending Lick. I do feel challenged academically and I am glad I picked it. I have found problems with our principal, who changed the dress code this year to make it much stricter and less admitting. Lots of my friends are there with me, so it loosened the tension last year. Overall, it's a pretty good school, even with its history of gangs and bullying and violence.

Lick (James) Middle School 3

Posted September 06, 2011
My daughter just started this year. I have heard good things, but some negative comments about the principal. I am hoping my daughter adapts. Today I already heard something I didn't like with disruptive kids.

Posted April 21, 2010
The only year that worked for us was 6th grade, although I loved almost all my son's teachers. When the past principal left a lot of them left with him as well as the academic performance and spirit. New administration tends to be patronizing and condescending when you make a suggestion or a comment as parent. It most be hard for those great teachers that remained. Parents need to stand their ground and ACT, put pressure and protect their kids from becoming the tail of Lion.

Lick (James) Middle School 2

Posted April 19, 2010
Most students are disruptive, and there are quite a few bad teachers. I don't feel challenged at all at James Lick. The whole school community is suffering because of the budget cuts.

Posted November 01, 2009
My Daughter is in 6th Grade at James Lick this year. She absolutely LOVES her new school. She says this school is the best thing that has ever happened to her! The other kids are great and she has made a lot of new friends. The teachers are great and the after school program offers lots of different activities. The Musical Theater program and the Art classes are also great. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 17, 2009

Lick (James) Middle School 0

Posted July 23, 2009
My daughter attended James Lick for the past three years. Most of her teachers were amazingly dedicated and strong. I am concerned about the future of the school based on my interactions with the new principal and vice principal. I must say that I felt heard about issues but no real action took place to remedy problems and I felt that I was looked upon as atrouble maker. Hopefully, this year will run smoother and parent voices will be heard.

Posted April 09, 2009
My daughter was well prepared for high school honors classes - she enjoyed going to James Lick My son is in 7th grade and is challenged and enjoys school - both my kids are high achieving GATE students and they were well served at James Lick - I feel that the differentiation really worked better than segregated tracks. Strong art program, lots of community building with the student and family community

Posted April 05, 2009
I was a student at this school. I graduated in 2008. This school is a very good school. All of the teacher are hard on us, but was good that they was. I am very happy that i wen't to that school and if you are reading this you should make your child so to this school. This is a true jlms graduated

Lick (James) Middle School
1220 Noe Street, San Francisco, CA  94114
Last modified Lick (James) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lick (James) Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.