Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires 4

Posted October 08, 2013
Unfortunately, I have to agree with first grade teacher comment. I am convinced my child learned nothing in 1st grade and set my child back in 2nd grade. Fortunately, the 2nd grade teacher is awesome and got my child back up to speed. They probably need to make the decision to replace her. I have heard these complaints year-after-year. Hopefully, Mrs. G take notice and other parents speak up. Besides for 1st grade, this is an awesome school.

Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughters love this school, and the NDV school community is terrific. I just saw the terrible reviews about 1st grade, but my daughter's experience in 1st grade was a good one. She came out of her shell and learned to be an excellent reader. She seems to like 2nd grade too. Some teachers will always be better than others, but overall, we are very happy to be part of NDV.

Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires 1

Posted October 03, 2013
Horrible experience with a teacher; kids are always getting zero feedback on writing in middle school and I regret sending my kid here.

Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires 1

Posted July 30, 2013
The first grade teacher is just awful. She allowed students to pick activities and did not bother to teach anything. She is using teaching time to study herself and not to teach. She uses Edhelper.com and not the actual workbooks. At the end of the school year, our child came back with a workbook showing that only 2 chapters were used. If this continues in the second grade, we will definitely transfer our child to a different school.

Posted November 21, 2012
NDV is a fantastic school. I have a 6th grade girl and a boy that just graduated. My son attends an extremely rigorous & competitive high school.His excellent organizational skills, I attribute solely to NDV. The 8th grade play was an amazing experience. My son and his NDV friends (boys & girls) continue to see each other visiting their high school events to support one another. My daughter now in 6th grade is enjoying her friends and involved in sports, acting(after many afternoons watching the 8th graders practice), poetry and academics. I have been extremely pleased with the after school program. They have planned activities that are enriching and engaging. All the kids do homework and when my daughter had trouble with math, there was someone to help. Every middle school teacher is available after school for 1 hour to support the kids academically. When I pick up my daughter at 5:30pm she often says in a relieved, happy voice. "I got all my homework done! What's for dinner?" We have a night ahead of us free from the stress of homework. Many thanks NDV. You are a wonderful blessing to our family.

Posted August 27, 2012
As a parent of of a fourth and first grader at NDV I have been very happy with the academics and the quality of the teaching staff. The teachers and Administration provide a warm and personal experience for each student (and family) while maintaining strong academics. The parent community is wonderful and deeply committed to enhancing the school experience and improving the school for future families. Continual efforts are made to update the facilities, raise money for special projects, and create social opportunities for families to get to know one another. Annual events such as Bal de Paris, the family picnic at GG Park, the Halloween party and Christmas Pagaent are memorable and first rate events. The kids, parents and staff participate on every level. In support of the Catholic education is a strong Art and Music program, an 8th grade musical production, sports teams, French program and much more. Older grade "buddies" boost younger students confidence from K-8th grade, attending filed trips together and attending each others graduation ceremonies. Graduates of NDV attend the best high schools in the Bay area, leaving NDV with lasting friendships and memories.

Posted August 21, 2012
NDV is a wonderful school if you are looking for strong academics and a real sense of community. The principal is beyond dedicated and the faculty is excellent. No school is perfect but, for our family, NDV is as close as one can get. Every kindergarten student knows every 8th grader by name long before Christmas! The older students are kind to the little kids and this does not just happen magically. The proof is in the pudding. My kids come home happy and excited about their experiences at school. Graduating students are accepted at top tier high schools and adjust easily because they are prepared socially and academically. We are so grateful to be a part of this exceptional school and would highly recommend it.

Posted August 20, 2012
NDV is a hidden gem of a school, offering excellent academics, extensive extra-curriculars, and a progressive yet values-based approach. Students are not only well prepared for, and routinely accepted at, all the top Bay Area high schools (St. Ignatius, Lowell, University, Lick-Wilmerding, Convent/Stuart Hall, to name a few) they are good, kind kids to boot. The downtown location in Nob Hill draws a diverse group of families, who, together with the school/church leadership and teachers, create an exceptionally close-knit community dedicated to enriching the student experience. Students have the opportunity to participate in music lessons (piano, violin, cello, guitar), technology (computer science, programming, robotics), art, French, and sports (soccer, basketball, volleyball, track). Is NDV perfect? No school is, but NDV more than delivers on the most important measures: academic achievement, cultural appreciation, strong work ethics, and an enduring moral compass.

Posted August 13, 2012
We were not looking for a Catholic school. What we cared about most was strong academics, strong community, and solid values. NDV had them all. This is not my fathers Catholic school. The tolerance and diversity this city is known for permeates the culture of the school. There is a class trip each sixth grade class takes; a week in Yosemite. I was a chaperone on the trip this year, and got to see the kids in action on trails, in the dining hall, mucking about at the campsite. What I saw were 32 kids* who had genuine appreciation for each other. It reminded me of my friends from elementary school. A handful of us, email weekly. Friends for life. My sense is that my kids will have at least a few of their NDV classmates as friends for life. That's what the culture at NDV produces. Given the minefield of challenges kids face growing up today, I consider those close friendships, to be among the greatest assets my kids have received from NDV. The academics are excellent. Graduates are readily accepted by the best high schools in the city. *(the class sizes are large, and when you've got a good teacher, an aide, and 32 kids behaving and listening it doesn't matter).

Posted August 09, 2012
NDV is a superb child-centered school offering a solid balance of academics and enrichment (especially with regards to art, music, sports and robotics). If you are looking for exceptional academic results, NDV is always at the top with the results and high school placements year after year to back it up. The school has significant diversity, encompassing a healthy mix of different cultures and religions outside of its French and Roman Catholic core. The environment is safe, positive, and fun with a caring and active community. It is a small school that encourages parent involvement so it feels like everyone knows and is looking out for your child. There is a strong alumni tradition and its location makes it unique and special for city natives and residents (especially great for working parents downtown!). The teachers are engaged and challenge the children, and enough can t be said about the principal who goes above and beyond on a daily basis her love of the school is undeniable. My daughter is receiving an excellent education, stretching creatively and making life-long friendships. We are thrilled to be part of NDV and highly recommend this school.

Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires
659 Pine Street, San Francisco, CA  94108
Last modified Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Ecole Notre Dame Des Victoires Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top