Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted April 25, 2016
My daughter started Kindergarten this past fall and we are very happy with the school, especially with the new principal Mrs. Lau-Yee. She seems to truly care about the students. Its hard to leave your kids in the hands of someone else but I believe under the new leadership of Principal Lau-Yee, my child will gain academic, social and emotional skills that will help her prepare for her future.

Posted April 09, 2016
My son started kindergarten this school year. Although we had RLS in our list, it was not one of our top 3 choices. However, we are very pleased with the school. The new principal Ms. Lau-Yee is bringing positive changes to the school. She also knows the name of most , if not all the kindergarten students! The teachers we have met are very dedicated and caring as well. Most importantly, my son likes and enjoys his school! If there's room for improvement? of course there is, like any other schools. However, I'm confident that with Ms. Lau-Yee leadership together with dedicated parents, the school will have a bright future.

Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2015
I am a parent of a kindergartner. My son has attended this school for just over 3 weeks, and I have been very happy with what I've seen so far from the teachers and administrative staff. His teacher has been very responsive to any concerns I have had and the communication from the staff at the school has been fantastic. Admittedly, this school was our 7th choice and I was not initially impressed with the school during the school tours. The older looking facilities, lack of diversity, a seemingly inactive PTA where some of the major turn offs for me. It doesn't have some of the bell and whistles of some other schools, but if you are looking for a school with great teachers, strong academics and a safe environment, you should consider this school.

Posted February 17, 2015
I have a daughter that is currently attending this school, due to her special condition, she required a lots of personal attention by different teachers. I found teachers in R.L Stevenson to be very accommodating and cares a lot for their students. We also have a new principle in the school now, and he is wonderful. He is always visible in greeting with students and parents, and seem very personable to talk to as well. I felt privileged to have enrolled my daughter into this school.

Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
We are very disappointed with this school. Children who are 1-5 grades are not provided with time in the cafeteria to eat lunch and have to eat standing in the school yard. The main bathrooms never have soap. The principal and many staff members are rude and not supportive to the parents. Gossip is terrible at this school too. The principal would not make any improvements when parents suggest sponsors or greening of the school, which is especially sad since our city has so much resources to offer. The principal is a bully who makes everyone fear her. She threatens people, if they bring any concerns to her.

Posted August 25, 2013
My son goes to Robert Louis Stevenson School. He enjoys learning here very much. All the staff and teachers are great to him and me. There are many activities at this school such as the All Stars ceremony, Read Aloud Day, Potluck, and Students' Assembly.

Posted August 09, 2013
Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary is a great school. The principal, teachers, and staff encourage open communication to all parents. New incoming Kindergarten parents are invited to attend the Kindergarten Orientation before the first day of school. New parents can come to learn about the school, meet their child teachers, learn about the curriculum, learn about the teachers expectations, and meet other parents. During the school year we will have our annual Read Aloud Day. We invite all community people such as the police officers, firefighters, doctors, bakers, coast guards, etc. to come to our school to read aloud to our students. This is a fun and exciting day as the students get to learn about the different careers and meet different community people in their neighborhood. Another event that we have at Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary School is the All Star ceremony. We have this event every Friday at the end of each month. We acknowledge each child for his or her talents and creativity.

Posted August 09, 2013
Robert Louis Stevenson School is a wonderful school. My teachers were great to me. They cared about me and were eager to teach me. I had learned so much from my teachers since they were so knowledge in all subject areas. I enjoyed going to the school library to hear the school librarian reads aloud and she taught me and the students activities on the laptop. I went to many wonderful field trips and had a lot of fun.

Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2012
The principal lacks ability to get things done. And she is full of excuses for her lack of leadership. That said, there are some excellent teachers (whom I feel sorry for since they received little support from their boss). The PTA tries hard but not enough overall parents involvement.

Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School 4

Posted January 13, 2012
I have two daughters at Stevenson. This is a great school. The staff for its most part is super, supportive and provide a great quality of education. It is very academic driven and like any other school, will only continue to thrive as long as we have parent involvement. There are a few things that could be improved in the school, such as the cafeteria and the kids play areas. However, this will only be possible with the community support. This is a call to every parent with kids are RLS. Let's support our school and get involved in community activities that will elad to the improvement of the campus. Go Dolphins!

Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School
2051 34th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94116
Last modified Stevenson (Robert Louis) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.