St. Anthony Immaculate Conception School

Private | K-8

Living in San Francisco

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $675,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

Sweep tile

Posted February 26, 2014

my son is doing wonderful i in this school. They have great teachers and great personal I made the best decision in my son's life by picking this school for him

Posted February 26, 2014

I was really impressed when I saw their jr. high drumline play at the Riordan Varsity basketball game. I talked to the 8th graders and they told me some of the books they had read, and some were the same that my high school son is reading! Really glad my nephew is at this school.

Posted September 28, 2013

St Anthony Immaculate Conception is a great school. It cultivates a strong sense of purpose, values, and excellent education in a caring environment. The first thing you ll notice when entering the school is a sense of community and small town feel. The teachers and staff are caring, committed, and know every student by name. The teachers do a great job recognizing each student s potential and they work closely with parents to help students succeed. The school partners with various organizations to provide additional academic support and learning opportunities. On-Site Programs Include: Transitional Kindergarten Physical Education Cooking Class Art Class Music Class Computer Class (state-of-the-art computer lab) School Library Lunch Program (provides free or reduced lunch for families who qualify) Afterschool Care (fee-based) Parent involvement is high and there s a lot to do and get involved. The school is well maintained and kept secure. My child is happy and loves going SAIC.

Posted July 9, 2013

My Daughter has just Graduated from SAIC. She attended SAIC beginning in Kindergarten. This school has prepared her to succeed in High School and the Teachers have always encouraged her to go beyond what she might think she can accomplish. She has excelled in her education beyond my expectations due to the encouragement that she has received daily from her teachers. She was accepted to all of the High Schools that she applied to, and I feel that all of the SAIC staff had a very integral part in preparing her for applying to High Schools and for High School in General. I would highly reccomend SAIC to any parent looking for a GREAT School for their child. They will be well taken care of and will be given a high quatlty education !!!! Sad that we are leaving but very greatful that we were and will always be part of the SAIC Community !!!!!

Posted November 16, 2012

I was student there from 6-8th. I really did not think it was a very good school in the beginning because I thought that the education was not good. After finally opening up, I found that the school likes to involve families and friends. The classes may be combined of the low enrollment number, but it gives both classes to take a step forward and help the others who missed something but still has the chance to change that. I was in a combined class for 6th and 7th grade. It helped me succeed. I now go to a great high school and did i mention that SAIC has helped me get into 8 or the ten schools i applied to? SAIC may have never been my first choice going there for my junior high, but it was the best choice I have ever made.

Posted May 13, 2012

I recently ran into the aunt of a student who had the 3rd Grade teacher at Immaculate Conception at another school that closed last year. She shared the following story: My daughter came home from school and got right to her homework. She was working diligently so I asked her how she learned to do such a good job studying and learning. She told me it was because Ms. B. taught her how to learn. Kudos Ms. B We miss you!

Posted April 5, 2012

Never thing about to enroll your kids in this school.....My child had a bad experience ever....the students don't respect the teacher and they can' t control them, there is not discipline, and the principal is lost. The front desk secretary gives wrong information about event and they don't care about the kids.the only thing that they care is about money, that way they let kids and parent do what ever they want.

Posted May 19, 2011

SAIC is an excellent school. Blessed with an involved Pastor and an exceptional Principal for leadership, the faculty and staff are able to perform their jobs at the best level for the children. The children arrive each day with smiles on their faces, greet each other and adults with true affection, and are comfortable reaching out for help when needed. The differentiated instruction allows teachers to reach each child at their personal best pace and the sense of community is very strong. the convenient location and easy drop-off and pickup, along with exceptional extended care, make this a great school for the working parent as well.

Posted October 13, 2010

I was fortunate to volunteer as a teacher s aid full time at SAIC from November 09 March 10. I was welcomed with open arms not only by the staff, but also by the parents. I worked closely with Ms. Wozniak and the Kinder/1st grade class. I was able to witness firsthand Ms. Wozniak s dedication to her children and their education. Teachers and staff at SAIC always have the student s best interest in mind. The overall atmosphere at SAIC is warm and positive, family involvement is big with SAIC. Sporting events and school functions are always filled with the support of family and friends. The principal, Mr. Ruggerio, is highly involved with daily activities and knows each student by name, he always makes time for each student and their needs. I personally would send my children to SAIC, I know they will be in good hands.

Posted October 11, 2010

I am a student at S.A.I.C. S.A.I.C. is very fun .Students learn all sorts of skills that help for challenges in life. In grades 6-8 students may run for student council, and have leadership positions. Our principal is a very strong and inspirational man to all students at S.A.I.C.Our school is like a big family, every year students form a great bond with each teacher.We laugh, cry, and live life all together.Our family is so great that graduates visit for the unique, S.A.I.C. love.

Posted September 26, 2010

I attended 16 years of Catholic School and was pleasantly surprised by the experience my children have had at St. Anthony Immaculate Conception. They truly feel like they are part of the family at school. Both my husband and I are working parents and the school has affordable activities and extended care. Everyone of my children's teachers have taken the time to identify my children's particular strengths. Although my daughter is now in 4th grade her 1st grade teacher became aware of a journalism program in the city, and told my daughter about it. My daughter was immediately interested, and although, the program is once a week from 6pm to 8pm, my daughter is thrilled to be in the program, and is full of energy after every workshop.

Posted September 26, 2010

St. Anthony Immaculate Conception is a great place to learn and grow. My children are confident, caring, and as I've been told by family and friends, have an excellent vocabulary. I attribute much of this to the teachers at the school as well as the principal. The principal knows every child by name. My children are very comfortable visiting the principal's office and so am I. My children commute everyday from the East Bay, but always look forward to school. They truly feel its their home away from home.

Posted June 29, 2010

This is a horrible school! Their enrollment is so low that they have to combine their classes. No matter how much they tell you the system is working, don't believe it. It is only slightly better than sending your kids to a gang driven institution. Academically they are only average. Understandably given the combined classes. They are a catholic school that does not follow the Catholic doctrine.

Posted June 14, 2006

SAIC is a has a very carrying staff. I would say academically, the programs are average, not a lot of advanced offerings. Extracurricular activities are also limited and really are driven by parental involvement.

Posted October 29, 2004

St. Anthony Immaculate Conception has gone a long way since the 2 schools merged. With the leadership of Sr. Carolyn Marie, the school has undergone a lot of positive changes that the students benefit from. Some changes may not be popular with some parents but she has shown great leadership and conviction. Teachers are more informed and their teaching technique has greatly improved. They have bright, young ideas that motivate the children in the class. In the area of sports program, the school needs to have a better facility so that the students can actively develop their skills. I think it would be a great idea to have a major fundraiser to renovate the school gym. Although this seems to be a major undertaking, it may be something worthwhile to consider. Overall, the school is continuously moving in the right direction.

Posted August 9, 2004

My 2 children attend SAIC, we've been with the school for 5 years. I'm very pleased with the quality education my kids are receiving. The principal/teachers show much care & love for the students & families. We particularly like the fact that the school has a 'year round' schedule. They start school in early august and end in the beginning of June. The students receive an additional 2 weeks of vacation in the fall & spring. SAIC is easily accessible and makes it easy for me to drop-off & pick-up my children. The school provides a very safe, loving, and strong academic environment. The school is diverse and affordable(they also go out of their way to help families who need assistance). I could have easily relocated my children to a school closer to home(east bay), but I make the effor and sacrifice to bring them to SF because they love their school.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 2%
Two or more races 2%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of San Francisco

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

299 Precita Avenue