Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
We are very disappointed with this school. Children who are 1-5 grades are not provided with time in the cafeteria to eat lunch and have to eat standing in the school yard. The main bathrooms never have soap. The principal and many staff members are rude and not supportive to the parents. Gossip is terrible at this school too. The principal would not make any improvements when parents suggest sponsors or greening of the school, which is especially sad since our city has so much resources to offer. The principal is a bully who makes everyone fear her. She threatens people, if they bring any concerns to her.

Posted August 25, 2013
My son goes to Robert Louis Stevenson School. He enjoys learning here very much. All the staff and teachers are great to him and me. There are many activities at this school such as the All Stars ceremony, Read Aloud Day, Potluck, and Students' Assembly.

Posted August 09, 2013
Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary is a great school. The principal, teachers, and staff encourage open communication to all parents. New incoming Kindergarten parents are invited to attend the Kindergarten Orientation before the first day of school. New parents can come to learn about the school, meet their child teachers, learn about the curriculum, learn about the teachers expectations, and meet other parents. During the school year we will have our annual Read Aloud Day. We invite all community people such as the police officers, firefighters, doctors, bakers, coast guards, etc. to come to our school to read aloud to our students. This is a fun and exciting day as the students get to learn about the different careers and meet different community people in their neighborhood. Another event that we have at Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary School is the All Star ceremony. We have this event every Friday at the end of each month. We acknowledge each child for his or her talents and creativity.

Posted August 09, 2013
Robert Louis Stevenson School is a wonderful school. My teachers were great to me. They cared about me and were eager to teach me. I had learned so much from my teachers since they were so knowledge in all subject areas. I enjoyed going to the school library to hear the school librarian reads aloud and she taught me and the students activities on the laptop. I went to many wonderful field trips and had a lot of fun.

Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School 4

Posted January 13, 2012
I have two daughters at Stevenson. This is a great school. The staff for its most part is super, supportive and provide a great quality of education. It is very academic driven and like any other school, will only continue to thrive as long as we have parent involvement. There are a few things that could be improved in the school, such as the cafeteria and the kids play areas. However, this will only be possible with the community support. This is a call to every parent with kids are RLS. Let's support our school and get involved in community activities that will elad to the improvement of the campus. Go Dolphins!

Posted July 21, 2011
I am a student that has graduated from Robert Louis Stevenson. I have started from Kindergarten all the way to fifth grade. In the last five years, I have enjoyed school very much and often looked forward to going to school. The lessons are very engaging, and I have learned many interesting and useful facts. However, I personally think they need to do a better job on the yearbooks. One of my teachers was very rude to me and did not care for me at all, and I was especially young at the time(first grade), but he/she has retired a year ago. My fourth grade teacher made the biggest difference in my life and I especially want to thank him/her. The music teacher was quite snappy and would get annoyed when you made a mistake. However, I have made friends since Kindergarten, so there is no need to worry about that. MANY of my personal things were stolen, and they were hidden in the back of my desk(rulers, pencil cases, etc.).

Posted March 05, 2010
We have been at the school for over five years. We disagree with the critical comments noted below. RLS has an active PTA that is involved in many efforts. For example, the PTA will be holding a raffle event in the next few weeks. Also, the school works very hard at encouraging diversity. Although we are of a different background than the majority of kids at the school, our kids have always been welcomed and do quite well socially. The best thing about the school is truly the teachers -- they are simply the best. And it shows in the good test scores at the school. If you want teachers who will push your child to do the best she can do, RLS is the place to be!

Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School 0

Posted December 21, 2009
We are not pleased with this school at all. Yes perhaps the scores are high, but that's not the only indicator of a healthy environment for kids. This school is lacking in communications with parents, parents involvement and diverse activities.

Posted December 17, 2009
In my opinion the school needs a lot of work in school spirit, diversity, helping to close the achievement gap, and helping students to get along socially. If your child is passive and of any ethnicity like African American, your kid may not do well here. But one great teacher that I can rave about is Mr. Yohe!!!

Posted October 25, 2009

Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School
2051 34th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94116
Last modified Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.