K-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 04, 2016
Paul Riley is an amazing middle school teacher. All the teachers are great.......I just wanted to call Mr.Riley out.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 04, 2016
I know that wherever my son goes to high school they are preparing him in the best possible way.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 04, 2016
I truly believe they have reinforced the moral compass of love, compassion, empathy, honesty and good manners.

Posted February 04, 2016
It's a well rounded school. Teachers care. Parents are involved. My son has been here since kindergarten and is now in 7th grade. I'm actually already missing the SSPP community and my son still has a year and a half left.

Posted November 06, 2015
It's a great school community. Staff and parents really care about the kids and work together beautifully. Nothing pretentious here, just down to earth people who care about the education and well being of the children. Our daughter is very happy here, too.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 22, 2015
Honesty, integrity and fairness are fundamental within virtually any religion, including Catholicism. So it would be a core component found at any Catholic school.

Posted September 22, 2015
Our son has been at Saints Peter & Paul school for over a year now; starting at Kinder. We included Catholic schools in our kindergarten search along with private and public. At the end of the search, I wasn't comfortable committing to the $30k/year tuition for 2 kids at private, yet I wasn't satisfied with just any public school. In short, I wanted a hybrid - the committed parent community and resources of a private school, with the relative affordability and student diversity of a public. Making things a bit more complex, my wife and I are not Catholic, though we saw parochial schools as an environment that provides kids with a moral compass. We really like Saints Peter & Paul. It's a solid education, great parent community, a principal that truly listens to the parents, a couple terrific STEM education initiatives recently launched, and a plethora of after school programs. Better yet, given that we are not Catholic, we don't feel any 'pressure' on the religious front. That was probably one of my larger concerns going in. All in all, our son is thriving, his classmates are all from good families, the school provides a diverse community (both socioeconomic and ethnicity), and my wife/I really enjoy being a part of the school community.

Posted September 16, 2015
I love this School. It's so embedded in the community and feels authentic to the neighborhood. The staff really cares about the students and parents. The teachers are experienced, focused and many are super connected to the school. The school offers a structured, organized environment with a lot of great programs such as Art in Action, Computer Learning etc and extra curricular activities that you can opt into such as Chess and Dance. And, a big plus - it's K-8 (no Middle School Stress). If you want a real North Beach experience with an 'old-school' vibe and awesome, unpretentious environment you should check out SSPP. This school is a true gem and offers something that, in a lot of San Francisco, feels like it's slipping away....community.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 15, 2015
Dr. Lisa Harris, who is the principal, is a wonderful and caring leader. She works well with parents and loves her students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 15, 2015
I think it helps that the Catholic teachings are very much in line with compassion, caring and empathy and they do a good job of teaching this without it being about religion as much as it being a way of life.

660 Filbert Street, San Francisco, CA  94123
Last modified Sts. Peter And Paul K-8 is a Private school that serves grades K-9