Bad
Good

Posted May 07, 2014
I really enjoy this school for my son My son's teacher Ms. Aguaio has been so great! The improvement shows and the growth of learning shows in my son. I don't feel this school is rated appropriately, but every kid has a different learning curve or way of learning. I am glad I made the choice of moving him to this school.

Posted September 23, 2013
My school is Longfellow E.S. and though it was never one of my choices when I signed up my daughter it certainly became my favorite school. All the work Ms Matsuno did at Longfellow still shows. The teachers are caring, my daughter was blessed with great teachers that we both admire and love very much! Great work Logfellow

Posted January 24, 2012
Longfellow is an AMAZING school.They a great physical education program and great teachers.They have installed an amazing computer lab and great math program called ST Math for fourth and fifth graders.They also have CYO camping trip.It helps kids with science and getting close to nature.They have an amazing music program for violin,trumpet,clarinet and flute for fourth and fifth graders.amazing programs and activities to like boys and girls basket ball teams, and after school program.There are about 600 students every year.They have students and teachers that are phillipino,latino,chinese,and african american.they have this really nice library and it is very quiet.

Longfellow Elementary School 1

Posted March 22, 2011
Longfellow was a top school in 2006. Now 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students cannot even solve basic math problems. They also lack basic grammar and language skills. These students appear to lack basic skills. They appear unable to add, subtract, multiply and/or divide problems involving decimals, fractions, and percentages. Teachers are not making sure the students leave with a solid foundation for middle school. If nothing changes, our kids will continue to fall behind.. Students now, leave their 3-4-5th grades functioning at a lower level than when they began! Many teachers are not following core curriculum guidelines for these grades. STARS test scores have dropped. These kids speak English, language is not an excuse. The school must take responsibility for the education of our children. Longfellow has failed to successfully educate our children

Posted June 24, 2010
I was inspired by the staff and teachers at Longfellow Elementary for their dedication. I went there during my elementary school years. The teachings that I learned have stuck with me all my life and have put a clear direction for me in my life. Thank You Longfellow Elementary for all the good times and bad times.

Longfellow Elementary School

Posted May 20, 2010
The teachers and staff are fantastic! Longfellow gives parents and volunteers many opportunities to get involved in the child's education and the community.

Posted March 25, 2010
I love this school. The principal, teachers, and staff are passionate and dedicated to what they do.

Posted July 14, 2009
I love longfellow school because of great teachers like Mrs.Womack who has dedicated her life to the students of the S.F.U.S.D. for about 30 years. Thank you for all that you do for our children your the best love you. Love and respect always Quran Mays Sr. A PROUD DAD FIRST..........

Posted July 10, 2009
We agree with the comments about Ms. Womack - she is just great and really caring about all her students. She brings out the best in every child!

Posted March 20, 2009
Great Diversity and emphasizes the arts - seems there is not enough space for the amount of kids though. extra space for special needs, speech lessons etc.

Longfellow Elementary School
755 Morse Street, San Francisco, CA  94112-4223
Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.