Presidio Middle School 2

Posted August 14, 2014
This so school shouldn't have this high of a rating. My child is getting bullied and comes home with bruises all over. He tells me that he tries to tell an adult but they brush him off like dust

Posted April 23, 2014
The is is overrated school. don't send your kids to this school. The teachers (some) aren't helpful, they don't teach at all. People at the office are also helpless...they should retired.

Posted May 29, 2013
I think Presidio Middle School is one of the most overrated middle schools in the city. The administrators, staff and teachers do not about the well being of your child. They mostly care about their STAR testing scores and maintaining their status. There is a big lack of concern for the behavior of students and teachers and counselors either look the other way and ignore it, pretend as if it isn't happening, or they just don't care. Some teachers and staff are so old that they are only at the school to collect a paycheck. I'm thinking "If you don't want to be here, I'm sure there are a bunch of unemployed YOUNG, VIBRANT, and YOUTHFUL teachers willing to take up the spot and make a difference in a young kids' life." However, there are those few (and, I mean few) teachers that actually make kids accountable for their actions (i.e. homework assignments, actions toward other students, etc.) but unfortunately, they go unnoticed. The administrators are super unorganized, unethical, and uncaring - They let the troublesome kids get away with murder and punish good kids who they know won't defend themselves. The school has been a huge disappointment and I'm glad my child is leaving.

Presidio Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
I have two kids in Presidio. The school is large and the classrooms have 35 students on average. Parents must rely on school loop to keep in touch with teachers who are too busy to contact parents if there is a problem. That said, my kids love the school. They are both in AP classes and thriving. There is a culture here where it is cool for boys to study. My kids friends are diverse, studious, with a good school/play balance. I decided on this school for its academics;and, when I walked around the playground the students were not clumped up in separate racial groups, but playing together. The band program is amazing. The administrative staff I have dealt with have been helpful. I wish the classes were smaller.

Posted November 04, 2011
Not pleased with the school: expected much more from it: teachers communication with kids and parents doens't exist. Noone cares about your child at this school: just asking for money every Wednesday. Will be looking to change the school next year. Very dissapointed.

Posted October 29, 2011
I was nervous about sending my daughter to such a big school, but we're been pleasantly surprised. Mostly excellent teachers, challenging work, a reasonable level of homework, good drama, PE, sports, chorus, jazz band, orchestra, and outdoor education options like trips to Yosemite. It probably helps if your child comes in knowing some classmates and can learn well in a fairly traditional classroom setting.

Posted October 12, 2010
I think that Presidio Middle school is a excellent school,our Principal is a smart and energetic woman, she is always doing her tireless work with all the teachers and all the personal at school. Teacher are excellent, kind and care about the students education.The programs are very good specially Math programs, Art and music, Computer, P.E ,their sport team are great, the Outdoor Education trip are excellent for the kids there, that complement the education that Presidio gives to them. The parents work all together to help our school and support them through PTA and Fundraiser activities. I think Presidio has all in one, its just a great, well coordinate public school.

Posted September 12, 2010
The parent who gave Presidio one star, I wonder about his/her child. Howevr, one can't completely blame a system. Could it be his child has challenges and need special attention? Only this parent and field expert would be able to answer, but for my child she is excelling at Presidio in her AP classes. She has several amazing teachers who work tirelessly; I'm really impressed especially when there is so much cut-backs in the public schools. So, for the parent with the kid that has been 'damaged' by his/hers experience at Presidio Middle, I'm very sorry to hear and hope you find the perfect environment for your kid.

Posted August 29, 2010
My son stated to attend this great school. My experience is the best so far, teacher are nice and care about the students and recognize their work, the staff is nice . Their elective are many, they have a strong math program that my son likes. I think is just a great school.

Posted May 23, 2010
This is not a perfect school and the teachers are not that great. It is a very "public education" school and they let you know they can do so much...in so many ways. Yes there are a couple of good teachers that care, but mostly in the 35 plus student classroom who is really benefitting? I think these reviews are not accurate. My child was getting A's and B+ until they attended this school. The cracks are so big and apparent that any child that is looking to make new friends at a new school are almost given the thumbs up to fall straight down them. There is no social schooling as far as how to behave or handle responsibility ie.extreme homework, communication...! Now we have to deal with therapy, counsellling, tutoring and a new school. What a waste of a childs time.

Presidio Middle School
450 30th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94121
Last modified Presidio Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Presidio Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 108 reviews.