Posted March 26, 2014
My daughter has been attending St. Mary's School for two years now and the intention is to have her stay through the 8th grade. I've been very happy with the class sizes and student:teacher ratio. This allows the teachers and staff to devote themselves to providing much attention to each student on multiple levels. Credence is paid to developing thoughtful young adults who act with kindness toward others. In addition, my child is in the Chinese after school program and is learning Mandarin; a valuable asset in today's day and age. The STEM program has enriched the student curriculum and I am happy about the use of tablets in the classroom and at home. Overall I couldn't ask for a better education and preparation in today's competitive economy while receiving tender loving care at school.

Posted September 25, 2013
I love this school. I have two children one has graduated in 2012, and the other one has been going for three years getting ready for fourth grade. I love the long school hours (better for me and my partner)... the teachers are very understanding of whatever is going on in your life. I love how they are teaching the children how to use the computer and the technology that our children will be using in the future.All the homework is on Google Calendar and all the parents are also given a Google Apps login to stmarysf.com. They also have field trips all over the country like Walden West, all the museums, tons of outdoors trips. I can say that I don't know why all schools do not go this way of education.

Posted September 24, 2013
Saint Mary is one of the hidden gems in a highly competitive private school market. My children have attended Saint Mary for the last three years and have embraced the academic rigor and the core values offered by the institution. There are so many opportunities to carve out your niche and follow your passion. At StMarySF (the Twitter handle and the name of the school handbook and newsletter), not only do faculty members know my children, they are advocates for them and know their best selves. I could not be more proud of my kids and know that the administration and the entire community deserves a large part of the credit.

Posted July 22, 2013
This has been a great environment for my kids. The summer school this year was so much fun. The girls had a field trip around the city on an almost daily basis. They were pretty much in school and camp at the same time. It was a wonderful experience one that my girls will remember for the rest of their lives. We are very pleased with the school.

Posted June 10, 2013
St. Mary's is a great school and my daughter loves it there. I really like the family atmosphere of the school, with the small classes and the dedicated faculty and staff. I feel like my daughter gets a lot of personal attention and is thriving both academically and personally. And she speaks Chinese at home!

Posted May 06, 2013
St. Mary s School s stress is on expanded math, literacy, science, social studies, and Chinese language instruction. Emphasis is placed on teaching elementary students about the purpose and challenges of college and the hard work that it will take to get there. They use a balanced literacy approach with phonics, readers and writers workshop, and novel study. My kids' math teachers use research-based methods to ensure students are performing at the highest levels in the country. Students are exposed to a well-rounded curriculum including social studies, science, arts, music, languages, sports, and social skills development. The uniqueness of each child is appreciated and encouraged, and learning happens in a non-competitive environment. Written evaluations of student progress and parent-teacher conferences provide thorough feedback for parents.

Posted May 06, 2013
The promotion of family values, self-worth, good citizenship, honor, and moral integrity for each student is central to the purpose of St. Mary's and as a parent, I feel it is motivated by its traditional progressive spirit, inspired by its distinguished students, and in full anticipation of 21st century challenges, St. Mary's continues to embrace its commitment to inspiring excellence in every one of its students. Also, the school is expanding its extracurricular offering, providing learning opportunities in the arts, sciences and global studies that will set St. Mary's students apart and above while preparing kids. And I haven't even started talking about the talented and passionate faculty and staff. Students benefit from a superior college preparatory education in a diverse, family-oriented environment and from a multitude of academic programs that meet the needs of each individual student. My kid has been there for 5 years and never regret sending her there!

Posted May 03, 2013
WOW. So much is changing. Just had a meeting with the new principal a week ago and I was impressed by how they are unveiling this thing called the Personal Success Plan where he is going to start these Student-Teacher-Principal conferences annually, arrange individualized internship & high school placement with alumni support and get kids ready for college even after 8th grade and through high school.

Posted February 08, 2013
The St. Mary's School and its associated parish and community deserve the best rating. My only regret is that we couldn't have spent more time there. Everyone, including the Principal, the Pastor, the Teachers and the Families made our experience one we will never forget. The academics are tough, the extra-curricular activities are amazing and the religious education is fantastic. I highly recommend the school to everyone, even those families who may be spending just a year or two in San Francisco. We were a military family attending Cal and the time spent in SF with the support of St. Mary's was the best we've had in 16 years of service.

Posted February 08, 2013
First, you must understand that St. Mary's is 2 schools in 1. St. Mary's Chinese School is not just another immersion program. It is a Chinese school with Chinese teachers teaching just as they would back home. I have had my non-Chinese children in the Chinese School for a total of 7 years. The Pre-K through 1st grades are marvelous bi-lingual learning environments! I have no experience yet with grades 7 & 8 but right now there is just 1 class for each grade level. They have a brand new school for the school to grow. We have dance, drama, art, concert band, P.E., and lots of after school classes available. Our PTO is very active and raises lots of money, primarily to be sure our teachers have assistants. Love it! BEST OF THE BEST.

St. Mary's School
838 Kearny Street, San Francisco, CA  94108
Last modified St. Mary's School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Mary's School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.