Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Our kids have been at this school for nearly two years. We expected to thrive here: Sunset just seemed so well organized and friendly. It is indeed a very well run school, but there needs to be a greater focus on caring and well being. Good scores, rule following & efficiency are the focus. If your kids are more kind-hearted than they are rule-oriented, this will be a tough place for them.

Strong leadership, rigorous, engaging and diverse curriculum, welcoming PTA fostering strong school spirit and culture, and a spacious, beautiful learning environment.

We were wait-listed for 2 years and finally got in this year, and couldn't be happier. The PTA and teachers were so inviting and warm. My daughter has adjusted to the new school quickly with the great staff and parents.

My child is in second grade and we could not love this school more! The community is amazing--both in terms of raising funds for all sorts of extras (we have art, music, dance, gardening, technology, PE,a great library) but also in terms of making the school feel inclusive and vibrant. And the teachers are great--creative, energetic, caring. Everything about this culture of Sunset is wonderful. And the campus is one of the nicer ones I've seen in the city. We feel lucky to be here.

I'll ditto what everyone has posted - my oldest is a 2nd grader and i have another boy who'll start kindergarten in three years and i love, love this school. principal lee was the deciding factor in choosing this school as my first choice and i am super duper glad we got our first choice. from the strong pta to having our own parking lot (yes, a big plus in san francisco), and everything in between, we are very lucky and blessed to be part of sunset elementary. go sunset stars!

Sunset is a terrific school -- one of it's biggest strengths is it's sense of community. Add that to great academics and a lovely campus and you really can't lose!

Our son has recently started Kindergarten, and we are thrilled. Sunset has been nicely renovated, has ocean views, a green schoolyard project underway, and will likely feed students into AP Giannini Middle...which is next to the school. A new public library and playground are being built adjacent to the school. Very safe, increasingly diverse, excellent test scores, great extracurriculars, fantastic principal, engaged teachers, and an active PTA. So many great schools in the Sunset District...if you are planning on moving out of the city for schools...stay in SF and check out the Sunset.

I cannot not say enough good things about our school, Sunset Elementary. Our family is thriving here. We have a remarkable and committed Principal combined with an innovative and energized PTA in a lovely site. I especially appreciate the way the PTA makes efforts to make sure that all members of the community are invited and included in activities.

My son attended this wonderful school for six years. He is autistic and was placed in the school inclusion program. I am so grateful for all the support from the dedicated teachers, paras, school principal, and the whole Sunset community. You made my son's life so much easier. I would not trade Sunset to any other school.

You will not find a more inclusive, fun, vibrant, creative, diverse and dedicated school community in SF. We have PTA sponsored movie nights, garden work days, a Spring time Carnival, enrichment classes right after school, and caring teachers who deliver day in and day out. Ms. Lee, the principal, wears many hats, but has the magic touch in building a learning community where parents are active partners. The campus has undergone an ADA retrofit and is in the midst of a Greening Schoolyard Project. The PTA has stepped up Big Time in the last 4 years. My kids love this place!

Last modified Sunset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.