Posted October 05, 2013
Mission High School is a great well-rounded school. My son has thrived here. MHS really cares about each student's education and well being. Willing students succeed here. Teachers are accessible and they communicate with you on how your child is doing. Kids keep busy because there are so many things to do and get involved. We love Mission HS.

Posted October 03, 2013
We couldn't be happier with Mission High School! Our son is a freshman and is thriving at Mission. The teachers have a thoughtful curriculum and keeps our son interested in classes. The updates through the school loop is outstanding. The sports program is disciplined and creates a strong sense of family with the team. Back to school night was done well as we had mini parent/teacher conferences with all of our son's teachers.

Posted January 08, 2012
My daughter is thriving at this school. The teachers are the best I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of teachers). She is safe, happy, and feels like a part of the community after her first semester. I'm especially impressed by the resources this school has compared to other high schools.

Posted November 23, 2011
Mission high school is one of the best high schools in California am only freshman but i have learned a lot. The school is more like a big family.The classes don't have more than 20 students and it's good.when I first went to mission I was not happy thinking that it was bad but now no one can change my mind. I love mission and am going to Stanford with a 4:0 from mission high,Plus AP classes are amazing there!!

Posted September 09, 2011
We have a 9th grader at Mission and a 11th grader at Lowell, both great schools in different ways. Here are my impression FWIW. Mission class sizes are as low as 18 students, Lowell as high as 40+. Lowell, since it's bigger, offers a greater variety of classes and most are more challenging, Mission partners with City College to fill in the gaps and also grades students on personal achievement rather the curve, which gives them a much better chance to get into college. Both have AP classes, Lowell has more, but Mission encourages more students to take them who normally wouldn't. Much more financial support from the district and beneficiaries for Mission (no one has asked us for any money yet, a first!), but there's a dedicated, successful fund-raising parent and alumni group from Lowell. Surprisingly, advanced choir students at Mission are required to be able to read music, at Lowell they aren't. Mission wins on architecture, weather, transportation, location and student to faculty ratio. Lowell wins on academic reputation and performance. Both campuses are equally safe with dedicated staff, though Mission's makes more of an effort with more to prove.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 06, 2011
i love mission lets go bears go mission is the best decision u could ever make there are the best teachers u can learn really quick the teachers are always pushing u to always do ur best and be positive , peace and love, society ,fashion music and to love ur self and u learn who to develop ur skills and how to protect ursef mission high is not th BAD school as some people out there say

Posted March 20, 2010
i was jsut like the rest of you, i thought mission was this terrible school with bad kids, but it's not! it actually isnt! I live 5 blocks from Wash and i've always wanted to go there. When i got the letter that i got in mission, i cried. My sister told me to try mission out and if i end up not liking it, i can always transfer. So i tried out mission and i end up LOVING IT!! it's an amazing school! 2 weeks later i got a call from Wash saying i got accepted into there school and i had the chance to transfer. I ended up rejecting them. Rejecting wash was the BEST decision i had ever made! Mission is truly getting better! Try it out, and if you dont like it, you can transfer! but i promise you, YOU WILL LOVE IT! :D

Posted March 16, 2010
i think Mission High School is the BEST school I have ever seen and entered in the world. I found myself here, I found my dream here, I love Mission! I love BEAR!

Posted January 12, 2010

Posted October 06, 2009

Mission High School
3750 18th Street, San Francisco, CA  94114
Last modified Mission High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.