Revere (Paul) Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2014
During my son's 3 years at Paul Revere (kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade), I have filed 3 formal complaints with the school board against the principal and vice principal. The lack of supervision and teacher training along with the callous attitude I received on behalf of the vice principal during an incident involving a substitute teacher locking the door and refusing to allow my son and 3 other 2nd grade students to come into the classroom. after having permission to use the bathroom, is disgraceful and unprofessional to say the least! I had to do my own investigation in order to find out the truth on what really happened. Not only was the information told to me by the vice principal completely distorted but she lied about critical relevant facts. Thank god for the after school program teachers that intervened and took action. My son and the 3 other classmates were left in the hallway-unattended- for over 30 minutes. Yet there are 6 "working" security cameras but nobody is watching. How is this school safety? My son will no longer be subjected to the low standards of Paul Revere.

Posted May 23, 2014
We were commuting across town to a school in Pac Heights that I loved, but traffic and travel time started to really take a toll on our family. After constantly seeing smiling faces from grown ups and children during my daily dog walks past the school, we finally decided to give the school a chance. We enrolled in the Spanish language immersion program during the 3rd round. We were all scared, and my son was resentful that we were "forcing" him to learn Spanish. Now, at the end of our first year, I can say with complete positivity that it was the best decision we've made thus far for him. He struggled with Spanish in the beginning (starting in 1st grade instead of K), but is now singing songs in Spanish while playing at home! Parent input is welcomed, and the PTA is strong with other organizations for parents to join. Building improvements will start in 2015 with a focus on student safety, roomier facilities, and modernization. From the energetic principal on down, the staff are focused and caring. I hope the district and local businesses take notice, because this school's potential is bursting at the seams!

Posted September 14, 2013
My daughter goes to Pre-K at Paul Revere. 1st thing that I love is the security that the school has in place to secure the safety of all students every day. 2. Ms. Cinthia or Maestra Cinthia is an outstanding teacher and it has been a blessing having my daughter in her class. 3. She communicates with parents very well in English, Spanish and Mandarin. She teaches the children some words in each language if the parents are ok with it. I know I said YES. If Ms. Cinthia is the foundation at Pre-K I hope the rest of the school will be just as good with the new principal and vice principal leading the way.

Posted April 22, 2013
My child was a 1st grade transfer into the immersion program at Revere. Although it was a rough start because he is not a native speaker, the kinder - 4th grades are very strong for children like mine. Over the 1st grade year he struggled, but they pulled him out daily for a one on one via a literacy intervention program. Spanish clicked and now he thrives. The immersion in 1st was a very positive experience and with teachers at each level working closely together. Each class level is a intimate, small family of children with 2 Immersion and 1 GE. One of the greatest achievements this year is the Revere's Math scores - Revere ES is far above SFUSD average for math proficiency - and kids enjoy math here! An unprecedented 70 point API increase in one year was VERY encouraging and I would be satisfied with any point increase next year . Revere definitely tests and benchmarks, so data is very important to the administration as it was to our family. Latino Parent involvement is increasing significantly adding to the cadre of volunteers in the PTA. The after school program has a well loved, hard working energetic crew. Definitely an excellent Immersion program and above average GE!

Posted November 29, 2012
Seems like fourth year is a charm. Our daughter is in 3rd grade and this year has been amazing so far. Thriving happy children. Focus in the classrooms, energetic teachers, vastly improved scores, academically accelerated students, differentiated learning, field trips to Mission Science, Randall Museum, San Francisco Symphony. Really an incredible turnaround. We are THRILLED we stuck it out with Revere and further thrilled to have out second daughter begin K at Revere in Fall 2013. Hats off to the administration, it's been a winding, uphill road but the hard work and willingness to engage with the community in earlier, well publicized, tough times has paid off. The difference in atmosphere in the school between last year and this year is like night and day. On the last day of school in June we were 99% sure we would not be back. Can't say enough about how happy we are with our last minute decision to stay! Our daughter is so genuinely proud of her school now, it's truly heartwarming. Go Revere!

Posted August 25, 2012
This is our fourth year at PR. We couldn't be happier with the direction the school is taking. We are more than excited about this school year and we hope to have more families coming in to join our community. Hard working staff, strong leadership, amazing families and awesome kids!

Revere (Paul) Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2012
The school security and lack of communication between the school staff administration is a reflection of poor leadership by the Principal. A "Dream" school, which is a "Nightmare" in test scores. The chaotic process at the beginning of the school year has not improved much. SF Unified School District does not give parents any way out of a school once it is assigned....which is unethical.

Revere (Paul) Elementary School 4

Posted December 30, 2011
I am a former student of Paul Revere,& one of the PR First 8th Grade Class graduates.I attended the school from K-8th Grade.The school has not been academically strong for many many years, but is progressively improving.The Bernal Heights community is great.Very safe (no gangs,violence,drugs).The school went through a lot of rough times during the past 10 years due to the extreme change in staff.Albeit,I believe the school today is getting on its feet.I have a younger sister who is at her last middle school year there,& academically, from the schoolwork/homework I've seen of hers,the school has gotten a lot more challenging (which is really good).What is good about this school,in comparison to other mid schools,is the community.Inside school (the school itself) & around the school,the community is very close:not a huge school where students may sometimes not be noticed by teachers.I have had the opportunity to meet many of the current teacher/staff at Paul Revere,& I believe in their desire to bring the school up.I encourage all parents to look into PR,especially Bernal Heights families.With the help of parents,together,PR will continue rising & enriching students with a great edu.

Revere (Paul) Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2010
I'am a parent that has a child attneding paul revere middle school this is his first year being in paul revere he says it is a very nice school. He also says that the teachers are very helpful not only that but they teach students in a very nice and intelligiant way.To me it seems that the teacher really care about there students. But there are a few rude students.I also think the teacher should be a bit more strict on rude students.My son says that during class students consistenly talk during class which wastes everyone time.But i think the teacher should be more strict.

Posted November 10, 2009
This school is great, friendly staff and students.

Revere (Paul) Elementary School
555 Tompkins Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94110
Last modified Revere (Paul) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Revere (Paul) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top