K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 10, 2015
My child receives a quality academic and religious education and receives the tools to be a good community partner.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 10, 2015
I'm grateful for the administrative staff. They are always responsive and helpful with any requests no matter how difficult. And, I know they truly care for our children just as if they are their own.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
I would like to say thank you Mrs. Fox and Mr. Claye who give their time to help for after school program. It is a great opportunity to say thank you both for being helpful to my child. 1st grade parents

Posted September 13, 2013
We moved to San Francisco from Chicago in the summer of 2012. From the beginning, we have had wonderful interactions with Mrs. Laughlin and her staff of dedicated and professional teachers. The staff has made our daughter feel safe, welcomed, and encouraged her to do her very best every day. Our third grader is academically challenged on a daily basis. She is excelling in math-performing at the fourth grade level. She is reading above her grade as well. The small-sized classroom allow for much greater one-to-one academic interaction with her teachers. This is especially important if your student is not excelling academically. The teachers really care and want every one of their students to succeed. In addition to a strong academic program, Zion offers students learning outside the classroom (which is just as important). There are really interesting field trips scheduled that actually enhance the learning objectives. If you are a parent who wants their child to attend a school where h/she is safe, warm (socially), encouraged (mentally), challenged (academically) and is truly the center and reason for being there, then you should consider Zion.

Zion Lutheran School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
I really like this school! The teachers are all so awesome! I will miss this school when I graduate :(

Zion Lutheran School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
When I went to Zion, I knew that I was welcome. Though it was not a large school, I made many friends. To me, a smaller community means closer relationships. The friends I made became people who will always support me. The teachers helped me whenever I needed assistance in learning. If I didn't understand a concept, I could arrange a meeting with them and we would sit down and figure it out, no matter how long it took. No matter how busy they were, they made time for me, so that I got the best education that I could. Another great thing about Zion is that they know when they do something wrong. If a mistake is made, they will try their hardest to fix it. They have spirit, and they have spunk. The friendly community of Zion just makes you want to smile. You can't help but be happy to be there.

Posted August 26, 2013
Zion Lutheran School is like a family to us. The whole school came together to help my son heal emotionally after surgery. You will not find a more caring staff. Their focus is not just academic but the growth and development of the whole student. They are there for your child through thick and thin.

Posted August 24, 2013
This is a wonderful school where children are nurtured, academics are emphasized and Christian values are taught.

Posted August 23, 2013
Zion is the best private school in SF. My son loves to go to school everyday. The teachers and staff are supportive and helpful. They care for the students. My son learn to take responsibility and independent learning skills. Academically, the school provide a good foundation to learn and excel.

Posted August 23, 2013
Zion offers a great education for an unbelievable price, complete with amazing extra-curricular activities and a wonderful church and parent community. Our eldest daughter graduated from Zion in May 2013, having performed exceptionally well on her high school entrance exams, gaining acceptance at every school to which she applied and being admitted to an honors program. With her Zion preparation, she begins high school in pre-calculus and 2nd year Spanish. But what I appreciate even more, is the training beyond the typical academics. She has grown into a very good public speaker, having delivered multiple oral presentations each year from first through eighth grade. She is a competent singer and actress, having sung in choir all 9 years and performing in the school musical 5 years in a row. All that is topped by two trips to the state finals of the National History Day Competition. Everyone of her teachers loved her well, which has given her an amazing foundation for future learning and growth. Our youngest is receiving the same wonderful education, all in the context of a community in which the parents enjoy spending time together. For us, Zion is a win-win-win.

495 9th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94118