Posted May 13, 2014
Rooftop is such an amazing school. Our son is now entering 1st grade and we feel so lucky and grateful to be a part of this wonderful community.

Rooftop Elementary School 4

Posted April 14, 2014
It is a diverse school and I wouldn't have it any other way. This is the only school which is rated as one of the top schools in SF with this type of diversity. Rooftop students are rich in experience. This school has incredible parent involvement, art, garden, sensory motor, etc.

Posted December 20, 2013
Graduated from this school and had some of the best years of my life here. The school is small enough that kids form deep friendships that last beyond graduation. Teachers were nice and willing to help out. Lacks class options for the middle school section but provides a lot of support. The community is very involved and overall a good experience.

Posted September 24, 2013
I love, Love, LOVE this school!!! My Grandaughter Kindergarten teacher is the BEST on this side of the West! My grandaughter is learning to become responsible and productive! ( I am so proud of her) I am so very pleased with the environment, The Principal and the staff here are Sssoooo awesome!!!

Posted August 23, 2013
It has only been one week and I already love Rooftop! My daughter is a Kindergartener and has adjusted quickly while having fun and meeting new friends. She talks about her day and has developed a sense of routine in a short amount of time. The parents I have met are very welcoming and always have something fun to discuss! The principal has been to EVERY event I have attended including First Friday Coffees, Play Dates, and was VERY active the first day of school carefully tending to our little ones! I feel very fortunate to have a new family...THE ROOFTOP FAMILY!!!!

Posted May 08, 2013
This school is an amazing school! Kids here get exposed to the opera, the symphony, jazz, dance, art.. there's even a garden for science. The teachers can be hit and miss like any other school, but there are so many programs that support the curriculum that each child gets a lot! The new principal is great and the the school has a welcoming attitude and teaches the kids to accept differences. We love it.

Posted November 02, 2012
Great school with strong parent community. The teachers really care about tthe kids. The new principal is great, and makes it a priority to know all the kids by name.

Posted January 25, 2012
We feel very lucky to be a part of this unique school and fabulous community. This school is about the big picture, not just test scores. Children here come away with a well rounded education and are part of a richly diverse student body that represents the city beautifully.

Rooftop Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2010
While the elementary school is good, the middle school is just awful. By the time the kids get there, they're in tight cliques--not the school's fault, but the school's response to this is just awful. They try, but it's all lip service. Except for one or two good teachers, the middle school is very mediocre. There are no honors classes so some kids are either very bored or over stretched. It's easy for mediocre students to do well here if the teachers like them. If I had to do it again I'd definitely take my son out after elementary school.

Rooftop Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Rooftop is a spirit! I loved going here K-8, I made lifetime friends.

Rooftop Elementary School
443 Burnett Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94131
Last modified Rooftop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rooftop Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top