Posted April 28, 2014
My son has been at this school for two years and both his Kindergarden and 1st grade teachers (Mrs. Wentworth and Mrs. Siddle) are great. He did so many special projects in Mrs. Siddle class. His reading is improving. He is happy and loves his teachers. Principal John is fantastic. He knows the children by names and can be seen joining my son's class during their lunch period. My son attends the YMCA after school program and enrichment classes. I am glad he got into this school.

Posted April 23, 2014
Sloat is amazing in so many ways! The Teachers, the Principal, the community, the kids!! Our garden and school yard is so special and I just value our time at this school. My kids love love love their school and thats really what its all about.

Posted April 23, 2014
My daughter has been welcomed into the Commodore community with open arms. She was accepted late August 2013 after school had already started. Immediately the Principal came over and introduced himself and made me and my child feel like we had found a great school. The campus is open and beautiful, the area is safe, the parents are caring and raise a substantial amount of money yearly for additional teachers and activities. The after school program is good too. Engineering, Lego Building and Swimming are some of the classes that your child can sign up for. I am a huge fan of Commodore Sloat!

Posted April 21, 2014
I have been teaching at Sloat for more than 15 years now and can still say what I said the year I started here... "this school is fantastic, inclusive, and wonderfully diverse. I'm lucky to be a part of it's community" I decided to bring my daughter here to join the Sloat Family when she was in kindergarten. She is about to graduate and move on to Middle School. The experiences she's had here, and the friends she's made will stay with her and help her grow. I'm very proud to be a part of this team. I have watched hundreds of kids blossom while here; kids with special needs as well as kids without... thanks to the dedication of both the "SpedEd" and "RegEd" teachers.

Posted April 17, 2014
My son attended kindergarten at Commodore Sloat. It was a very nurturing environment. His teacher, Ms. Loia, was amazing. She cared so much about all the kids and was a fantastic teacher. I am so happy he had his first big kid school experience with her and the wonderful staff at CS. The extra circular/ enrichment activities were wonderful as well - the art, gardening and music were a great way to introduce the kids to a diverse education. Keep up the great work CS!

Posted February 17, 2014
As I read the reviews, I am struck by the person that writes about our Special Ed Team. I have been a classroom teacher at Sloat for 3 years, prior to that I was the Garden Coordinator, and before that an involved parent. For the past two years I have worked closely with out SPED team, consulting with the two lead inclusion specialists as well as the paraprofessional staff on a daily basis. We have never had a stronger SPED team or a more supportive administrator. I attend many evening professional development workshops, and in talking to fellow educators across the district, our collaboration and whole child approach is remarkable and admired. No school is perfect, but from all the perspectives I have had, and the other schools I have had the opportunity to work at, I am happy to say our pledge every week ."I am proud to be a teacher at Commodore Sloat School, I listen with my ears, my eyes, and my heart, I treat others the way I want to be treated, I am strong and I am caring, I am proud to be a teacher of Commodore Sloat School."

Sloat (Commodore) Elementary School 3

Posted February 16, 2014
This school has many wonderful programs, teachers, PCO , and students. As you can read below, there is a lot of tension regarding the special ed department and the tension seems to stress out many facets of the school. A lot parents have complained about this. It seems like the principal refuses to hold the special ed department accountable for getting help to various needy areas.I have dealt with all the teachers in all the grades. Every teacher of the classes is outstanding.The fundraising is outstanding. The after school program and enrichments are outstanding. The arts programs are outstanding. Our kids are happy, so we are mostly happy. I just think the school would be more peaceful with a different special ed outlook.

Posted January 17, 2014
Its a good neighborhood school. We are very pleased with the school. Most parents are very involved. And the PCO is strong. Fund raising is strong here, but if it weren't the school wouldn't have the resources it does. The only pressure I feel to give to the school comes from my own sense of obligation. My children are getting a great education, and that takes donations from the parent body. I get it. Test scores are up this year. I do agree, however, with the previous post that there is not enough resources for children who have learning or behavioral issues.

Sloat (Commodore) Elementary School 2

Posted January 15, 2014
This school does not do a good job supporting children with learning or attention issues. The new principal seems well intentioned and hopefully will make the school more inclusive. The posts below seem like an accurate depiction of what life at this school is like for typical kids and their parents. Unfortunately, if your kid has behavior or learning issues you will have a much different experience at this school.

Posted October 28, 2013
Happy with our neighborhood school. Involved parent community - new principal this year. So far, things are going well.

Sloat (Commodore) Elementary School
50 Darien Way, San Francisco, CA  94127
Last modified Sloat (Commodore) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sloat (Commodore) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top