Bad
Good

Went to this school with my sister as a child, the school is still great with awesome teachers and principal that helps my child a lot.

The following is a list of good things about Redding Elementary School compiled by the parents' English as a Second Language (ESL) class : *note all the classes and services below are free and provided by the non-profit "CYC" or the school's PTA. -English classes for parents Monday and Wednesday mornings in room 5 from 8:30-11am -English reading classes on Tuesday afternoons that teaches parents how to read stories to their children -Zumba and yoga classes for relaxation -Morning and afternoon childcare every day -Food donations available for parents to pick up every Wednesday in room 1 -helpful teachers who give a good education -translation at PTA meetings and conferences (Arabic, Chinese, and Spanish) -a book fair twice a year with a large selection of fairly priced books. -a nice principal

My child started Kindergarten last year and I am amazed at the education he has received at Redding. The teachers (and Principal) are top notch and very involved. They are always willing to discuss my child's education and social development. The teachers always respond to my questions and concerns and I feel they truly care about his education. Walking through the halls and seeing the children's artwork and poetry is truly a wonderful experience. The morning and after school program through ACE are also amazing. I see an incredible dedication from the staff, faculty, and volunteers.

My son attends KG here. great facility (though it is in the throes of renovation), superb teacher, adequate classroom resources which include the full complement of educational tools. Great principal, wonderful school secretary

This school is a hidden gem. Inside its plain red brick exterior is an experienced, stable, and dedicated staff working under the guidance of a skilled trilingual principal, in what is truly, as their motto says, "a community of joyful, lifelong learners". My favorite thing about the school is its diversity. Children from families of all ethnic backgrounds and many countries attend Redding, working and playing peacefully together, appreciating their differences, if they notice them at all. Redding graduates have gone on to succeed in San Francisco's and California's best schools and universities. The school is a safe, happy, stimulating place for children to grow both intellectually and socially.

BEST SCHOOL IN SAN FRANCISCO,VERY MULTI CULTURAL,PRINCIPAL IS VERY DEDICATED,STAFF IS VERY COOPERATIVE.NICE LOCATION.GREAT AFTER HOUR PROGRAMS

If you send your child to Redding, you will find high academic standards, dedicated teachers, nice parents and possibly the best after school program in the district. However, if your child gets bullied, expect assurances from administration, no lasting results and even partial blame against the victim. The favorite excuse is parental involvement, but the legal responsibility is on the school. Recess is chaotic at best with only enough playground equipment to fight over. Basically, it s a crapshoot. If it goes well, you ll be thrilled. But if it s not, you might find yourself very much on your own.

Redding School was just as I remembered it when I attended years ago. A dedicated group of staff committed to educating and inspiring children. The teachers are always willing to go an extra mile to help students achieve higher goals. And the principal Ms. Lo is always happy to discuss questions and or concerns with parents. Elementary schools begin the foundation of learning, and Redding does an excellent job of preparing its students. It is located in a very nice neighborhood and they have a large upper yard for P.E. activities. I was so happy when my son was accepted. Everyday I watch him eagerly get up for school and come back chatting about what he learned that day! It was a great decision to bring him here, and we can't wait for his siblings to follow as well!

Redding Elementary is a fantastic school! My daughters both attend the school and are challenged by the academics and the enrichment that the school offers them. The teachers and staff are warm and supportive towards our family. I feel so fortunate to have our children in our neighborhood school so we can volunteer often and be a part of the school community. Redding Elementary is the hidden gem in San Francisco that we were so lucky to find.

Redding is a great school and my child loves it there. She has a great relationship with her kindergarten teacher. Her teacher is always greeting me with a warm smile. The principal is wonderful and they have teachers who care. The school is diverse and has exposed my child to new cultures and that is one of the many things I was hoping to get out of this school. The class sizes are small and my child has made many friends. I am a very active parent and volunteer often. My child loves it here and that makes me happy.

Last modified Redding Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.