Posted March 10, 2014
This has been a wonderful school for our family. My son has had 2 years of great teachers so far and we love being part of this warm community. This is a great and growing neighborhood school with many families from Bernal Heights, Mission, Glen Park, Sunnyside and the Excelsior.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter has gone to Sunnyside since Kindergarten and she is now in the 5th grade. This school environment has improved every year she has been here, along with their STAR Test and API scores. Sunnyside s API for the past 4 years: 2010 API: 768 2011 API: 807 2012 API: 825 2013 API: 862 What more could you ask for in the public school. The teachers are all dedicate and the principle is very approachable. There are also many enrichment activities outside of the classrooms that help to support the curriculum. Students can choose to participate in any of these. Science Night, After School Arts, Music, Dance, Lego and the Opera connection helps enhance this school community. Every grade level has outside soccer teams that they can join etc. I highly recommend this school especially with new renovation begin next year, which means new buildings, and update rooms.

Posted September 01, 2013
Sunnyside was our forst choice in the lottery and we're thrilled to be there. It's full of great teachers, committed families, and excellent resources. The principal is hand-on, approachable, responsive, and smart. The facility is beautiful and the upcoming renovation will really give the school a fresh new look.

Posted August 09, 2013
Sunnyside has a great community of locals always willing to help out at the school and with each other - the San Francisco opera came to our school last year and our students wrote and performed in their very own operas!

Posted July 08, 2013
Sunnyside is a great school for my son. He will be entering first grade in the Fall. Being this is our first experience with public school, we couldn't be happier. The teachers are attentive and thorough, The Principal is very involved and committed and the parent community is outstanding. I feel even over the past year the school is evolving and will soon be one of the top! Go Eagles!

Posted April 16, 2013
I have two boys Sunnyside Elementary. One Kindergartner and 2nd grader. We have been VERY happy with the school. We are new to the school this year coming from an International school abroad. We were nervous about switching to a public school in a state that doesn't have a lot of extra money to go to education. We couldn't be more pleased with the teachers and the atmosphere at the school. The principle is very involved in the everyday happenings at the school and it has a very active PTA. My boys are very excited to go to school everyday which to me says a lot!

Sunnyside Elementary School 4

Posted November 15, 2012
I went on a tour of Sunnyside for my soon to be kindergartner. The tour was well organized by informed parents who did a great job answering the questions the audience had. Most importantly, the teaching at Sunnyside seemed strong. In each classroom, the teacher had full command of her class, the children were engaged and were learning. Sunnyside kindergartners were reading, which, compared to other schools I toured, was impressive. Definitely worth touring and putting on your radar.

Posted October 29, 2012
The Sunnyside teachers have been awesome and the parent community is friendly, open, down-to-earth, positive, energetic.

Posted October 11, 2012
Sunnyside is a great place to be for kids and parents! My child is learning so much academically while also having lots of in-class enrichment programs like art, dance, gardening, music, and PE. There are lots of community events including a Halloween carnival during the school day and a Springfest carnival open to the public, Bike to School Day, Math and Science Night, International Potluck, and lots more. It seems there is a fun event at least every month, which the kids love, and it helps bring the community of families together. The PTA is very active, and there are many dedicated family members volunteering and helping to fundraise for our school. Sunnyside has everything I could want: Strong academics, dedicated and caring faculty and staff, loads of enrichment programs, small school feel, and a warm community. We are very happy here!

Posted October 10, 2012
Sunnyside is a wonderful community. The principal is inspiring and deeply invested in teacher coaching and retention. The teachers are engaged, communicative, and enthusiastic. The PTA/parents are very organized and do great work funding an incredible array of enrichment activities. My kindergartener has had "extras" every week (or more!), including special science workshops, KidPower personal safety workshops, and dance/movement class. We love it.

Sunnyside Elementary School
250 Foerster Street, San Francisco, CA  94112
Last modified Sunnyside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunnyside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top