Posted October 18, 2013
This school is a hidden gem in San Francisco. My daughter has just blossomed here. The teachers and principal are all very engaging and helpful. The small classes and family feel of the community is amazing, and the academic support is incredible. I couldn't be happier with our decision to attend STA!

Posted April 19, 2013
The preschool at STA is nothing short of amazing. I've interviewed at several preschools throughout the bay area and eventually found this to be what I need. As a SAHM, there had to be a compelling reason for me to choose to send my child away to school since there was so much I could offer him at home and by taking him to all the museums in San Francisco. STA preschool offers a facility that dwarfs any other preschool in the bay area with highly educated and skilled teachers who know how to bring out the best in the children. They are tremendous at building confidence and inter-personal skills, as well as the educational foundation for early learners.

Posted April 12, 2013
STA is a rare find! We transferred our son here this school year after a year of being bullied and unchallenged in our local public school. The academics are superb, faculty and staff are warm and caring, and the principal is a true leader. You can't find a better Catholic school in the SF Archdiocese.

Posted November 14, 2012
Best school in the SF by far! As a recent graduate of this school, I was able to live through 9 years at STA. This school, as I see it, is one of the main reasons why I became who I am today. The school has much to provide from wonderful drama programs and an awesome tutoring program to supportive teachers and a loving community. The best part of STA, in my opinion, would be the faculty and community. The faculty at STA truly helped motivate me to be a successful student and athlete. The teachers are always there with their doors open for everyone. Being a student that wanted another supporter by my side, this really helped and as one of my teachers said, "this is a marathon and I am running beside you. We need a strong start and a strong finish." I am truly thankful for EVERYTHING that STA had provided for me and given to me to become a successful student. Without STA, I would never discipline myself and learn moral values.

Posted May 30, 2012
We transferred our daughter here because she was not challenged enough in a highly rated public K-8. We're very happy with the quality of education at STA. This school sends students to top private high schools every year such as University, L-W and SI. In addition, it's a warm family atmosphere that emphasizes moral behavior and good manners, so lacking for young adults right now. This school is an incredible tuition value compared to some schools that cost as much as UC and provide frills but not much substance. STA has everything we wanted and our daughter is thriving there. For us it was definitely the right move.

Posted October 19, 2011
Both of my children attend this school, one in K and one in 2nd. Ms. Borelli is a great principal and is very open to our suggestions. Mrs. Greenhouse, the office manager, is wonderful as well. This school exceeded our expectations and I would definitely recommend it to everybody. It is a smaller school but to me, that's the appeal. You develop a bond with other parents and the teachers.

Posted May 11, 2011
My kids love STA. My son has a learning disability and if it were not for Mrs Harrison-Wong, I doubt if he would be reading at his level at this time. She works with him four days a week after school and I do not have to pay any extra fees for this. I had spent hundreds on private tutors and specialists before STA but my child never improved. It was not until STA that this became a possibility. I am so happy. I see my child reading and keeping up with the rest of the students in his class. His third grade teacher, Mrs Anderson is a gem.

Posted April 08, 2011
This is a great school. The principal Mis Borelli is open and supportive of her staff and teachers. The school has a family atmosphere and most of the parents know each other. The academic standards are high and there is a great Big brother/Big sister program in place. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 22, 2011
I am currently an 8th grade student at St. Thomas the Apostle and just received my letters of acceptance this past week. Thanks to St. Thomas the Apostle's fabulous education and foundation for the past 9 years, I am able to choose from some of the many prestigious high schools in the city such as University High School, Lowell, Saint Ignatius, Sacred Heart, Lick-Wilmerding, Urban, Drew, and Bay.

Posted March 22, 2011
My son was transfered to the school in 3rd grade and at the time he was an average to above average student. Today he is on 1st honors for every report period and at 98 percentile for the Iowa Test Nationally. He now has aspirations to attend Oxford University. All this is possible due to the love and professionalism shown by everyone from the Principal, to the Vice Principal and the exemptional teaching staff. I am active in the Parent Teacher Group for the last three years and I am very proud that we have been able to bring the Science, in class teaching equipment (smartboards) to the students. Along with that the single classes, which are involved in families, which consist of one student from K-8, are ways that Integrity, Love and Stewardship are promoted in the school. I am proud to be involved in the whole school and all that are there. I can not imagine my son ever going anywhere else for the most important foundation for his future.

St. Thomas The Apostle School
3801 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA  94121
Last modified St. Thomas The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Thomas The Apostle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.