Corpus Christi School

Private | K-8

Living in San Francisco

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $460,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,610.

Sweep tile

Posted October 2, 2011

We have 2 children at Corpus Christi school. Since the new ipad program has started, they've come home every day overjoyed to show us the latest math, science, geography etc... apps they've downloaded. Technology isn't the future, it's the present...We're so proud of our school for being the trailblazers in this community!

Posted August 4, 2010

Wonderful school! This school has been around for generations. Caring staff, excellent academics, and many after school activities for the kids. Small enough to foster communication and individualized attention for its students, yet large enough to create the feel of a "big school" without losing focus on its students. Old fashioned morals, values, discipline, and study habits are emphasized at this school. The only downside is I wish there were a larger playground/greenery around campus, but it is located in an urban neighborhood so it is understandable. All in all Corpus Christi is an excellent choice for parents.

Posted March 31, 2010

The first time I visited CCS, I feel like I am at home. You can easily see the present of the sisters and fathers. The school has changed for better in the last two years or so. It started from the top. They have a new principle who in my opinion the hardest working principle. Her door is always open to anyone who has any concern or question. She has hired some excellent top notch teachers in the past 2 years and it shows. My kids are learning how to read, write, and do math far better than a public school. There are many free after school clubs for student to participate in. The technology is also first in class at CCS. They have the latest smart interactive board. CCS also have champion even though they do not have gym. Sent your kids there and you will not be regreted.

Posted January 23, 2010

I have two children that have attended Corpus Chrisit School since kinder. They love their teachers and the school. I love that the principal knows each child and is always walking around with a Big Smile on her face! They even have a cheerleading program! The teachers are very caring and reply to a parents concerns immediately. We are planning on moving, but the only reason I want to stay in the City is to keep my children in this loving school. My children are excelling in school because they have the support they need to move forward. My kids never complain about school. I went to visit Epiphany before sending my children to Corpus and when I did the walk through I was quite sad at the fact that the prinicipal hardly knew the children. That is why I chose Corpus Christi.

Posted September 8, 2009

I attended Corpus Christi School for eight years of my life and I have to say that it was one of the best choices that my parent's ever made for me. Academically, Corpus Christi is top notch when it comes to preparing students for high school. A lot of my classmates including myself were accepted to many of the best private and public schools in the Bay Area. I'm currently in my third year of college studying to be a Nurse while a lot of my peers are on track towards medicine, law, and education. Spiritually, the sense of community and belonging is what makes Corpus Christi everything it is. The Salesian philosophy that is integrated in the school curriculum helps the students grow in their faith and everyday lives. The extra curricular activities are stellar and the school is very supportive in attending the games to show school spirit.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 25, 2009

So far Corpus Christ school in SF is great! There are ton of extracurricular activities that are free!!! The Prinicipal has done so much for the school and from Kinder to 2nd Grade the teachers are awesome. I am not sure of the teachers from 3-8 yet since my children are in 1st and 2nd so far. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a school that's small and give a feeling of family!

Posted December 8, 2008

Corpus Christi has evolved in many ways but the foundation and morals of the school have remained in tact. As alumni, I have fond childhood memories from this school and my child will do the same. My child loves to go to this school! They do indeed have a great accelerated math program and the children are advancely computer literate. I was amazed at how much the internet/computer system has been integrated into the class curriculum. They've been in talks for a gym for decades now and I hope it materializes so that my child can enjoy the one thing the school is lacking. However, the family environment and supportive staff make up for this small shortcoming.

Posted October 11, 2008

The most graduates of Corpus Christi School excel in premier high schools and colleges. It speaks well of this fine school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 26, 2008

My child is very lucky indeed to be a part of Corpus Christi School. It has dedicated faculty and staff who are all working hard to help the kids become academically and morally sound. It's unbelievable that the kids are winning and even get to be the champions in basketball and other sports even though they don't have a gym.

Posted August 18, 2008

Corpus Christi has limits to its facilities. Its not a terrible school and academically from my personal stand point its the effort of a student to want to learn more not the school's teaching insufficiency. I currently attend one of the top high schools in the Bay Area and I was well prepared for it. No, I'm the not the genius at the school, but personally I have earned grades that are just as good as any other student from any school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 24, 2008

I regret sending my child to Corpus Christi because I feet that they were academically behind compared to public schools that my nieces and nephews are attending. Epiphany would have been a better choice!

Posted March 3, 2008

I have been a CCS parent for almost 13 years. My eldest one, who went to CCS,started at SDSU this year (One of the 8000 accepted among 53,000 applicants in this campus thanks to the foundation provided at CCS). My second son will graduate from CCS this year and our daughter is in 5th grade. We have gone to 3 Principals so far but what we like about the school is that their salesian phylosophy of all for the children and the school as a 'second home' for them, doesn't change. Their accelerated math and reading program established 5 years ago has made CCS the number 1 of all elementary school in the SF Archdiocese for Math and English proficiency. The teachers are there for the kids and although it may seem that is for philipino families, there is a diverse population. I'm not philipino. Great School!

Posted February 6, 2008

i went to ccs from 4th-8th grade and i thought that it was a nice school to attend. i felt extremely prepared for high school particuarly math, having taken pre-algebra already. my freshman year of science was also a breeze. what i liked about this school is that it is small and very close-knit. i still keep in touch with teachers and friends even being a senior now in high school.

Posted April 23, 2007

I totally agree with the prior comment about some of the parents at this school.Very poor participation.They mostly only get involved if really need to do their hours which is so discouraging. On a positive note however I do like and respect the staff at this school.I love that the students mostly know each other and that the interactions I've seen between them are quite friendly which is very pleasant to see.As far as the culture issue,I have no problem with it.You have a choice!

Posted December 24, 2006

Corpus Christi is a great school and I would definitely recommend you send your child there. I attended Corpus Christi for 8 years and loved my years there. Its a small school where everyone knows one another. The level of parent involvement is very high. The school is just a wonderful place to send your child . It will be a home away from home where you learn so much . If you send your child to Corpus Christi He/She will be fully prepared for High School He/She will learn in a loving and caring environment He/She will make life long friends He/She will be known by name and personality by not only teachers and students in his/her class but by everyone in the school It's a wonderful school and I learned so much . You will not regret sending your child there It is a school of Unity and Pride
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 15, 2005

Although I have had a child in Corpus Christi School for 8 years now I would not enroll another. Unfortunately it is not very diverse and blatently favors Phillipino students. Most social activities are Phillipino orientated and can sometimes exclude the remaining population. I'm not happy that they only offer PE once weekly, and thats only when the weather is good since there is no gym. On a positive note the school is small and everyone knows everyone else, including teachers. No after school activities only baseball, basketball and volleyball and thats only if parents step up and help. no help from athletic director.

Posted November 28, 2003

My child is currently enrolled in this school. I feel the teachers there are incompetent and have a lack of sufficient teaching knowledge. I regret having ever enrolled my son here. I'm positive he is not anywhere near prepared for high school. Parents, if you are even considering this school, think twice.

Ethnicity This school
White 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of San Francisco

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

75 Francis St