Posted November 08, 2011
I feel privileged to serve the students and families at Spring Valley. I have worked at many school, but very few schools have the cultural diversity that this school offers. The teaching staff is highly qualified and extremely dedicated. Teaching is not a job to them, it's a calling. In response to a parent's concern regarding open gates. I believe the gate in question is the one leading to the parking area which does remain open during school hours. However, our campus is extremely safe since we are located in a residential area. Please contact our school office at 749-3535 for school tours every Thursday at 9:30 a.m.

Posted May 15, 2011
SPRING VALLEY SCIENCE SCHOOL in San Francisco is by far the most outstanding public elementary school. As for the parents concern about open gates, they do get closed at times and we have never lost a child. There is also a security system with cameras throughout the school - inside & out. I only wish that the school went to 8th Grade instead of 5th.

Spring Valley Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2011
I went to check the school out yesterday and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The classrooms are bright with huge windows and the building is very clean inside and out, I was very happy with what I saw. My only concern was that I saw some gates were wide open and anyone can easily come in. I am a very cautious person and being that my son is in Kindergarten, I don't know if this should be a concern or not. Other than that, I am in love with the school.

Posted June 14, 2010
It is a great school which helps a lot of poor child to have bright future!!! Dont think about it just go to Spring Valley to experince it!!

Spring Valley Elementary School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
My 2 kids going to Spring Valley for kindergarten and 3rd grade for billingual classes. This is an excellent school in San Francisco especially Mrs. Ko who is kindergarten billingual teacher, her stragey and plan are so strong that the kids is doing very well for their future life. Her fundamental building for kindergarten is so strong that I am so happy with it. If you want your kids to have great future, you should send them here Spring Valley.

Posted October 28, 2009
My daughter is in second grade in the Spanish Bilingual program. I have been so happy with how she has developed in this school! The teachers are extremely committed, and the kids all get along well. I have noticed that someone fails kindergarten every year which I think is a testament to the teachers not letting kids slip through the system. Also, the kids don't seem to outcast one another nor do they appear negative/dislike school. Also, the amount of HW seems reasonable, and if anything it builds great study habits. I would strongly recommend this school!

Spring Valley Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
Great, dedicated, highly-educated staff & principal with a selection of lovely children.

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted May 31, 2009

Posted April 23, 2009
Just wonderful! Great Principal, wonderful teachers, bright kids! We enjoyed Spring Valley so much!

Spring Valley Elementary School
1451 Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA  94109
Last modified Spring Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.