9-12|Private
1,340 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I attended a top-tiered college, and I believe that my admittance and success at my college was due to the preparation that the teachers at Sacred Heart Cathedral provided me. My teachers were hugely inspirational, and I've kept in touch with many of them even today (over 10 years after graduating). I've started doing volunteer work at the school, and I see the same amount of dedication from the current staff.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is a motto above the school's entrance that says "Enter to learn, Leave to serve." I can't emphasize enough of how much the school tries to instill this in their students.

I am an alum of Sacred Heart Cathedral, and I could not be more proud of having attended this school. Not only was I able to receive financial aid and a scholarship, but I received an amazing education with dedicated faculty members, participated in a strong sports program (I later played volleyball in college), and joined a number of other extracurricular activities to build a well-rounded application that got me into a top-tiered college. Above all, the school emphasizes the importance of serving the community. This inspired me throughout my life, and I've now recently volunteered my time to give back to the school that helped shape me into the successful adult that I've become. Now that I've been back, I've only seen a stronger student body than even I experienced during my time there.

good, but the kids are terrible and bad influences. By the time a kid is out of the school they're on a bad path

As a parent of two college age alumni and a current freshman, I cannot say enough great things about Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory. My college age sophomores were well prepared for college with rigorous study and academics at SHCP. They were able to choose the extracurricular activities that interested them and became leaders in the areas of their interests. There is so much to be involved with at SHCP - theater, tech crew, speech and debate, sports, music, chorus, newspaper, magazine, service clubs, dance – there is literally something for everyone! The sense of community that is built at SHCP is really what makes it stand apart from all other high schools, in my opinion. From day one, staff and faculty make it clear that they are grateful to parents for “allowing” them to educate your child. The community that is built within each class starts at freshman orientation with a class dance and carnival, and ends with a senior grad night lock-in/dance/carnival. Parents are welcomed at freshman orientation with a class Mass and BBQ. I always feel welcomed on campus and find the faculty easy to approach and available to parents. I think the biggest testament of the welcoming spirit and inclusiveness at SHC is that when my college age children are home from school, one of the first places they visit is SHCP. They created lasting bonds with so many of the faculty and staff. Teachers challenged their intellects, listened to them, directed them and cared for them. I am so happy that my youngest child is starting as a freshman and am sure that he will have a similar experience.

I've worked at many institutions, but never before have I felt such a warm sense of community at SHC. It really it an extended family. Students, faculty, staff, parents and alumni all support each other and work together. The students are bright, hard-working kids that are driven and excited to learn about their world. The parent community is very involved, and alumni continue to give back. The balance of rigorous academics with cocurricular activities (not "extra"-curricular) nurture the whole student. I'm grateful to be a part of such a community and contribute to student success.

How do i start??? The school is overall AMAZING. I am currently attending the Summer Institute camps and I LOVE it. SHCP is my dream highschool. I feel like I will achieve in that school. BEAT SI.

I would also like to add that although people say the area around the school is bad, I in particular don't agree. Just don't go down that area. But one thing I do love about this school is the different places we can go to after school. There's Japan Town that's only a 10 minute walk away, Little Saigon about 15 minutes down, and many other resturarants.

Its a good school and they do help in financial aid but the kids that go there are bad. The school were its near is bad. Mostly all those kids are bad influence.

Both of my children attended SH, the eldest from Class 2006 and the younger one is graduating this year, Class 2010. I have nothing but good praises for the school. Teachers are great and supportive. They work with the students well and most of them, if not all, are approachable and willing to mentor the students. They have counselors who guide the students by making sure that they are on the right track. As the years progress, they have made so many improvements to the school--their facilities are being upgraded constantly and they have new teachers who are well qualified and dedicated to their responsibility. We are so happy to have picked this school for our kids.

Last modified Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades 9-12