Marshall (Thurgood) High School 4

Posted December 16, 2012
I am the parent of twins here. They have excelled at Thurgood. There is lots of clubs, sports and different activities for them to be involved in here. They have maintained honor roll grades while taking honor classes. The teachers seem to really challenge these young bright minds. I am very happy with our choice of Thurgood!

Marshall (Thurgood) High School 2

Posted April 20, 2011
the student is OK, but the teacher don't know what is schoolloop, after two years been on the internet. i talk to te principle, he said two years ONLY, give him more time, what kind of school with this team

Posted March 13, 2010

Posted November 15, 2009
For us, Thurgood Marshall Academic High School has been the perfect school: great depth and breadth of curricular offerings, reasonable class size, excellent teachers. There are lots of sports, clubs, and other extra-curricular activities. Marshall is also a San Francisco Math Circle site.

Marshall (Thurgood) High School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Thurgood Marshall is working hard to make the school one of the best in San Francisco. AVID and Dream Academy are just a few programs that are inspiring the students to have better than average grades to move on to four year colleges.

Marshall (Thurgood) High School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
Thurgood Marshall may not be the school with the highest test scores but its the home of many, many wonderful students and faculty.

Posted December 11, 2007
I am a senior at thurgoodand i've felt nothing but hope at this school. More and more the students try their best and that all that matters. Sure there are a few bad seeds, but doesn't every wise tree give a few bad seeds? I was considered a bad seed when i first entered thurgood, I had double english classes in my 9th and 10th grade year but in my 11th grade year i was in english honors. I worked hard and got what I deserved! All my years here, I have been involved in the polynesian club, people think you have to be polynesian to join but you don't many of the club members aren't polynesians! Marshall Students Are The Future! Schedule a visit and come on down you won't be sorry!

Posted October 03, 2007

Posted June 30, 2007
I am a proud parent of Junior at Thurgood. Starting with her discovery as a freshwoman three years ago of 'good teachers' and 'good students' I volunteered at the school in the mornings and evenings, joined the PTSA and Site Council. I found dedicated staff, sharp teachers, and a small school setting very supportive of my daughter. We have both worked hard to improve not only her grades, and what she learns, but to make sure we have good courses, our arts and sports programs back. Starting with 9 people on the PTSA, growing it to 40 her sophmore year, and 140, her junior year. Our goal this coming year will be 200. Thurgood is a small school (700 students) with a very diverse population. Opportunities to participate in leadership development, sports, and clubs are very good. My daughter has fun playing volleyball, and serving as her class president. Join Us.

Posted June 27, 2007
Thurgood Marshall is one of the best High Schools in San Francisco! Currently two of my children are enrolled there, one is going to be a senior and the other will be a sophmore. The school staff is incredible. Parents are encourage to be envolved in the school by both volunteering, attending school events, and PTSA and SSC meetings. The teachers are well educated and really know how to relate to the student's needs. My daughter, the senior, started needing both 9th grade english and english support and just last year she was enrolled in 11th grade Honors English! I truely believe she wouldn't have been able to achieve this at any other SF Public School. I look forward to my 3rd child attending there in 3 years. Please schedule a visit and check it out for yourself, I don't think you'll be sorry!

Marshall (Thurgood) High School
45 Conkling Street, San Francisco, CA  94124
Last modified Marshall (Thurgood) High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall (Thurgood) High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.