Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted October 08, 2015
My daughter and I love this school. The teachers and principal are great. My daughter has been going since kindergarten. I'm taking her out this year because of 1: my daughter is falling behind in math 2: the parking is dangerous and a kid/adult nearly gets hit everyday 3 (and this is big one) the lady that watches the school and puts up the chains to secure the parking lot is out of control rude, power tripper, mean, violent, loud. I've tried everything to get her math score up and asked them what they can do and no real good help besides online things for my daughter to do. What happened to one on one help? The Kuna school I'm considering offers just that. It's called title one program. Wish thethey had it at Monroe. Love the school hate the Math program and that God awful unessary CHAIN LADY (as my daughter calls her) get read of her please....

Posted September 04, 2013
Monroe School is a great school because the Principal is very involved with the parents needs and students. You get after school programs, which are really helpful for parents that work. My daughter is on 1st grade and she is happy with the school and the teachers. Any school is good if the parents get involved in their child education and the principal cares about the parents and student involvement. I only give 4 stars because there is construction going on right now, and it is a little noisy; however the children are safe in the school site. It is great school.

Posted August 06, 2013
My daughter has been enrolled at Monroe for two years and the experience has been mostly positive. The teachers are great and the curriculum perfect for my child. The diversity of the school is probably it greatest attribute but also one of its greatest challenges. The many cultures, languages and backgrounds make for a well rounded learning environment.

Posted August 06, 2013
My child is in the Spanish Immersion program. I am thoroughly impressed by the teachers' committment, focus and care for the kids. I love that my kid is exposed to diversity -- the student body has incredible ethnic, linguistic and socioeconomic diversity. Amazingly, the administration and faculty make it work, and have fostered a nurturing, respectful and unified school culture.

Posted August 06, 2013
Monroe is a wonderfully diverse and unique school located in the Excelsior district of San Francisco. The coveted Spanish immersion program has been a wonderful opportunity for our son, and we look forward to another adventure with our incoming kindergartner. The staff and principal are very approachable and warm.

Posted August 05, 2013
My daughters have been at Monroe for one year. I find the the teaching quality to be excellent. The community and arts programing are really amazing. The curriculum in the bilingual spanish program is really engaging. I love the school. There is massive construction going on at the school, so that will be a challenge. Overall, I've been really pleased.

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter just finished kindergarten in the Spanish Immersion program and had an excellent experience. The teacher she had was top-notch, and it seems like all the other K teachers were great, too. She went in speaking about 10 words of Spanish and now native Spanish speakers comment on how good her Spanish is. She's also reading really well in English, thrilled with science and math, and experienced some great arts programming. We are really pleased and look forward to another great year. This school is a hidden gem, with a wonderful, warm and social justice focused community.

Posted April 11, 2013
I'm so happy that our son got into Spanish Immersion program and this school is so diverse., LOVE it! Teachers and support staffs are Amazing!

Posted March 01, 2012
My son is in third grade and we have had an fantastic experience at Monroe. Amazing teachers who keep the kids engaged, and incredible leadership by the principal, Ms Steiner. I was very surprised to see the below comment. All of the parents I know at the school love the school and are in awe of our amazing and dynamic principal, who works so hard for all of the kids.

Monroe Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2011
The principle and staff members favor students and label others. The principle over reacts and allows her staff and her "favorite" students to mis treat other children..............

Monroe Elementary School
260 Madrid Street, San Francisco, CA  94112-2055
Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.