San Francisco, CA

Posted December 19, 2014
Our kids wake up in the morning looking FORWARD to school! We stumbled upon this school 8 years ago and it was best stumble we ever had. The Sisters, the teachers, the academics, the nurturing and supportive atmosphere are everything a parent could possibly want. Don't take my word for it, take a tour and attend a class. It is an affordable education with a diverse student body, yet a group of children that show enormous support for each other. The church (closed in 1995) now holds mass for the children. There is something magical about this school and we're so lucky to be a part of it.

Posted November 22, 2014
Review from a St. Brigid 2014 Graduate, I went to Saint Brigid since kindergarten and graduated last year. I just wrote this review to show you what this magnificent school means to me. St. Brigid is a rigorous and centrally located school. It has small classes and each student receives one-on-one attention. Students take Spanish for six years and are immersed in the culture. Sports are also a big part of community life. I played both volleyball and basketball for six years and recommend joining a sports team. My high school application journey was successful, mostly because of how much Saint Brigid prepared me. When application time came around in eighth grade, I got into every high school I applied to. This includes two private schools (University and Bay), one catholic school (Sacred Heart Cathedral) and a public school (Lowell High School). I received a large scholarship from Bay and was accepted into Sacred Heart under the DePaul Program. Now, I attend Lowell, the top public school in the state. I was placed in an honors math program and a junior year Spanish course. I enjoyed my experience at St. Brigid and hope more people take advantage of this magnificent school.

Posted November 14, 2014
Best kept academic secret in San Francisco. Incredibly caring faculty, rigorous academic program, diversity like the United Nations, and amazing children and families make Saint Brigid a wonderful school. Could not recommend it any higher.

Posted November 14, 2014
My two kids attends St. Brigid School, and since the day my son started kindergarten 8 years ago, I feel we have been so lucky to have been able to part of the school community at St. Brigid. They offer an advanced curriculum, and the children are way ahead of the game in comparison to children from other schools. But it is not only an advanced curriculum that makes the school. The kids are also taught to care and respect one another. The community is very involved in helping fund the school, allowing the school to maintain a low tuition for the children.

Posted November 13, 2014
Our son is in his second year (first grade) at St. Brigid. He loves the school and looks forward to going every day. There is a strong academic focus. I was talking with a recent St. Brigid graduate who now goes to University High, and she said she was very well-prepared for high school. The student body is diverse ethnically, socio-economically and religiously. Half of the students are Catholic. The students who go there are all good kids. Even the eighth graders are friends with the kindergarteners. The big kids watch out for the little kids. Our son loves going to their aftercare program because he gets to spend time with kids in the other grades. There are many extracurricular programs offered after school. Our son takes karate, chess, piano and Mandarin. He also plays on the soccer team which is a great way for the parents to spend time together too. There is a very strong community at St. Brigid with involved parents. We have a lot of social activities such as TGIF BBQs in the courtyard, Halloween carnival,Christmas pageant, and the annual Taste of SF party and auction organized by the Dad's group. We are so happy with our decision to go to St. Brigid.

Posted November 05, 2014
Our school is a hidden Gem. Small, close and tight community of kids and parents. It feels like home when you are there because the entire faculty knows you and you them. The kids are challenged every day as academics is key at this school. The kids leave SB feeling beyond prepared at any other school they have gone to. Our kids also move onto to some really impressive schools so as a parent it makes me feel good to know the path of my child is a solid one thanks to picking this school!

Posted November 27, 2013
SB is a special place. The parent community is second to none and the kids receive a solid and well-rounded academic foundation and move on to some of the top high schools in SF. I drop my kids off everyday knowing they are safe, well cared for and academically challenged. Good after school activities and lunch program too. The front office can be a bit bristly, get past that, the heart of the school is the community. It's a real place with real SF families.

Posted March 21, 2013
St. Brigid is an academically rigorous school that turns out some of the politest, most well-rounded kids I've seen in a while. The school's approach is quite old-fashioned with a strong focus on traditional scholastic achievement but they offer dance, piano, karate, chess and many other on-site extracurricular activities. Children are challenged but the school also works extensively with those kids who need more help. Every child graduates from kindergarten reading and writing well. Don't be put off by the rude office staff. Generally, the teachers here are excellent and care deeply for all of the children. The student body is incredibly diverse (only half are Catholic) and the school is a commuter school, attracting families from around the city and even Marin and Daly City. (It's just a quick trip through the Broadway Tunnel to get to the financial district.) The school is a great option for middle-class families, seeking a solid education for their kids. As another poster said, St. Brigid kids go on to some of the best high schools in the city.

Posted September 14, 2012
I have two kids at St Brigid and both are thriving and learning so much in the short time they have been there. It is a relatively small school, but just right in my opinion so that you can get to know others and the school office staff gets to know you. The Principal is wonderful and knows ALL of the children's names! It's amazing, even kindergarteners. It's a very nurturing environment with friendly faces. A real family. Lots of extracurriculars to choose from. High expectations. But they also make it fun and always about the kids. All the kids learn respect and kindness for one another and you could see the older kids really mentor the young ones. We've NEVER once regretted our choice in schools for our kids. It's a win win!

Posted April 01, 2011
I have two children at St. Brigid School. My husband and I actually belonged to a Parish up the street. We were reviewing schools and did some "drop" in visits not during the designated school openings. We were disappointed at what we saw at the other schools. We are very happy with St. Brigid. You can see in each classroom the attention being given to the children and respect toward teachers and students. It is a highly academic school with all of the wonderful assets that children can utilize to grow their education. Starting with Kindergarten they offer Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, piano, dance, choir and more. They have a reading program with Sister Oviedo that is amazing, supportive and energizing for children who need the added attention. There is no tolerance for bullying at all. Children treat their classmates with respect. Each class is its own family. I honestly can not say enough about how happy we are with this school. My husband and I call it the "best kept secret" in the city! We are now four years into the kids education!!! I am seeing 8th graders go to Sacred Heart and SI for high school from St. Brigid. The teachers should be proud!

St. Brigid School