K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted August 19, 2016
NDV is old-school, traditional and not up to speed on the critical thinking. Math and science program not up to date (very low level of teaching). Horrible experience with a fifth grade teacher.

Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 19, 2016
8 grade English teacher(Ms. Shilstone), kindergarten teacher (Ms. Renzi - already left school), PE teacher.

Posted January 19, 2015
I am the parent of a 1st grader at NDV and we are very happy with the school so far. We continue to be impressed by the school s academics, its dedicated and caring staff, and the focus on preparing students to be compassionate and responsible citizens. After touring many public and private schools, something that really stood out about NDV were the numerous enrichment programs, including daily French, music, technology, physical education/sports, and a fantastic art program. I can t say enough about the quality of these programs. But the most important endorsement I can offer for NDV is to say that my son loves it! It is a caring community where all the teachers and staff, and even older students, know him by name. Plus the traditions and events that take place throughout the year (Mission Carnaval, Pajama Day, Marche de Noel...and many more) make school a fun place to be. Lastly, the new 1st grade teacher is great! She's doing a lot of interesting hands-on science with the kids and my son s reading level has accelerated tremendously this year. She is approachable and communicative with us as parents and has been helpful with any questions and concerns we have raised.

Posted January 15, 2015
I have two kids in grades 1 & 3 at NDV. They love the school and so do I . The core academics and quality of instruction have helped them to excel. The school also offers an impressive array of learning opportunities beyond the core curriculum including computers, art, music, french, PE, and library time. Some prior reviews were critical of the 1st grade teacher. That changed in 2014 when the long-time kindergarten aide was promoted to be the 1st grade teacher. She has brought a ton of energy and experience to the role and earned the praise of students and parents. NDV has a very welcoming parent community. Community spirit is fostered through a series of events including the annual school picnic, Halloween carnival, crab feed, international night, and more. The end result can be seen in the well-spoken, intelligent and self confident 8th graders. Every year NDV graduates move on to a wide array of top-tier high schools. Their success reassures me that NDV is the right place for my children to succeed.

Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires 4

Posted October 08, 2013
Unfortunately, I have to agree with first grade teacher comment. I am convinced my child learned nothing in 1st grade and set my child back in 2nd grade. Fortunately, the 2nd grade teacher is awesome and got my child back up to speed. They probably need to make the decision to replace her. I have heard these complaints year-after-year. Hopefully, Mrs. G take notice and other parents speak up. Besides for 1st grade, this is an awesome school.

Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughters love this school, and the NDV school community is terrific. I just saw the terrible reviews about 1st grade, but my daughter's experience in 1st grade was a good one. She came out of her shell and learned to be an excellent reader. She seems to like 2nd grade too. Some teachers will always be better than others, but overall, we are very happy to be part of NDV.

Posted October 03, 2013
Horrible experience with a teacher; kids are always getting zero feedback on writing in middle school and I regret sending my kid here.

Posted July 30, 2013
The first grade teacher is just awful. She allowed students to pick activities and did not bother to teach anything. She is using teaching time to study herself and not to teach. She uses Edhelper.com and not the actual workbooks. At the end of the school year, our child came back with a workbook showing that only 2 chapters were used. If this continues in the second grade, we will definitely transfer our child to a different school.

Posted November 21, 2012
NDV is a fantastic school. I have a 6th grade girl and a boy that just graduated. My son attends an extremely rigorous & competitive high school.His excellent organizational skills, I attribute solely to NDV. The 8th grade play was an amazing experience. My son and his NDV friends (boys & girls) continue to see each other visiting their high school events to support one another. My daughter now in 6th grade is enjoying her friends and involved in sports, acting(after many afternoons watching the 8th graders practice), poetry and academics. I have been extremely pleased with the after school program. They have planned activities that are enriching and engaging. All the kids do homework and when my daughter had trouble with math, there was someone to help. Every middle school teacher is available after school for 1 hour to support the kids academically. When I pick up my daughter at 5:30pm she often says in a relieved, happy voice. "I got all my homework done! What's for dinner?" We have a night ahead of us free from the stress of homework. Many thanks NDV. You are a wonderful blessing to our family.

Posted August 27, 2012
As a parent of of a fourth and first grader at NDV I have been very happy with the academics and the quality of the teaching staff. The teachers and Administration provide a warm and personal experience for each student (and family) while maintaining strong academics. The parent community is wonderful and deeply committed to enhancing the school experience and improving the school for future families. Continual efforts are made to update the facilities, raise money for special projects, and create social opportunities for families to get to know one another. Annual events such as Bal de Paris, the family picnic at GG Park, the Halloween party and Christmas Pagaent are memorable and first rate events. The kids, parents and staff participate on every level. In support of the Catholic education is a strong Art and Music program, an 8th grade musical production, sports teams, French program and much more. Older grade "buddies" boost younger students confidence from K-8th grade, attending filed trips together and attending each others graduation ceremonies. Graduates of NDV attend the best high schools in the Bay area, leaving NDV with lasting friendships and memories.

Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires
659 Pine Street, San Francisco, CA  94108
Last modified Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires is a Private school that serves grades K-8