Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Parks (Rosa) Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
there is talk every day about mutual respect and listening. The children are encouraged to talk about their feelings and try to empathic and be understanding of each other.

Posted November 18, 2015
Rosa Parks is a hidden gem! We feel so lucky to have stumbled in to this diverse and nurturing school. We love our kindergarten teacher and the school principle! The community has been welcoming and offers many ways to get involved, from Gardening to the class room!

Posted October 30, 2014
COME TOUR OUR GREAT SCHOOL! School tours cover both programs at Rosa Parks Elementary: the General Education program (GE) and the Japanese Bilingual Bicultural Program (JBBP). Tours start at 7:50 am in the main school yard on the following dates and can be scheduled by calling the school office at 415-749-3519. 11/6/2014 Thursday School Tour 11/12/2014 Wednesday School Tour 11/20/2014 Thursday School Tour conducted in Japanese 12/3/2014 Wednesday School Tour 1/15/2015 Thursday School Tour 3/25/2015 Wednesday School Tour 4/10/2015 Friday Welcome Breakfast for New Parents

Posted September 28, 2013
Initially skeptical about this school and San Francisco public schools in general, we now could not be more pleased with the education our grandchildren are getting. Most important is the positive attitude about the school that we see every time we come. The kids and teachers all have smiles on their faces both before and after the school day. Credit has to be given to the principal, teaching staff and the PTA for creating and fostering this culture.

Posted August 09, 2013
Our daughter will be entering 5th grade this year with her twin brothers entering 4th grade. Rosa Parks has changed completely since we entered six years ago thanks to our dedicated principal, teachers and sensei. This school not only teaches our children about their Japanese language and culture but they get first-hand experience on how diverse this city is. We also have the best group of families who want to see their children thrive in school!

Posted August 04, 2013
Rosa Parks. See the comment I wrote earlier. And submitted. I am a very happy grandmother, but not sure how this works. I was told I would have to verify my e-mail adress on submit, but I got the whole rate this school back again. I love Rosa Parks school.

Posted October 27, 2012
We enrolled out child for the Japanese language program, but discovered that there is so much more. I don't need to repeat all that others have already said about the stellar teachers, staff and principal. I completely agree. The garden program is fantastic. When we were out grocery shopping, my child wanted to buy celery and cucumbers--and actually bypassed the donuts. It is great that the school does not neglect teaching kids about nutrition. Parent involvement is probably the best in the district. Just stop by the school's popcorn stand during Cherry Blossom Festival and you will see.

Posted October 26, 2012
This is our 4th year at Rosa Parks and both our kids are totally thriving. I can't say enough about the teaching staff, Principal, and parent community -- all work together so well to support the vibrant and diverse environment in which our kids learn. My kids love going to school. They are reading voraciously, love math, and love speaking and writing Japanese (both of us parents were inspired to take Japanese language instruction by our kids' enthusiasm). They come home talking about what they learned in P.E., in dance, in the garden & nutrition program (we grow vegetables and have chickens!), and at Computer Lab. And they have great friends, whose parents have become our friends. Great people, great urban experience, great school.

Posted October 26, 2012
My daughter reported, "I love my teacher." after her first day of school. And there really hasn't been any let-down since then. I have dealt mostly with the K and 1st grade teachers; all are good with the kids and effective teaching them. Other parents assure me the teachers are just as good in the upper grades. The principal has been a strong proponent of Restorative Practices for handling conflict, and we have seen the benefits of improved discipline as a result. He also oversaw a well executed merger of the Japanese program and the General Education program into a single Rosa Parks program. In many respects it's the parent involvement that guarantees the accelerating success at the school. We noticed it when we toured the school before attending. We continue to see it with parents in the classroom, chaperoning field trips, and interacting with each other in active Facebook groups. We couldn't be more pleased.

Posted September 27, 2012
I have a 1st grader in the JBBP program. This is her second year attending this school. As a parent we have had a great experience with the school. The teachers are dedicated and caring. The principal does a great job administering the school and integrating the staff, parents and students. A lot of the parents are involved and dedicate time and resources into the school. I am very appreciative of all of the work that the PTA volunteers do for the school. The best thing of all is that the children are happy, that definitely says a lot of the school. As parents we feel very fortunate to have found this hidden gem of a school and to be part of the school community.

Parks (Rosa) Elementary School
1501 O'farrell Street, San Francisco, CA  94115-3762
Last modified Parks (Rosa) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parks (Rosa) Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 197 reviews. Top