Posted September 17, 2014
I've worked at many institutions, but never before have I felt such a warm sense of community at SHC. It really it an extended family. Students, faculty, staff, parents and alumni all support each other and work together. The students are bright, hard-working kids that are driven and excited to learn about their world. The parent community is very involved, and alumni continue to give back. The balance of rigorous academics with cocurricular activities (not "extra"-curricular) nurture the whole student. I'm grateful to be a part of such a community and contribute to student success.

Posted July 12, 2012
How do i start??? The school is overall AMAZING. I am currently attending the Summer Institute camps and I LOVE it. SHCP is my dream highschool. I feel like I will achieve in that school. BEAT SI.

Posted June 08, 2012
I would also like to add that although people say the area around the school is bad, I in particular don't agree. Just don't go down that area. But one thing I do love about this school is the different places we can go to after school. There's Japan Town that's only a 10 minute walk away, Little Saigon about 15 minutes down, and many other resturarants.

Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory 1

Posted July 14, 2011
Its a good school and they do help in financial aid but the kids that go there are bad. The school were its near is bad. Mostly all those kids are bad influence.

Posted April 07, 2010
Both of my children attended SH, the eldest from Class 2006 and the younger one is graduating this year, Class 2010. I have nothing but good praises for the school. Teachers are great and supportive. They work with the students well and most of them, if not all, are approachable and willing to mentor the students. They have counselors who guide the students by making sure that they are on the right track. As the years progress, they have made so many improvements to the school--their facilities are being upgraded constantly and they have new teachers who are well qualified and dedicated to their responsibility. We are so happy to have picked this school for our kids.

Posted October 01, 2009
SHCP has provide many fun activities and has many good circulars for me... I am a freshman and I hope to enjoy the rest of my years at this school with a new 300 seat theater coming up!

Posted September 05, 2009
My daughter is a senior at SHCP wonderful wonderful school super responsive faculty and I cannot say enough. This was NOT our first choice REALLY but looking back I am SO glad that things worked out this way... for a school this size they manage to know EXACTLY whats going on with your child like a big caring family I will always support this school As far as the price it is worth every penny i am a single mother that works on straight commission in the car business and if I can afford it with no financial assistance anyone can GREAT JOB SHCP!!!

Posted September 03, 2009
SHCP is an excellent school! It has the perfect balance of academic rigor, co-curricular variety, athletics and parent involvement. The faculty and administration staff are high-caliber. Discipline has been firm, fair and consistent. Finally, the whole community is down-to-earth, not 'cliqueish' and very welcoming.

Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory 1

Posted September 03, 2009

Posted July 25, 2009
SHCP does one thing really well across the board: it lets students sink (sort of) or swim. That said, if you sink at SHCP, there are tons of great faculty members who will step in to help. That said, however, if a student does not put forth any effort to excel or to make face time with the faculty, not much can be expected. That same is true for the athletics. One will not survive playing for the Irish if continual effort is not applied, aside from scheduled practices. I loved SHCP and I did not hear of anyone in my class disliking their time on Ellis Street.

Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory
1055 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA  94109
Last modified Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top