Bad
Good

Rooftop is an amazing community of students, teachers, parents and administrators. Our daughter is wrapping up 1st grade and we could not be happier with the school. She loves learning (and is already reading at a 3rd grade level), has wonderful friends, and the the on-site after-school program (CASA) is a true San Francisco gem. Parent community is engaged, involved, and successfully raises money for programs such as garden, art, playworks, sensory motor, and other integral parts of our children's rich experience. This school has been an amazing fit for our family.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Huge focus on social-emotional development. On-site wellness center and very attentive teachers and staff. CASA has a "kindness is cool" program that it runs every fall as well.

Rooftop is such an amazing school. Our son is now entering 1st grade and we feel so lucky and grateful to be a part of this wonderful community.

It is a diverse school and I wouldn't have it any other way. This is the only school which is rated as one of the top schools in SF with this type of diversity. Rooftop students are rich in experience. This school has incredible parent involvement, art, garden, sensory motor, etc.

Graduated from this school and had some of the best years of my life here. The school is small enough that kids form deep friendships that last beyond graduation. Teachers were nice and willing to help out. Lacks class options for the middle school section but provides a lot of support. The community is very involved and overall a good experience.

I love, Love, LOVE this school!!! My Grandaughter Kindergarten teacher is the BEST on this side of the West! My grandaughter is learning to become responsible and productive! ( I am so proud of her) I am so very pleased with the environment, The Principal and the staff here are Sssoooo awesome!!!

It has only been one week and I already love Rooftop! My daughter is a Kindergartener and has adjusted quickly while having fun and meeting new friends. She talks about her day and has developed a sense of routine in a short amount of time. The parents I have met are very welcoming and always have something fun to discuss! The principal has been to EVERY event I have attended including First Friday Coffees, Play Dates, and was VERY active the first day of school carefully tending to our little ones! I feel very fortunate to have a new family...THE ROOFTOP FAMILY!!!!

This school is an amazing school! Kids here get exposed to the opera, the symphony, jazz, dance, art.. there's even a garden for science. The teachers can be hit and miss like any other school, but there are so many programs that support the curriculum that each child gets a lot! The new principal is great and the the school has a welcoming attitude and teaches the kids to accept differences. We love it.

Great school with strong parent community. The teachers really care about tthe kids. The new principal is great, and makes it a priority to know all the kids by name.

We feel very lucky to be a part of this unique school and fabulous community. This school is about the big picture, not just test scores. Children here come away with a well rounded education and are part of a richly diverse student body that represents the city beautifully.

Last modified Rooftop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.