K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

The Shielding the Vulnerable program is part of the curriculum and helps children understand what bullying is, what to look for, and how to get help. Teachers are also very receptive to hearing from students who feel they are being bullied.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

It all starts with the principal. He was an integral part of our decision to send our child to Star.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Star students are taught to serve their community and pay attention to the greater good through different fundraising events like Pennies for Patients, collecting food for the Food Bank, making blankets, and donating gifts for children living in the Star Community Home at Christmas time.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are attentive and caring, and willing to communicate with parents to ensure our children are successful.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is assigned, but with the condition that if our child has spent more than an hour on the work, and feels frustrated or tired, then that is enough.

Our child transferred to Star a year ago and could not be happier. The education is top-notch, the principal and teachers are caring and attentive, and the community has been welcoming and inclusive since day one. Our only regret is not having sent our child here starting in kindergarten.

Fantastic school on many levels! My two children are miles ahead of their peers academically and the community is unbelievable. Highly recommend!

We have 2 kids attending the school. We considered (and got into) some other private schools but decided on Star. The teachers are top notch. It is a loving and caring environment. At the end of the day, Star sends kids to the best High Schools in SF. Kids were accepted to all their choice schools (SI, SH, Lowell, etc). Principal is also the best!

I have two twin children. Three years ago we moved into this area from Marin and I enrolled them into Star of the Sea. They had no religious background and I was a little concerned about them enrolling in this small Catholic school. I have to say that their experience has been the absolute best. They have changed so much physically and academically and they are much better behaved. This is due to the personalized attention that they have received. The principal Mr. Hanley has been there every step of the way for each of the students. The vice principal Mrs. Lundy has also been very instrumental in my children s academic and spiritual growth. I want to thank both of them also the Math and Science teacher Mr. Q for the exceptional job that they have done. I also want to thank my daughter's sports coaches. They have been mentors to my daughter, especially the volleyball coach. He was there for my daughter not only for volleyball related items but issues related to my daughter's future endeavors. Both of my children have gotten into good high schools and one of them got into the Lowell. They will be graduating from Star of the Sea soon. We will all genuinely miss this school a lot.

Star of the Sea is a safe, happy, fun place! Academically it is top notch! But don't just listen to me, This is what my kids have to say about their home away from home. "I like Library, PE, Computer and Art. I was really proud and happy when my artwork was put up on the wall in the auditorium. I like hot lunch. All the teachers are really nice. I like the science lab because it is cool and we are growing Venus Fly Traps. I like ballet class and choir. The principal is really funny and nice. Star of the Sea is a really good place to make friends. I don't go to extended care but it looks fun. I really like it when parents come and help. My favorites subjects are Math, Science, Social Studies, Art and Computer. I really like that there are so many after school enrichment activities. Sometimes the principal wears funny ties. " Out of the mouths of babes!!

Last modified Star Of The Sea School is a Private school that serves grades K-8