San Francisco, CA

Posted December 11, 2013
Overall, New Traditions is comprised of a great community with highly involved families, along with an ambitious, goal oriented principal with a proven 8 years record of improving the school scores level to the top of SFUSD schools in the city.

Posted August 17, 2013
We love our neighborhood school. We love the active parent community, high diversity of students, and the creative bright teachers and friendly principal. Our son had a great experience during his kindergarten and 1st grade years at New Traditions. The teachers were fully engaged.and catered to all of the kid's needs in their classroom. We look forward to the years to come at this up and coming school.

New Traditions Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2013
Principal was useless. Just absolutely no idea on how to successfully administer a school that should service and respond to a diverse, culturally-enriched student body.

Posted November 30, 2012
We love this school! It's a warm, caring, compassionate learning environment. My child is thriving here. While this was not our first choice schools, we could not be happier.

Posted February 19, 2012
New Traditions is a wonderful school. My child couldn't be happier going there and is learning so much. The school community staff and parents are warm and welcoming and dedicated to improving the school.

Posted November 16, 2011
We love this little school! I have a 2nd grader and a kindergartener at this school and I have only seen the school improve over the years I have been there. The parent community is warm and inviting. The principal is a rock star (principal of the year!) - she keeps our test scores rising while maintaining the arts enrichment throughout the curriculum. The school is truly diverse by languages, ethnicity and family composition. I love that it is small and that we all know each other - it's like a small town school in the big city. My kids look forward to going to school every day and adore their teachers. We couldn't be happier.

Posted October 28, 2011
I couldn't be happier with this school for our daughter! She started in kindergarten last year and is now a first grader and LOVES going to school every day. The school is small and really inclusive of everyone. She knows children in all grades and there is a real sense of community within the school - students, parents, teachers. There is significant parent involvement and the faculty and principal are really dedicated and involved in the school community. The best part is the arts focus! Every WEEK, my daughter has music, drama and art classes and there is a variety of after-school programs for a fee (Spanish, chess, drama, ceramics, piano). Fantastic school!

Posted April 07, 2010

New Traditions Elementary School 0

Posted May 08, 2009
New Traditions Alternative Arts School has been a great school for our daughter and our family. Our daughter is thriving in her education, social skills and artistic expressions. Our family has found the school to be welcoming and appreciative of parent involvement. The teachers and administrators are dedicated to the school and the community. We love that the school is small but rich in socio-economic and racial diversity-- as well as inclusive of children with learning and physical disabilities. All of the children participate in visual and performing arts. There are exciting changes underway as the school is beginning a 'greening' process and turning part of its blacktop playground into garden areas. The school is located in a quiet neighborhood near Golden Gate Park, just north of the panhandle.

Posted May 07, 2009
NT is a small friendly clean school with a strong arts focus. Everyone in the school knows our kid by name. Our kindergarten teacher is very dedicated. He has a very organized way for parents to volunteer and at least 4 parents volunteer once a week. We ve had many fieldtrips both thru the class and informally afterschool. We really like the art program, you'll notice that the art projects of all the kids are very good. (Which I take to mean they are really teaching) After school my kid is booked up with classes that she loves (Chess, Ceramics, Drama, Piano). Works out well too since I just need to pick her up an hour later. No one group is more than 1/3 of the school, so it has lots of diversity without having a dominate group. Most importantly my kid is excited to go to school every morning.

New Traditions Elementary School
2049 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA  94117
Last modified New Traditions Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Traditions Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top