San Francisco, CA

Posted October 22, 2013
SFCS is filled with wonderful people and is a school that can provide immense value to any student. The teachers and staff care about the students and offer them life lessons along with the curriculum. I feel very blessed to have attended the high school. I'm currently on track to graduate from one of the top state universities in the nation. SFCS provided me with an environment where I could be creative and express myself. I'm very grateful for the time I spent there and the people I met.

Posted December 02, 2012
Great environment for all students from p-k to high school. Love of God is first. There is respect among children and staff. My older child attended SFCS for eleven years, and I am thankful to God and the staff there. My younger child is also attending and I have peace of mind that he is in a safe and positive environment to have success in life.

San Francisco Christian School 4

Posted December 27, 2011
SFC has history and passion....they invest in their students and families. It's staffed with Christians who care. It's small enough to give the attention the students need. If you have a question or issue, they will listen.

San Francisco Christian School 3

Posted December 22, 2011
For elementary my parent liked the curriculum, I went there from 8th -12 I didn't graduate from there due to certain circumstances. Yes teachers do their best at teaching the material and giving you a Christian environment but let's face certain facts it helps knowing where your true values and morals are when your in the opposite environment.... College isn't about you getting told by the teachers where's your assignment you have make up work and babying you the whole time... As a student I wasn't told about real life & so many things they try to hide that when you face the real world you feel like bait thrown into a tigers den.... Elementary is grate after 5th grade find a charter school for your kids...

Posted December 22, 2011
While attending SFCS from 7th -12th grade, I was able to apply the skills and character building that I learned in the classroom into areas of sports, music, ministry / mission trips and student council. When I started attending a Private University, I did face many struggles but what stuck with me is the encouragement that I received from the SFCS staff. I held onto the truth that they taught me: Do ALL to the Glory of God. I had a change of heart and a serious wake up call. My drive was no longer bound to worldly standards of success, but changed into striving for excellence in every area of life as I am representing my Savior.

San Francisco Christian School 2

Posted November 14, 2011
It's great as an elementary school - ONLY as elementary school. The elementary teachers are really nice and fun, and the academic standards are higher than other elementary schools. However, as a middle school and high school, the academic levels are really substandard. They don't prepare you for SATs/ACTs and they don't prepare you for college or provide college prep materials and/or programs. Some of the high school teachers can also be surprisingly judgmental and unnecessarily strict. Some core subjects are severely lacking in challenging education. High schoolers are still focusing on English grammar, for goodness sake! The curriculum changes at least every year (at least when I attended), which provides an unstable academic background. That can be hard for students applying to colleges; they can get confused on the Academic Courses part.

San Francisco Christian School 2

Posted August 01, 2010
In elementary I thought it was awesome to be there. But when I got to middle school I wanted to leave, and so I did. This school is better off to be an elementary school because the academics are higher, and they only need one building too. When it comes to middle school and high school the academics aren't so great. Some of the teachers seem racist against Latino students. Also there is too much traffic for middle school and high school. Which was terrible! Also, some students have teachers working there, so when it came to projects they always put them with the smartest people so they don't fail. I only had 1 nice teacher and the rest were rude and mean. This school should only be an elementary school, because then the students can be safer and know what to do for their futures.

San Francisco Christian School 4

Posted May 12, 2010
My son is there, as a middle school is pretty good,. Teacher are great and very nice, they help the kids to do better on their grades, made them work hard.

San Francisco Christian School 3

Posted May 29, 2007
My teen will be a Sr next yr. Also an elementary child in this school. Academically the HS falls extremely short. Only a couple of teachers I would rate well at parent/teacher rapport & helpful with suggestions to assist your teen for college. Christian values only count when they want to make a point. The rest of the teachers are substandard. Academically the HS students are not challenged to do reports enough to excell in writing for SATs. Their vocabulary & ability to articulate on world events or about social justice is so illiterate I am embarrased to say that I pay as much as I do to send my teen to a private school. Their literary exposure is too limited. If my teen wasn't a Sr I'd send somewhere else. My younger child will go elsewhere.

San Francisco Christian School 1

Posted April 16, 2007
- a former student
As a elementary school its ok. Some teacher will above and beyond, while other are quick to discipline. As a high school and middle school I personally suggest that you look at other schools. The school itself does not have many upper level(honor) classes. They are not registered under any csu in California and only promote Christian colleges. Also one last thing dont expect for you child to receive any help when applying to colleges

San Francisco Christian School
25 Whittier Street, San Francisco, CA  94112
Last modified San Francisco Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
San Francisco Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top