Bad
Good

Tenderloin Community 5

Posted December 02, 2013
I was a student in this school I graduated in grade five batch of 2010-2011 it was a good school I'm starting my old friends.........I'm Eric Bodestyne I was a student there for 6 years if my last teacher was Ms, Angus I. Grade 5 if any of guys remember me mostly my old batch mates add me on Facebook.

Tenderloin Community 5

Posted June 15, 2013
My child had a fabulous kindergarten experience at Tenderloin Community School. The love of reading and writing that he learned in just one year of kindergarten will set him up for a life time of school success what's the old saying ' everything i ever needed to know i learned in kindergarten...'

Posted April 28, 2013
In response to the last post; most of the staff at Tenderloin Community has been there for more than 10 years, in fact 7 of us have been there for more than 14 years. It is true that the principals don't last long (the one refereed to in the post is now at McKinley - a school probably well respected by the poster). We also have a low attrition rate. We rarely have openings in K-3 after the start of the school year- so 350+ families are quite happy. We have many challenges but the staff and parental happiness in not one of them. The staff is glad to work there and the parents are glad to have their kids there (and I say this from reading and analyzing parent satisfaction surveys).

Tenderloin Community 1

Posted May 05, 2012
I'm really shocked that people are calling this a good school. Everyone I know runs out of this place. I have never met one parent or staff member that likes it. The principal is out on leave and if she stays out, the place might have a chance.

Posted September 15, 2011
My kids have been going to this school for 13 or 14 years, since the school's beginning. I love this school because of its extreme racial diversity and afterschool clubs. A class of 20 kids could come from 10 different countries. The clubs offered could be Vietnamese, tennis, chess, guitar, and more. I've had one kid at the bottom of the class and another 2 grades ahead of her class so I don't put much emphasis on the scores of a school but more on the feel of a school. I like the teachers and the way that they teach the kids to get along with each other. The parents could use some of that teaching tho. The parent get togethers are too rowdy and ill mannered.

Posted May 29, 2011
My cousin so and so is loving this school! She learns everything she needs to know. I'm happy she goes to this school and loves to learn and meet new friends at Tenderloin Community School. Thank you to the teachers and staff at Tenderloin Community School for letting my cousin being in this school, and letting her being a part of this school. She learned so much in Kindergarten this year. Thank you. One of her favorite teacher was Ms. Sizelove. Anyways thanks. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD YEAR FOR THERE KIDS, FAMILIES, ETC NEXT YEAR IN TENDERLOIN COMMUNITY SCHOOL!

Posted May 15, 2010
My kindergartner has had a wonderful, enriching academic experience. The teachers are excellent and the school is a beautiful facility with many resources. However, the district administration is slow to respond to obvious behavior problems that affect the learning of other students.

Posted April 14, 2010
It's helping kids and families who have so very little.

Posted August 07, 2009
I just finished my student teaching here, and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Excellent teachers, great resources, and an emphasis on community.

Tenderloin Community

Posted March 27, 2009
Great school. My daughter loves it. The teachers are great .The school offer alot of after school programs

Tenderloin Community
627 Turk Street, San Francisco, CA  94102-3212
Last modified Tenderloin Community is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tenderloin Community Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top