9-12|Private
1,340 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 21, 2016
I attended a top-tiered college, and I believe that my admittance and success at my college was due to the preparation that the teachers at Sacred Heart Cathedral provided me. My teachers were hugely inspirational, and I've kept in touch with many of them even today (over 10 years after graduating). I've started doing volunteer work at the school, and I see the same amount of dedication from the current staff.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 21, 2016
The school supports a hugely diverse student population. The one commonality between all of the students is that the school tries to shape each one of them into doers, leaders, and supporters of one another. Some tactical examples of the ways the school develops determination is through its rigorous academics (including robotics classes), helping students conduct TedX lectures, state championships in various sports, and so on.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 21, 2016
The faculty is dedicated in supporting its students. I have still kept in touch with many of my old teachers from the school while I was in college and even after. The faculty truly believes in its students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 21, 2016
Every school's mission is to educate students to become successful adults. Sacred Heart Cathedral, however, sets itself apart from all other schools though because it truly emphasizes the importance of community within the school as well as serving the surrounding community.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 21, 2016
There is a motto above the school's entrance that says "Enter to learn, Leave to serve." I can't emphasize enough of how much the school tries to instill this in their students.

Posted February 21, 2016
I am an alum of Sacred Heart Cathedral, and I could not be more proud of having attended this school. Not only was I able to receive financial aid and a scholarship, but I received an amazing education with dedicated faculty members, participated in a strong sports program (I later played volleyball in college), and joined a number of other extracurricular activities to build a well-rounded application that got me into a top-tiered college. Above all, the school emphasizes the importance of serving the community. This inspired me throughout my life, and I've now recently volunteered my time to give back to the school that helped shape me into the successful adult that I've become. Now that I've been back, I've only seen a stronger student body than even I experienced during my time there.

Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory 3

Posted February 10, 2016
good, but the kids are terrible and bad influences. By the time a kid is out of the school they're on a bad path

Posted September 28, 2015
As a parent of two college age alumni and a current freshman, I cannot say enough great things about Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory. My college age sophomores were well prepared for college with rigorous study and academics at SHCP. They were able to choose the extracurricular activities that interested them and became leaders in the areas of their interests. There is so much to be involved with at SHCP - theater, tech crew, speech and debate, sports, music, chorus, newspaper, magazine, service clubs, dance – there is literally something for everyone! The sense of community that is built at SHCP is really what makes it stand apart from all other high schools, in my opinion. From day one, staff and faculty make it clear that they are grateful to parents for “allowing” them to educate your child. The community that is built within each class starts at freshman orientation with a class dance and carnival, and ends with a senior grad night lock-in/dance/carnival. Parents are welcomed at freshman orientation with a class Mass and BBQ. I always feel welcomed on campus and find the faculty easy to approach and available to parents. I think the biggest testament of the welcoming spirit and inclusiveness at SHC is that when my college age children are home from school, one of the first places they visit is SHCP. They created lasting bonds with so many of the faculty and staff. Teachers challenged their intellects, listened to them, directed them and cared for them. I am so happy that my youngest child is starting as a freshman and am sure that he will have a similar experience.

Posted September 17, 2014
I've worked at many institutions, but never before have I felt such a warm sense of community at SHC. It really it an extended family. Students, faculty, staff, parents and alumni all support each other and work together. The students are bright, hard-working kids that are driven and excited to learn about their world. The parent community is very involved, and alumni continue to give back. The balance of rigorous academics with cocurricular activities (not "extra"-curricular) nurture the whole student. I'm grateful to be a part of such a community and contribute to student success.

Posted July 12, 2012
How do i start??? The school is overall AMAZING. I am currently attending the Summer Institute camps and I LOVE it. SHCP is my dream highschool. I feel like I will achieve in that school. BEAT SI.

1055 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA  94109
Last modified Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades 9-12