Posted November 27, 2013
SB is a special place. The parent community is second to none and the kids receive a solid and well-rounded academic foundation and move on to some of the top high schools in SF. I drop my kids off everyday knowing they are safe, well cared for and academically challenged. Good after school activities and lunch program too. The front office can be a bit bristly, get past that, the heart of the school is the community. It's a real place with real SF families.

Posted March 21, 2013
St. Brigid is an academically rigorous school that turns out some of the politest, most well-rounded kids I've seen in a while. The school's approach is quite old-fashioned with a strong focus on traditional scholastic achievement but they offer dance, piano, karate, chess and many other on-site extracurricular activities. Children are challenged but the school also works extensively with those kids who need more help. Every child graduates from kindergarten reading and writing well. Don't be put off by the rude office staff. Generally, the teachers here are excellent and care deeply for all of the children. The student body is incredibly diverse (only half are Catholic) and the school is a commuter school, attracting families from around the city and even Marin and Daly City. (It's just a quick trip through the Broadway Tunnel to get to the financial district.) The school is a great option for middle-class families, seeking a solid education for their kids. As another poster said, St. Brigid kids go on to some of the best high schools in the city.

Posted September 14, 2012
I have two kids at St Brigid and both are thriving and learning so much in the short time they have been there. It is a relatively small school, but just right in my opinion so that you can get to know others and the school office staff gets to know you. The Principal is wonderful and knows ALL of the children's names! It's amazing, even kindergarteners. It's a very nurturing environment with friendly faces. A real family. Lots of extracurriculars to choose from. High expectations. But they also make it fun and always about the kids. All the kids learn respect and kindness for one another and you could see the older kids really mentor the young ones. We've NEVER once regretted our choice in schools for our kids. It's a win win!

Posted April 01, 2011
I have two children at St. Brigid School. My husband and I actually belonged to a Parish up the street. We were reviewing schools and did some "drop" in visits not during the designated school openings. We were disappointed at what we saw at the other schools. We are very happy with St. Brigid. You can see in each classroom the attention being given to the children and respect toward teachers and students. It is a highly academic school with all of the wonderful assets that children can utilize to grow their education. Starting with Kindergarten they offer Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, piano, dance, choir and more. They have a reading program with Sister Oviedo that is amazing, supportive and energizing for children who need the added attention. There is no tolerance for bullying at all. Children treat their classmates with respect. Each class is its own family. I honestly can not say enough about how happy we are with this school. My husband and I call it the "best kept secret" in the city! We are now four years into the kids education!!! I am seeing 8th graders go to Sacred Heart and SI for high school from St. Brigid. The teachers should be proud!

Posted March 17, 2011
When my husband and I decided to move our two children from another SF school to Saint Brigid, we hit the jackpot. St. Brigid has, by far, the best academics, hands down. A bonus is the Spanish class the children learn early on that helps them tremendously in highschool. They have a myriad of after-school options. Their sports program is incredible - leading the kids to top divisions and wins. The teachers are great; the staff, nurturing; the parents, very much involved with the school. And the high school preparation is amazing and cannot be beat!

Posted October 29, 2009
Kids are very well prepared, while staff is caring.

Posted October 21, 2009
my daughter very like it, it's a nice place to learn and fun.

Posted October 19, 2009
The students and the faculty are unbelievable! amazing to see an academic institution with such genuine interest and care.

Posted October 18, 2009
Ilove st. brigid because there is disipline,education,and care for students to be sucessful in the future.

Posted October 17, 2009
It has a great academic program and extensive extracurricular activities, The principal and teachers care about the students.

St. Brigid School
2250 Franklin Street, San Francisco, CA  94109
Last modified St. Brigid School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Brigid School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews.