K-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

I know that wherever my son goes to high school they are preparing him in the best possible way.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I truly believe they have reinforced the moral compass of love, compassion, empathy, honesty and good manners.

It's a well rounded school. Teachers care. Parents are involved. My son has been here since kindergarten and is now in 7th grade. I'm actually already missing the SSPP community and my son still has a year and a half left.

It's a great school community. Staff and parents really care about the kids and work together beautifully. Nothing pretentious here, just down to earth people who care about the education and well being of the children. Our daughter is very happy here, too.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity and fairness are fundamental within virtually any religion, including Catholicism. So it would be a core component found at any Catholic school.

Our son has been at Saints Peter & Paul school for over a year now; starting at Kinder. We included Catholic schools in our kindergarten search along with private and public. At the end of the search, I wasn't comfortable committing to the $30k/year tuition for 2 kids at private, yet I wasn't satisfied with just any public school. In short, I wanted a hybrid - the committed parent community and resources of a private school, with the relative affordability and student diversity of a public. Making things a bit more complex, my wife and I are not Catholic, though we saw parochial schools as an environment that provides kids with a moral compass. We really like Saints Peter & Paul. It's a solid education, great parent community, a principal that truly listens to the parents, a couple terrific STEM education initiatives recently launched, and a plethora of after school programs. Better yet, given that we are not Catholic, we don't feel any 'pressure' on the religious front. That was probably one of my larger concerns going in. All in all, our son is thriving, his classmates are all from good families, the school provides a diverse community (both socioeconomic and ethnicity), and my wife/I really enjoy being a part of the school community.

I love this School. It's so embedded in the community and feels authentic to the neighborhood. The staff really cares about the students and parents. The teachers are experienced, focused and many are super connected to the school. The school offers a structured, organized environment with a lot of great programs such as Art in Action, Computer Learning etc and extra curricular activities that you can opt into such as Chess and Dance. And, a big plus - it's K-8 (no Middle School Stress). If you want a real North Beach experience with an 'old-school' vibe and awesome, unpretentious environment you should check out SSPP. This school is a true gem and offers something that, in a lot of San Francisco, feels like it's slipping away....community.

I really feel like this school is such a hidden gem tucked away among the hustle and bustle of North Beach. Although there are many traditional elements of this school, it strikes a nice balance with enriching and progressive programs, including coding, robotics, multiple language instruction, art, music and more. The school is small, which makes for a very strong and close-knit school community. I like that they have strong academics in a very nurturing environment - the students are very close with teachers and school staff making for a very familial environment. There is no tolerance for bullying - the students are very supportive of one another across all grades. My son started at Laura Vicuna Pre-K program, which is wonderful, and is now in 1st grade. He is very happy and is thriving academically. I highly recommend Sts Peter & Paul for Pre-K, Elementary or Junior High.

My experience with Saints Peter and Paul School has always been good. My child has been a student there for five years. I really like how informed the school keeps me about my child's progress. They are prompt to respond to any of my questions and concerns.

I give Saints Peter and Paul School a 10 out of a 10. It is such a great school for all kids.

Last modified Sts. Peter And Paul K-8 is a Private school that serves grades K-9