San Francisco, CA
Students enrolled: 1,468

Posted January 17, 2012
My brother goes to the school I wanna go there it's awsome I love the school grounds soo cool

Posted December 21, 2008

Posted November 28, 2008
The Best in the city, has educated 2 generations of our family, and under the leadership of Charlie Dullea for the last 25 years as asst principal, principal and now director of new teachers an SF native steeped in integrity, Jesuit tradition and values, he has developed this school into something better than it ever was.. this school is top notch.Now all they need is a lay president.

Posted September 11, 2008
Undoubtably the best education money can buy. It's expensive because the faculty is first rate, athletics year after year rate very high and the S.I tradition for community, politics and high moral culture among the student body is unparalleled.

St. Ignatius College Preparatory School 4

Posted August 23, 2008
Overall a very good school. Its strengths are sports programs, the values, service immersions, beautiful facilities, outstanding counsellors and college support. The teaching quality is uneven. My son's best teachers have been in non-honors classes. The school walks a difficult balance between continuing valued traditions and the need for a new generation of ideas. A very good tuition value in comparison to private independent schools.

St. Ignatius College Preparatory School 4

Posted July 14, 2008

St. Ignatius College Preparatory School 3

Posted January 17, 2008
My grandson attends. It is great providing you are a star athlete. Many teachers are quite good, but the general atmosphere favors sports achievement vastly over any academic achievement. In his AP History class, the students mostly watch films, and many of the lower track classes are not challenging.

Posted December 06, 2007
I attended Lowell High School and thought that I got a great education. The educaiton that my kids are getting at S.I. is even better. Any parent who doesn't take a hard look at this school, and who lives anywhere in the Bay Area, is being foolish.

Posted July 05, 2007
Best school in the Bay Area hands down. It got me and my friends into Stanford, so I can't complain. I can't imagine having gone anywhere else.

St. Ignatius College Preparatory School 3

Posted March 27, 2007
Mostly love this school, however it does have some problems- not enough AP classes for qualified students, over emphasis on sports, at this point no real exercise facilities for non team athletes, a slowness of process when it comes to scheduling, TAing, etc. And getting help from teachers- it seems some teachers go the extra mile, while others are never available for students. And SI puts its students in tracks...if you aren't perfect as a freshman, it is almost impossible no matter how well you do as a sophomore to get into AP classes. One of my biggest problems is that they aren't consistent when it comes to rules, coaches, tryouts, etc. The academics are excellent, the facilities are top notch, the staff is generally wonderful. However, I have had to supplement my daughter's education too often with outside programs. SI looks great, and is often great, but there are some problems

St. Ignatius College Preparatory School
2001 37th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94116
Last modified St. Ignatius College Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. Ignatius College Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top