Bad
Good

Posted May 18, 2015
I absolutely loved Spring Valley! Thanks God my children were assigned to Spring Valley! There are so many positive experiences that we have had this school year: 1) Super dedicated teachers! Thumbs up for them in excellent job they do every day. From day one I noticed that the teachers were so happy, energetic, so friendly and so involved. It was hard to believe. My special thanks to Ms. Gross and Mrs. Sheredy. My children who did not speak any English became fluent in no time! They could independently do their homework just a couple of months later. The level of academics is what any parent could wish for! 2) Discipline. Your children will definitely will be taught how to behave. I love how each and every teacher in Spring Valley guide and educate their crazy young crowd! 3) The best Principal! Mrs. Kwong knows her students by their names, knows the parents and is always present at school with her incredibly gentle and unique way of managing the school. 4) Amazing field trips. My children have been to Symphony Hall, they watched ballet, they went to Academy of Science, tons of theatres, cultural festivals, SF zoo and many more.

Posted September 17, 2014
I pulled my child out of Private school to put him in Spring Valley Science. The reason was, after many school tours, SVSS had much to offer in programs. I also read a lot of parent reviews, which I highly recommend. My child has no problems in academics but was needing more of a challenge. Also, he was not feeling like he was fitting in at his previous school. I've come to find out my child will do well where ever he goes as long as he's socially happy and now he is. His teachers have been amazing, inspiring and last years teacher was a bit challenging. I can say this about the SVSS teachers because I see it first hand. I volunteer at the school once or twice a week, all day. I witnessed the teachers dedication to their students in awe. I'm not saying the school is perfect but it's perfect for my family. Just a heads up! Our test scores might not be as high as some schools because English is a second language for most of are students. Which doesn't mean our student aren't capable of greatness . I think it's awesome when a child can speak two languages, I wish I could. Kudos to Principal Kwong for her dedication and trying her best everyday with her gentle spark.

Posted November 08, 2011
I feel privileged to serve the students and families at Spring Valley. I have worked at many school, but very few schools have the cultural diversity that this school offers. The teaching staff is highly qualified and extremely dedicated. Teaching is not a job to them, it's a calling. In response to a parent's concern regarding open gates. I believe the gate in question is the one leading to the parking area which does remain open during school hours. However, our campus is extremely safe since we are located in a residential area. Please contact our school office at 749-3535 for school tours every Thursday at 9:30 a.m.

Posted May 15, 2011
SPRING VALLEY SCIENCE SCHOOL in San Francisco is by far the most outstanding public elementary school. As for the parents concern about open gates, they do get closed at times and we have never lost a child. There is also a security system with cameras throughout the school - inside & out. I only wish that the school went to 8th Grade instead of 5th.

Spring Valley Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2011
I went to check the school out yesterday and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The classrooms are bright with huge windows and the building is very clean inside and out, I was very happy with what I saw. My only concern was that I saw some gates were wide open and anyone can easily come in. I am a very cautious person and being that my son is in Kindergarten, I don't know if this should be a concern or not. Other than that, I am in love with the school.

Posted June 14, 2010
It is a great school which helps a lot of poor child to have bright future!!! Dont think about it just go to Spring Valley to experince it!!

Posted March 11, 2010
My 2 kids going to Spring Valley for kindergarten and 3rd grade for billingual classes. This is an excellent school in San Francisco especially Mrs. Ko who is kindergarten billingual teacher, her stragey and plan are so strong that the kids is doing very well for their future life. Her fundamental building for kindergarten is so strong that I am so happy with it. If you want your kids to have great future, you should send them here Spring Valley.

Posted October 28, 2009
My daughter is in second grade in the Spanish Bilingual program. I have been so happy with how she has developed in this school! The teachers are extremely committed, and the kids all get along well. I have noticed that someone fails kindergarten every year which I think is a testament to the teachers not letting kids slip through the system. Also, the kids don't seem to outcast one another nor do they appear negative/dislike school. Also, the amount of HW seems reasonable, and if anything it builds great study habits. I would strongly recommend this school!

Posted October 08, 2009
Great, dedicated, highly-educated staff & principal with a selection of lovely children.

Posted April 23, 2009
Just wonderful! Great Principal, wonderful teachers, bright kids! We enjoyed Spring Valley so much!

1451 Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA  94109-3115
Last modified Spring Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top