Ungraded
San Francisco, CA

St John S Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2012
My daugther came just before Mr. Willers left. I remember him caring about the students and the school. Now the active Principal Sister Shirley which I have been to her office a couple of times to complain about bullying. Which there a lot of that going on in the school. Now even more since two other school came aboard. Before we only had like 20 students per class not theres 38 students per class for 1 teacher. I don't even thing public school allow that much students per class room. Not happy with this school at this point. Alot more to say!

Posted August 28, 2010
This school is such a wonderful place. It is our fifth year there and we are still in awe of the terrific teachers our children have had and will have. The value of the education here is great - the kids learn and are challenged. I would recommend this school to anyone - whether they are Catholic or not.

Posted May 05, 2009
My husband and I are so happy that we selected St. John's. Our son loves going to school here and the teachers/faculty are wonderful! Parent Involvement is SPECTACULAR! Great diversity and the students are really surrounded by a loving/caring student body altogether.

St John S Elementary School 1

Posted June 18, 2008
St. John's was a great school (past tense). The parent involvement is wonderful. It is great to see how the parents really want to participate. As a student I enjoyed my education until i reached Junior High. I knew things were going to get hard and i could handle that, but it was the teachers who were making the mistakes. My 8th grade year especially, teachers were losing my assignments and i was the one paying for it. I appreciate how they go out of their way to teach more than what is in the books, but just as the students there is no excuse to be losing assignments and forgeting things. It is the students job to do the assignments and it is the teachers job to record it. This did not just start my junior high it has been happening over previous years. I have heard many complaints.

Posted February 22, 2008
St. Johns is a great school. My kids are safe and the teacher/parent involvement is excellent. The school has undergone changes but sometimes change is needed. Mr. Willers and Sister Shirley are always available to hear any concerns.

St John S Elementary School

Posted September 05, 2007
I feel so blessed that my children attended St. John's pre Mr. Willers. I am still involved with the school and it is very disheartening to see the tradition and the harmony of the school lost because there is a lack of caring on his part. While the technology he brought to the school is wonderful, it does not make up for the areas that are lacking. I am saddened that the families no longer experience the tradition that is St. John's.

Posted February 20, 2007
Principal Willers aims to make St. John a school of tomorrow. Good academics. P.E. twice a week and either music or art once a week. Each grade has drama lessons for a short while. Afterschool, kids are involved in sports through CYO. Extracurricular activities, for a fee, includes piano, basic gymnastics, Mandarin, and guitar lessons. Due to parents participation, they have Black History day, Christmas Pageant, Fall Dinner, Crab Feed, Pancake Breakfast, Silent Auction, and Carnival, just to name a few. The school is equipped with wireless laptop computers, flat screen TV's with cable service and DVD players. Students are responsible for the maintenance of it. Only complaint is that the school needs to be more stricter with the students there. Otherwise, it's a school who is gathering more and more applicants each year.

Posted February 28, 2006
Principal Willers is an excellent principal. He is easily available and was surprised how he was totally willing to work with the parents if they were not happy with the class. He believes that the parents and the school are here to give the students the best education and personal development. He is very progressive. He is not afraid to try new approach to make this school the best. There is a lot of parent involvement with the school and PTG. Our school are doing really well financially. In the curriculum, there is P.E. twice a week and Rhythm and Music once a week. The extended day care are trying to arrange afterschool activities such as Piano, Guitar lessons, Spanish, tumbling, etc. It's too bad that second language is not incorporated into the curriculum. Otherwise this school is a hidden gem and words are getting out that it's great.

St John S Elementary School