No rating

Mercy High School

Private | 9-12

Living in San Francisco

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $458,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,890.

Sweep tile

Posted January 2, 2014

My school is Mercy High School San Francisco. I have to say its an amazing school were girls learn how to be role models, power leaders and creative people. Everyone is friendly and willing to lend a hand. Its a community and family.

Posted July 5, 2011

Great school - top notch, diverse, good value, perfect balance of education, faith, athletics, theatre & drama. Loved it in every way - the students enter as young ladies and leave as amazing ladies...Bravo to the faculty and staff for doing it right!!

Posted April 8, 2011

My daughter is a freshman who has received excellent learning support and encouragement to discover her talents and interests. The Women in The Arts Program with Ms. Bennett and Ms. Scott is outstanding. In the beginning I was skeptical of a girls' school but no question it was the right move for us. My daughter's confidence has soared, she's actively engaged in thinking about her responsibilities/role in the world and trying things she never would have (theater set building!) in another environment. The teachers and counselors know and care about every girl and will lean over backward to help. On Edline you can monitor your daughter's weekly progress and current grades in each class, not just at mid- and end-term. The girls develop strong friendships and value their 'sisterhood' with each other. Highly recommend this school!

Posted October 3, 2009

Mercy prepared us for our future college education by pushing us to strive for better grades.

Posted September 16, 2009

It gives young woman a great education and chance to succeed and contribute in our society in a positive, meaningful way.

Posted March 26, 2009

mercy is the best school for many girls and you should really go there.

Posted May 19, 2008

Mercy is a great school, it teaches all of its students the importance of respect and tolerence to local and worlwide issues. As a student and a current junior I could defently say the courses Mercy offers are very challenging.....but CHALLENGE is always a great thing. The teachers at mercy, are the most devoted teachers i have ever met, they want all the students to get excellent grades and they don't let us slack off. Mercy offers a variety of AP courses..... many think AP courses are REALLY HARD, but truly they are not and here at Mercy all the AP teachers teach all the students the material they need to know for the test. I took four AP classes this year; on the day of the exams I breezed through all of them because my teachers had thought me everything that was on the exams. Mercy only offers the BEST!

Posted March 9, 2008

It hasn't been a full term yet and my ninth grade daughter has improved and still developing her writing and math skills. Although it's restrictive and challenging, but it's been worth every cent. The programs Mercy offers are dedicated and well rounded. I am constantly in communication with all my daughter's teachers. Who provide current status's of test grades and homework. There are labs and writing centers that allow the girls to focus on their current challenges. She loves the sports at Mercy and I have to say she has made so many friends in the short amount of time she has been there. The diversity there is outstanding, which mirrors SF. Let me mention lastly that she just returned from her intersession program from Costa Rica. I know that she would not of been able to have this opportunity at another school. My husband and I are very happy with

Posted January 5, 2008

Mercy is definetly not what i expected it to be, some teachers do not know what they're doing in terms of the safety and well being of others. Especially when it comes to bullying. There are some very rude and inconsiderate teachers along with groups of very mean students. There is a lack of art programs and the learning environment is too restrictive. i'm not going to stay at this school next year because i shouldn't have to pay an outrageous amount of money to go somewhere where i feel uncomfortable it's plainly a waste of time- and not worth your money.

Posted February 22, 2006

Mercy is a wonderful school. It helps young women realize the true young lady inside of them and helps express your daughter more; through words and through actions of being responsiable. I would recomend it to families whose daughters want to be herself and has a hard time with tests.

Posted February 3, 2006

The school has done an excellent job for my daughter. At first I found the environment too restrictive, but then I realized it was great for it kept my daughter focused, on time and working very hard. Their writing program is outstanding. My daughter has a learning difference and big time difficulty with reading and writing. After two years, she was writing complicated essays almost with ease. The school is very safe, clean and has great teachers. They have lots of athletic and performing arts programs. Their dance program is outstanding. Mercy teaches girls to be quite independent and free thinking. Since I am not catholic, I was not expecting this. Overall I am very pleased and my daughter is as well. My son just started a good public high school and I was shocked by the difference in quality.

Posted November 13, 2005

Lets start off with the academics..they are top notch and very difficult. Extracurricular activities are very well rounded, I am not sure about the parent involvement.

Posted July 31, 2005

One of the best educational experiences available. Mercy really prepares young women to engage in the world as assertive, independent, and creative contributors. You can't go wrong sending your daughter to Mercy. The staff is commited to educational and personal excellence.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 19, 2004

Excellent school. The teachers and the staff are dedicated and attentive. I was a student there and insisted that my daughter attend the school. A very diverse student body and not as religious as you would think.

Posted March 10, 2004

This is a wonderful school. Small student body and campus make for a delightful feeling of community. My daughter gets lots of individual attention and is flourishing here. I highly recommend this school. The academic environment is rigorous and the extracurricular opportunities are excellent.

Posted March 5, 2004

Great school. Small enough for individual attention and a great place for evolving from a girl to a young women.
—Submitted by a former student

Black 3%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of San Francisco

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3250 19th Avenue