Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son was attending this school and was bullied by more mature students. Yet, personnel was blaming mostly my son for "being a target", or ignored the bullying at best. Can't tell much about other subjects, but math education is extremely poor (as it is in the majority of public and private schools in the US). Students are not taught to think, only memorize some techniques without proper understanding.

Presidio is highly overrated. HIGHLY. They changed principals right before school started this year with absolutely no warning. I'm sure that was deliberate, but it speaks to the transparency of their communication with parents. They did away with GATE, which I don't necessarily mind even though my kid qualified for it. However, for "differentiation" they have a two teacher system for each classroom. So, two teachers in the same class for LangArts/SocSciences and for Math/Science. In some classes, it works well. Both teachers teach, communicate with students and parents, etc. In others, it's horrible. One teacher does all the work. The other hardly ever speaks to the class, never communicates, certainly doesn't help with any so called differentiation methods. School Loop is what they use to track homework and grades and to communicate with the parents. Unfortunately, only some of the teachers bother keeping up with this. You can also forget about getting a timely response to an email (if you have it answered at all). Even though there is a scheduled hour for science, my kid's class ends up doing double math the majority of the time. This means their science grades are based on very few assignments in addition to the rather horrible fact that they are not learning much science! It's very easy to get lost in the shuffle here. Admin doesn't care. Only some of the teachers do. The teachers who do care are very good. I've seen it especially in the LangArts teachers. We're not in band, but I've heard they've had problems this year, and yes, NO communication. The quality of education is fine for the most part, barring the lack of science, but it's not the most amazing middle school in SF like they like to claim.

I toured this school with my child expecting a "great school" with a score of 9 but we were extremely disappointed. Saw one child ditch. Saw teachers yelling at another child in the hall during class to shut up. Administration took pains to be rude. Busy Geary street and small concrete play ground for such a big school. Don't be fooled. They look old school and act it.

This so school shouldn't have this high of a rating. My child is getting bullied and comes home with bruises all over. He tells me that he tries to tell an adult but they brush him off like dust

The is is overrated school. don't send your kids to this school. The teachers (some) aren't helpful, they don't teach at all. People at the office are also helpless...they should retired.

I think Presidio Middle School is one of the most overrated middle schools in the city. The administrators, staff and teachers do not about the well being of your child. They mostly care about their STAR testing scores and maintaining their status. There is a big lack of concern for the behavior of students and teachers and counselors either look the other way and ignore it, pretend as if it isn't happening, or they just don't care. Some teachers and staff are so old that they are only at the school to collect a paycheck. I'm thinking "If you don't want to be here, I'm sure there are a bunch of unemployed YOUNG, VIBRANT, and YOUTHFUL teachers willing to take up the spot and make a difference in a young kids' life." However, there are those few (and, I mean few) teachers that actually make kids accountable for their actions (i.e. homework assignments, actions toward other students, etc.) but unfortunately, they go unnoticed. The administrators are super unorganized, unethical, and uncaring - They let the troublesome kids get away with murder and punish good kids who they know won't defend themselves. The school has been a huge disappointment and I'm glad my child is leaving.

I have two kids in Presidio. The school is large and the classrooms have 35 students on average. Parents must rely on school loop to keep in touch with teachers who are too busy to contact parents if there is a problem. That said, my kids love the school. They are both in AP classes and thriving. There is a culture here where it is cool for boys to study. My kids friends are diverse, studious, with a good school/play balance. I decided on this school for its academics;and, when I walked around the playground the students were not clumped up in separate racial groups, but playing together. The band program is amazing. The administrative staff I have dealt with have been helpful. I wish the classes were smaller.

Not pleased with the school: expected much more from it: teachers communication with kids and parents doens't exist. Noone cares about your child at this school: just asking for money every Wednesday. Will be looking to change the school next year. Very dissapointed.

I was nervous about sending my daughter to such a big school, but we're been pleasantly surprised. Mostly excellent teachers, challenging work, a reasonable level of homework, good drama, PE, sports, chorus, jazz band, orchestra, and outdoor education options like trips to Yosemite. It probably helps if your child comes in knowing some classmates and can learn well in a fairly traditional classroom setting.

I think that Presidio Middle school is a excellent school,our Principal is a smart and energetic woman, she is always doing her tireless work with all the teachers and all the personal at school. Teacher are excellent, kind and care about the students education.The programs are very good specially Math programs, Art and music, Computer, P.E ,their sport team are great, the Outdoor Education trip are excellent for the kids there, that complement the education that Presidio gives to them. The parents work all together to help our school and support them through PTA and Fundraiser activities. I think Presidio has all in one, its just a great, well coordinate public school.

Last modified Presidio Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.